Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't really understand what's happening in the current/previous Poppy wrt Friedrich's spells. Can any magic spergs educate me?

Friedrich presumably has an escape teleport set up as a contingency when he needs to get out of dodge. Chickadino disabled that, using his authority as PM.
Friedrich has a much less known teleport spell that brings him his entire armoury, which he's now flinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know if anyone is keeping up with The Property Of Hate but the last couple of pages are pretty great.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ava's Demon confirmed for lesbians

Although dating your maid is a little bit scummy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I can't think of any comics with preteen/teenage gay relationships where the notion of sex or sexual attraction has come up at all. It's definitely been a factor in older, more homophobic generations to see homosexuality as purely an act of taboo carnality, and while I'm not going to accuse you of thinking that way, it might be worth looking at whether that's influenced the way you see this sort of plot point.

When I talk about dating the maid being scummy, I mean in the sense of that story of Trump's children where they tried to set up a lemonade stand like kids do in the cartoons, but they lived in too rich a neighbourhood for there to be any passers-by so he got all his staff to buy lemonade from them instead.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I did a quick search of BSS and couldn't find anything about this one:

http://maliki.com/en/

It's been going since forever, but until a few years ago it was french-only so I had mostly given up on trying to read it. But at some point in time, translations to English started popping up on the site.

* Vaguely pseudo-autobiographic comic.
* Excellent art in large colorful pages. Funny & original characters.
* Mostly standalone strips, no epic story arcs, at least not lately.
* Occasionally devolves into "webcomics about making webcomics", but always with a punchline. Stays away from the tendency to post "here's a strip to announce that I'm signing at X-con next week" like you see all the time in some comics I used to follow.

Don't ask me to summarize anything, though. I still didn't read the old stuff that was french-only, so I couldn't say why the cartoonist has a Chinese kid living with her, or why she has two superpowered alter egos that levitate, etc etc. Just run with it, it's funny and cute.

This looks pretty cute! And I've been looking for an excuse to practice my french.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So... Poppy O'Possum is really coming to a head, huh?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Valiant attempt to take advantage of her blindness though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Doppelganger posted:

Just recently discovered Scurry, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard of it. It's a non-furry story about a community of mice surviving after all the humans have apparently died in the apocalypse. It's kinda Secret of NIMH meets Watership Down.

Wow, this is beautiful. Definitely one to follow!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The question is whether he's sincere about this, or whether he's covering for his monster threatening him. We've seen little enough of their interactions that it could go either way, though if the latter I think his would be the only monster hostile to its host?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

It is probably not the case, but I like to think that the kids silently escaped while the adults were arguing :v:

They were certainly sneaking out a few panels ago.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

KaosMachina posted:

I just caught up on Erma after someone posted a page from it that made me decide to check it out earlier. It's a fun little gag webcomic that goes some fun places with its premise of 'Basically imagine if Calvin was the little girl from The Ring movies'. Reminds me kind of PS 238 with a horror theme instead of a superhero theme, I guess is the best way for me to say that? I haven't even looked at PS 238 in ages, so I dunno if that one held up but I feel this is a good little webcomic for what it is.

This is cute as hell.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

BSS has a whole subforum, we're limited to a few small threads.

Face it folks, we're the weird ones here.

Aren't webcomic threads like half the subforum though? It's not exactly a big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought it referred to film classification. U is Universal, ie all ages.

• Locked thread