Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

For reference, the easiest way to accomplish this would be to include one or more of your favorite galtse edits and/or subnormality comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Just going by memory here: beardo is Doc's grandfather, who sacrificed himself to cast a spell to petrify the ghost wizard. The spell also made everyone forget Doc's name, and will break if he ever tells it to anyone.

Ghost wizard's been petrified a good two or three decades, he's gonna be hella pissed when he shows up.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Actually, since the running theme is that while the body part disappears the monster magically continues fulfilling its role, the owner is probably moving in perfect sync with the monster at all times.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking more of the reverse: monster skillfully maneuvering while the poor human slams into walls all day.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wasn't there a webcomic that ended with the author saying "gently caress it" and just writing out the rest of the story as one big text post?

Could it be you're thinking of the Game Games Bowl?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

God, man, I've still been reading it, but I'm not sure what's even going on at this point. I feel like Dan Shive is a fairly competent writer and artist, but he'd really do better if he wasn't bogged down by all this garbage dating back 14 years ago to when he was in high school and borrowing ideas from Bob and George. Some people really need to learn to kill their darlings.

The worst part is that he knows all that, but keeps trucking on regardless.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

If you have an actual argument, it might be helpful to post it.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

How did we even get onto discussing trigger/content warnings, because yes the comic in question contains one, but what really defines it is the deliberate sabotage of the mood that helps no one.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Redbeard posted:

I sometimes like goodbye to halos. The writing does have some pacing issues, and the art apes Cucumber Quest pretty hard, but I still enjoy it. The art looks like the artist has a great time drawing it, and I find that enthusiasm contagious. I don't read the other webcomic thread, was it as homophobic as I'm imagining, or is that just how the creator percieves criticism?

It's being posted by Bismuth, who is LGBT, so yeah it's the latter.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

When gay nazi centaurs are a genre, anything can be.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Haha. Hahaha. No.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

We'd better loving not be doing that plotline again.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Nah, I think it's more that your gimmick has worn out it's welcome, at least in here. Go back to the other webcomic thread, I'm sure they'll appreciate it more.

It's pretty worn out over there too.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I was scrolling past most of them, so no not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Wasn't it a big disappointment or something? I dunno I gave up on it way before that.

It was as much a disappointment as most of the rest of Act 6 was, compounded by multiple months-long hiatuses, and the promise of an epilogue that is still forthcoming (maybe).

• Locked thread