Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Every time my interest starts to wane, Demon does something to pull me back in :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Plethora posted:

Tom Preston has disappeared from Deviant Art. His presence on the internet is felt but not seen.

He is known to take new personas and projects. Indeed, the name "Tom Preston" is a pseudonym.

Is this his newest filth puddle?

Random Battles

It carries much of his stink - the all-female cast, lesbians, ugly same-face art with big white eyes and huge upper lips, the inability to express movement, flat humor, and characters more stock than a retail center's back room.
Their Twitter account dates back to 2011 so... no? Don't be weird.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I was going off it but then the baby attack pulled me back in.

he even used pitter patter as the sound effect :allears:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Two-page update on Demon.

It's starting to get a little silly.

:allears:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

too bad said comic also has a bunch of dumb unfunny videogame stuff in it

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

when something has its own topic speaking about it anywhere else is forbidden

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Colon Semicolon posted:

http://wolfpupy.tumblr.com/

I don't know what the gently caress this is or why it's been running for a good while
But it is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen. Where are the jokes? What's the point of the character being a 'wolfpupy'? Am I supposed to care about this awful little poo poo of a character???

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

post your favorite wolfpupy comics itt

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I'm glad Demon is back on the subject of trying to infiltrate a castle that's guarded by 500 one-legged amputee navy seals and "the world's largest assemblage of conjoined twins"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Plethora posted:

Apparently you can leave a comment or send him a note on his Deviant Art account.

you're the author why do you keep posting like it's not your comic

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I'm so glad Demon somehow continues to get even dumber and dumber.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

quite the update, though :shittypop:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I'm willing to give Daughter of Lilies a chance; honestly, the post under the comic is more worrying to me than the actual page itself. If there hadn't been a whole conversation about it I probably would have just read past it without a second thought.

does kind of explain the author's childish censoring of the middle finger and swearing though, while having no problem with showing blood and gore. :v:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

how can you not tell two characters apart when one has prominent freckles and one doesn't have any freckles

like regardless of anything else that's a hard thing to miss!!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Tollymain posted:

been reading a comic lately about a violent superpowered rear end in a top hat who ends up getting a plea deal to become a supercop because her dad's a bigshot

honestly i don't like the protagonist very much? but i like some of the character designs in this thing. check out these pages out

anyway it's named Paradise and it's on tumblr and tapastic, pick your awkward hosting poison if your interested

this owns

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

seems kind of early to judge, it's not like there's been a whole lot of character development yet. The way you described it I thought she was going to be waaaay more reprehensible, honestly.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Something about those screenshots makes me think the author reads a lot of One Piece.

Not that I'm objecting to that if it's true.

given the fanart for it on their twitter, I'm gonna go ahead and say that JoJo is a huuuuge influence. Prob just shonen anime in general, too.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I look forward to the next update in 8 months

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

fritz posted:

I've found Colleen Frakes' "Skookum": http://www.colleenfrakes.com/post/117314732566/pg-1-a-beginning and it's a pretty good comic that's got one complete chapter up (100-ish pages).

And also it's Colleen Frakes, so you know it's going to be good.

the worst thing about tumblr as a comic host is that clicking on a page doesn't go to the next page, but rather to the image you clicked on.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

drat that's a lovely comic

drat that's a lovely post

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I went to go catch up on Poppy, but in trying to find where I left off I discovered that I somehow went from part 2 directly to part 4 and missed 3 entirely :shepface:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

borture corn

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

regarding monster pulse, do the navigation buttons at the top of the comic not work for anyone else? It's kind of driving me crazy.

unrelated, looks like Ava's demon has actually, against all odds, updated multiple times since it was last posted in this thread: http://www.avasdemon.com/pages.php#1523

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Tollymain posted:

http://gashirecomic.tumblr.com/post/126681118719/here-we-go

well i found this today and i don't know if it's good or bad but it's sure as hell something :v:

I don't like looking at this at all! I mean, there's a technical skill there, but it's just so unpleasant to look at.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sounds like Apocalypse Johto.

Edit: "Over the top" barely even begins to describe it.

