Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

khy posted:

I love SSSS because it has super awesome cats AND THEY JUST RESCUED A KITTEN But it's sad because mommacat done died.

Still, so very goond.
At least the cat's still and silent now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I must have missed all the necrophilia jokes in For Better Or Worse.
The author did set up the fictional version of her real-life son with a girl he used to date who died, but who she decided he should be with instead. Does that count?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

is that the one where you roll for your rear end in a top hat size
Yes, using the rear end-pect system.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alaois posted:

*crashes through cathedral rose window dramatically*

GUYS

GUYS

DID YOU KNOW THAT QUESTIONABLE CONTENT IS BORING????
[entering normally, through door] Hm. I agree.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Sluggy freelance ending.
It is currently in the 3-year Sluggy Freelance endgame.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

hasn't it been in that for a few years already?

also, has artist said what he's going to do after it ends?
I assume he'll start another comic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Let's all start reading Sluggy Freelance ironically, then get really into it unironically, and appreciate the adventures of Torg, Zoe, Riff, Gwynn, Bun-Bun, Sasha, Kiki, Aylee, and everyone else in this nifty comic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pick posted:

SF was one of my first webcomics and though I don't read it any more, I have a lot of fondness for it.
I posted on the Sluggy fan forums a lot when I was like 13.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

new Starslip stuff
Que?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

"acceptable corporal punishment"

wait what the gently caress
They're cops.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

What do people do, exactly, when they go on hiatus for 3 months around December?
gently caress.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avshalom posted:

you are all a pound of clowns. i have crafted an online work about a nubile piece of flesh and i expect your high regard. it's a feminist tract. her eyes are bright, her lips are pink, her rear end is pert yet dainty... in fact she's me and the comic is autobiographical so it's mostly about grillz shalamov rubbing her red cooch on shop windows and the interesting twinks she meets in prison
Oh, you write Grillz Shalamov and the Interesting Twinks? It's pretty good!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've been saying for years that Sluggy Freelance would become the first legacy webcomic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alaois posted:

"Son, today is a rite of passage. I'm passing down my webcomic to you, as my father did, and his father before him."
In 2193, violent talking animals become popular again and the comic sees a real resurgence.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avshalom posted:

let me tell you about my artistic vision. in the future no human wears clothes... but everything else does. dogs, horses, trees, boulders, telephone poles all wear special knitted garments. cotton is hot property again. slavery makes a comeback but this time it's not along racial lines - the ugly enslave the beautiful. our heroine is a magnificent woman packed full of breasts and she has been a slave all her life, until she sees a shooting star one equinox night and develops the power of ice
I've been practicing 3-D modeling recently and did a quick render of your lead character

Making a comic is hard but don't ever give up! I believe in Felicity Hardnips, Ice Slave!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

psychedelic trash

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Renaissance Robot confirmed for 70-year-old still very concerned about 60s counterculture and acid weed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Renaissance Robot sees a tie-dye t-shirt and quietly locks all the car doors and clutches their purse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

racism defense force
The Blackface Ranger.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It's easy to figure out who sucks by they way they frame that stuff
I recommend a nice cherry wood, oiled but not varnished.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SuperHappy posted:

I wanted to mention this somewhere, and I guess it may as well be here since the subject came up... But while Dominic Deegan certainly was not good, I regret how obsessed I was over hating on it back in the day.

I mean, it was mostly the same sorta thing you'd see in the mock thread, but like all the ranting on other webcomics I did in the past, there was this rather ugly, petty jealousy mixed into it, and while I'm sure it was completely obvious to everyone else, I had utterly convinced myself this wasn't the case.

Looking back, DD really is the webcomic equivalent to those kinds of edgy comics many of us would sketch in our notebooks during Junior High, and honestly, there's something oddly charming about that. It wasn't good, but I can no longer say I don't understand why it caught on the way it did.

Although the orc storyline is still one of the most offensive things I've ever seen :v:
It was webcomics in the 2000s. It was all ugly, petty jealousy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Most people who don't post on SA don't bother to distinguish between the sub-boards that are basically 4chan and the ones that have some standards.

This gets really funny when people from sub-boards that have lots of standards get huffy because people associate them with GBS or whatever.
Nobody likes being associated with GBS.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The continuing mental and moral regression of Willis's world is fascinating at least, especially when it was in such a state of arrested development that it didn't seem like it could regress at all.
I don't think a single sane human being has read anything this man has done in like a decade, what's the story?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avshalom posted:

i hate my webcomic and if anybody says they like it i will book a flight directly to their doorstep and place my bare rear end on their windows. there will be no end to the killing if it ever makes a dollar or a dime
Ah, the John Campbell method.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Twee teens in insufferable love.
"Insufferable Love" isn't my favorite Twee Teens album, but it's still really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only webcomic that should be in the library of congress is Sluggy Freelance.

• Locked thread