Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Grrl Power? Is that the one where there is a character named "Harem" who is several different women, and another is a succubus who reads people's minds to find out their fetishes and shapeshift into them? And you say that creepiness might pop out again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The entire second part of Apothecia fell flat to me. None of it worked. The characters were all stupid, including the protagonist, and their actions made no sense.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
As far as the Foglio's notorious issues with pacing go, this doesn't feel like it has dragged on for months. I guess after Mechanicsburg, nothing ever will.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rand Brittain posted:

And Erfworld has lost its artist again.

Rob Balder should embrace this and deliberately seek to have each book done by a different artist.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

But I like her stories alot.

Her stories alot is the best.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Same thing, Tarvek had been using Van Rijn's notebook for a while now.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

neogeo0823 posted:

The current chapter is a coyote story chapter. The moment the splash page went up for it we went from hundreds of pages of "Anthony Carver did nothing wrong :colbert:" to what will surely shape up to be hundreds of pages of "Literally everything and everyone is Coyote in disguise :colbert:". That thread has become completely filled with stupid, and it's sad to see it do so, because there used to be a lot of good discussion in there.

It has taken a sinister turn! Haha, get it? Sinister? Because he has no right hand? It's a witty pun.

The Gunnerkrigg thread was always about taking a joke and going all :regd08: over it for months. Hey, that guy is Eglamore! Who? It's terrible, like Boxbot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Her words were that " the vital part of [her] that enjoys making comics has been poisoned." You can still see it with the wayback machine.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hybrid is the superior ruleset anyway.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Benagain posted:

Okay, can someone help me remember if Gil's infested with a slaver wasp or not? I know he's mind controlled by his dad but I forget if the whole "you're infested" thing was a lie or the truth.

As far as I remember, there was only one spark wasp made, and it was used on Klaus.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All webcomics with "demon" in their title belong to this thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-6-page-7/
I'm pretty sure the hovertext lies. Mr Quibble has learned, that's why he continues.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RoboCicero posted:

:psyduck: The bad decision train in K6BD does not show any sign of slowing down.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-17/

Allison is doing everything she can to make sure the plot moves forward as fast as possible, she's being smart and clever.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Oblivious posted:

Checking back on Poppy O'Possum after a month of not keeping up is kind of like reaching between the cushions of your couch and pulling out an entire plus size bag of candy. :3:

I am so glad to see this comic updating again.

Hover-text for latest page: "Steamy gossip is pretty much the only reason these two continue to be friends."

:ms:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Some nonsense cutesy scene in Never Satisfied, but I appreciate the bilingual pun (intended or not) in the kitten's name.
Gateau, french for "cake", is phonetically the same as gato or gatto, Spanish/Italian for "cat".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And then the princess dies because coffee is bad for canines.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Elysiume posted:

Can anyone tell what that medicine is? All I can read is "exotropin 15mg [...] Cl take 2x daily" and "ability to dance" in the smaller text. Some cursory googling makes it look like exotropin is a HGH.

The ingredient list is mostly illegible (it ends with sodium glutamate though). The indications:
<illegible> doctor help, find a doctor
<illegible> they are good at that poo poo.
<illegible> take these pills and think you
<...> [dances|chances], you may feel these pills
<illegible> you the ability to dance but it
<...> in fact one of the cruelest lies a
<illegible> pharmaceutical drug can le-
gally tell its customers.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

For a city with a reputation for being the safest in all of Europe ruled by an omnipotent man, Paris comes pretty close to falling a lot.

The city's motto is "fluctuat nec mergitur" so it fits.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Bravo posted:

What is going on with Schlock Mercenary? Did they lose the domain name?

No, just some DNS propagation issue. It should be solved now, so try flushing your cache.