A+

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Xinder posted:

I just found Buttlord thanks to the OP and I have to ask if it's still updating very slowly or if I should give up on it. I fear the worst, but hope for the best.

I checked it a little bit ago and it's updated since then, so it appears to just be chugging along, albeit slowly.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Xinder posted:

That's more than the Paranatural thread gets. But maybe that'll change now that hitball is over.

I don't really have a horse in this race but if someone effortposted an OP for a Poppy thread that'd be cool.

maybe paranatural shouldn't have its own thread then. Dunno why we feel the need to make an individual thread for every single webcomic that people like, there's no reason you can't talk about them here. Like yeah of course this thread tends to fixate on a couple of comics at a time, every other comic has been relegated to its own thread!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I think the current art in Poppy is very good and I will fuckin' cut anyone who disagrees

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

Surprisingly, making the panels and space between them larger and increasing the amount of scrolling does not, in fact, alleviate the amount of scrolling.

I did try not reading poo poo comics, though, and that seems to have done the trick.

sounds like you got some weak rear end baby fingers if the act of scrolling is such a burden to you

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the example from the sword interval is bad but you're an idiot fucker if you have to cry about and decry this very popular format because your weak rear end twig hands can't handle the act of "scrolling up and down"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

is "korean webtoon" a new euphemism for cartoon pedo stuff?

sorry about your racism

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dunno why y'all are instantly conflating korean webcomics with pedophile poo poo, pretty weird imo. Seems like it might be a race thing.

racists

in other news Poppy updated I guess? Iunno I don't really care that much.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Sometimes people don't want to work on something anymore/would rather work on something else.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

fun hater posted:

its 2016 and people are still looking to ways to complain about stylized noses, lit the least important thing anyone could form a strong opinion about

wtf is this tumblr cargo cult BULLSHIT

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

webcomics are a visual "art" form, so it's important what things look like

ant that comic looks like poo poo

nah

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Phy posted:

I haven't been keeping up with Broodhollow, so maybe it got discussed in that thread and I'm out of the loop, but... I just found out Syfy is doing a show based on Candle Cove, and I hope Kris Straub is making a fat stack of cash from it.

That's gotta be some kind of first, right? If not the first cable TV show based on a webcomic artist's work, because I vaguely remember some cartoon or other for LICD guy, then the first live-action show? And filmed in frickin Winnipeg.

does One Punch Man count

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

a few entries down from the latest one posted:

More on that in a sec. But first some business. If you’re wondering what will happen to this website, I’m planning to leave the entirety of Demon up for a couple more months. When the collected volumes start to come out from First Second, I’m removing everything but the first chapter. So if you want to read the webcomic one last time, do it before July. After that it’s gone, but only in webcomic form. If you want a permanent way to relive some highlights of Demon such as Jimmy being born or Sweetpea kidnapping a boy band and forcing them to perform at gunpoint, I have exciting news for you. You can now preorder Demon on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Demon-1-Jason-Shiga/dp/1626724520)!!! I’ve been working on this book for a year and it’s a gorgeous 2-color printing. We set out to try and replicate the aesthetic of old 2 tone manga from the 30’s and it’s succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. As for shigabooks.com, I’m planning to keep the blog section of this site going. Even though there won’t be new pages of Demon, feel free to come back here for news about future projects, behind the scenes trivia about the making of Demon, cartooning advice and when I might be coming to a city near you!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Demon was bad except when it was good.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

PicklePants posted:

I'm trying to find a comic, that I think was posted in one of these web comic threads.

I've gone through pages, and couldn't find it.

The main character is a buff, red headed lady, with sharp teeth and a long pointed nose, and an unpleasant attitude.

She joins up with a super powered squad, looking to police other super humans.

https://tapastic.com/series/Paradise

it is very jarring that the artist decided to change all of the characters' body types so drastically within 5 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it's like they stumbled onto some post about body diversity in characters or whatever and then went ridiculously overboard changing everything. I might pick it back up if things stabilize at some point but right now it's giving me visual whiplash.

• Locked thread