Or you can try http://x.schlockapp.com/ but it's only updated when there's problems with the main site and since the problem is resolved you won't find today's update on it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

Today(?) in Kiwi Blitz, holy poo poo Benzene way to escalate :stonklol:

It's no escalation, the tiger girl is the one from the group that planned to kill the city's whole police dept. I'd pull a gun as well.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Badlix has gone above and beyond for something that isn't even an april fools' day gag.

quote:

Perry takes a walk around Wood World, contemplating a confession he needs to make... (Pog shipping, set to the lyrics of Mad World by the band Donnie Darkco)
"Mad World by the band Donnie Darkco" is just perfect. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

remember the extremely public meltdown he had over Mary Cagle making a mild joke that, naming no names, implied there was something unsavory about his webcomics waifu

It wasn't even saying it was unsavory, it was saying it shouldn't pretend to be what it's obviously not.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pavlov posted:

Ungarfable.

This word is the only good thing to ever come out of goon chat about QC, so thank you.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

anti-magic posted:

Is he still making that godawful VN game?

Has he started making it?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Pintsize's purpose in QC is the same purpose as Choo-Choo Bear in Something Positive or McPedro in Girls With Slingshot. It's the webcomic twist on the wacky talking animal sidekick archetype, and it's offensively obnoxious to any reader older than five, just like every single other wacky talking animal sidekick ever created.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

And He's the kind of crazy perfectionist who creates 3D models of every location in his comic so things stay on model.

And then he uses the renders directly, instead of tracing over them, so his characters end up looking like 2D cardboard cutouts standing in a 3D scene.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

I want it to end if only because I'm committed to seeing it through all the way. The later chapters are fine if you read them all in one go, but god help you if you actually read each page whenif they come out and try to pull together a story from that.

You should have picked something milder, like Sluggy Freelance or General Protection Fault.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Matlock Birthmark posted:

...This is User Friendly. When did he rename it?

Glad to know somethings never change though.

Nope, different comics by different people in different art styles. (I'll be generous and not put scare quotes around art.)

Help Desk is more passive-aggressive, though; look at that "endorsement" sidebar.

Tunicate posted:

Didn't he get in trouble for stealing jokes or something?

I don't think so, I don't remember seeing any joke in User Friendly.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 19, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mimir posted:

You're going to have to be more specific.

I think he's talking about page 1.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The best gag in Oglaf remains this one, it was all downhill from there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nuebot posted:

I know, it's almost like people can't shut up about how good it is in every topic that isn't the KSBD topic.

There is no need to say it in the KSBD topic, everyone here already know it is.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lackadaisy updated, by the way. With actual story pages, even!
http://lackadaisy.foxprints.com/comic.php?comicid=144

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Only letting people access the patron-exclusive pages if they have actually paid for the previous month would be too simple, I suppose.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bongo Bill posted:

I have one. Jonny Crossbones has recently resumed updating after a three years hiatus and is Hergé as gently caress.

The only part that's not aped on Hergé is the design of the character. What's up with that skeleton suit?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pavlov posted:

Because I have been waiting for something like this since Pictures for Sad Children got nuked. Where do I go to submit my own childhood trauma?

The profile says it's for a man in Prague but Bunny Meat is signed with a very feminine Japanese name. What's the deal there?

"Bunny Meat is a tie-in to the graphic novel series Serious Engineering. It is heavily inspired by Nekojiru's Cat Soup comics to the point of being a rip-off."

So my guess is that "Megumi Tomoe" is a fictional author and Bunny Meat is something that is supposed to exist "in-universe" in Serious Engineering. (I haven't read it.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm sorry you got AIDS because of a videogame.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Heaven forbid that webcomics would be posted in the webcomic thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dr McNinja: how serious is the hover text? Because now I want to read that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

What do people do, exactly, when they go on hiatus for 3 months around December?

Eat as much as physically possible, curl up in a ball, and sleep until Spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

Of course they are, I'm pretty sure his publisher didn't survive the golden age.

That'd make them orphan works, not public domain.

If Hanks had the copyright on his characters, since he died in 1976, they'll be public domain in 2046 (70 years after author's death). In case of corporate ownership, since his last work were published in 1941, the copyright will expire merely in 2036 (120 years after creation or 95 years after publication, whichever comes sooner).

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 7, 2016

• Locked thread