Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, I think today's Bad Machinery is a great introduction to the tone of the Bobbinsverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nuns with Guns posted:

i'm glad bad machinery is still going.... wasn't John Allison thinking about ending it?

Yeah, he was considering it, but he changed his mind. Which I'm very glad of, because now Charlotte Grote Girl Reporter is a thing that is happening. Also he's been writing an ongoing Giant Days series which is delightful.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I read the Giant Days holiday special today.

It's pretty great, and I recommend it.

I should warn people it does contain Desmond Fishman, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yak of Wrath posted:

http://scarygoround.com/?date=20161027

I see that Charlotte has now fully inherited Shelley Winter's mantle of Manic Pixie Dream Destroyer.

And in a decade or so she can hand it back to Shelley's daughter.

It's the circle of life.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rand Brittain posted:

He is probably concerned about his old age. Everybody should join me on his PayPal subscription thing so that he can one day afford his old people medications!

Everyone should also be buying Giant Days.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Guys, guys!

The next issue of Giant Days is based around a trip to Ikea.

Look at that cover. Look at it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roach Warehouse posted:

Today's Bad Machinery is another sad chapter in a sad subplot.

:smith:

Fingers crossed Esther, Susan and Daisy Go To IKEA can cheer me up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Giant Days IKEA issue lived up to all of my dreams. :allears:

To be fair, I've been listening to the ideal musical accompaniment the whole time, which only adds to the experience.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Holy crap, Chris Sanders is making new Kiskaloo!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nuebot posted:

That's basically all that really keeps me from keeping reading it. I used to read scary go round back when that was still a thing but then my computer died and when I got a new one apparently it had stopped and the guy started something new. Eventually I started reading Bad Machinery and I caught up to the archives there and the guy just decided to put it on hiatus for a while to start another comic. Now he's doing Bad Machinery again? Cool for him I guess, he writes neat stuff. But it gets kind of weird when a webcomic starts taking effort to keep track of to find out whether or not the one I'm reading is actually the webcomic I'm there for, or if the author just wants to do something new out of the blue.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Sure, but it badly needs a main site to amalgamate everything, with an archive detailing which chapters of what come in which order. It's not fantastically complicated, but the various series have gone on long enough and have enough interconnection between the cast that getting a handle on it all is a lot of work with basically no assistance from the author whatsoever.
You mean like this?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

An unexpected cameo in today's Kiskaloo.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's becoming fairly obvious who the mystery individual is who keeps dropping off clues to help Lottie investigate the mystery of the Tackleford Chamber of Commerce.

Desmond Fishman

Oh, GOD, NO!

It's gotta be Shauna, right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The gang is coming back together in Bad Machinery! :3:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm digging Amy's Rogue Antiquitarian outfit in Bad Machinery.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Scaramouche posted:

CONTINUITY ERROR: In ScaryGoRound 11/29/16 Shauna is shown with entire pants, yet it is clearly shown in the previous day's comic when Lottie is applying styptic or whatever the dumb british call it that her pants' knees have been tragically torn. (smugly satisfied, mucousy inhaling noise, perhaps interspersed with chewing)

Clearly Lottie had a spare set of trousers in Shauna's size for exactly this occasion. A journalist is always prepared.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Can we keep the Team Skull kids around as part of the cast, please? :allears:

In Tackleford news: seems like onomatopoeic pointing is part of the Mystery Girl power set.

Also Kiskaloo continues to be weird and amusing. I guess I should explain what it is rather than just dumping links every update. The elevator pitch is basically 'Calvin and Hobbes, except it's about a little girl and her one-eyed cat and sequential and it's also written/drawn by Chris Sanders (the Lilo & Stitch guy).' I guess throwing out links to stuff in the middle of a dream sequence might be confusing to people. Anyway, this will be the last time I bring it up unless someone else does first.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

Erin Winters is in hell Shauna, that's where she is, and I hope you feel bad for running her down.

There are reader favorite Tackleverse characters who aren't Desmond Fishman?

Well there's Esther (although I don't think we'll ever see her in Bad Machinery outside of flashbacks until Giant Days ends). Everyone should read Giant Days.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. :ohdear:

Please don't freeze to death in Iceland, Erin & the Boy!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

readingatwork posted:

I've been out of the SGR game for a while. It would seem things got weird in my absence. :stare:

If you were ever in the SGR game, things getting weird should be a given. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I've just realised something. Assuming they don't get eaten by wendigos and get back to Tackleford, Erin and The Boy are back at school age. Which means they'll be contemporaries (maybe a year or two above in age) of the Mystery Teens. So I think we might see Erin vs. Mildred.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Still surprisingly relevant.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Captain Oblivious posted:

I really appreciate that off-brand goblin Santa Claus is mindful of the margin of error when it comes to statistically determined Goodness.

Also d'awww :3:

Let's face it, odds are good that they'll just get sent back to Hell because they didn't specify where 'home' is. but right now it is :kimchi:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

A mysterious backyard in Tackleford is probably a step up from Hell but you can never be too sure.

Gotta be Shelley's, right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mildred Havisham has realised she made an error.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tommy Binks: Making Tackleford Great Again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You haven't lived until you've survived the Magic Roundabout.

I survived the Magic Roundabout and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is it me or has Shauna somehow raided Esther De Groot's wardrobe in this flashback? That outfit seems oddly familiar.

I wonder if this means she wound up buying a bunch of Esther's clothes when she sold them off in Giant Days?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 12, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins.Horse has returned!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Allison himself also provides a comprehensive explanation of how the whole thing fits together.

Including Bobbins.Horse in particular.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's definitely the latter. I think that's part of why Bobbins.Horse exists - because he wants to revisit what was a good premise and characters and do them justice.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh dear, is Allison considering cancelling Bad Machinery again or does he just mean we're near the end of the storyline? :ohdear:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh nooooo! (to Bad Machinery ending. The Further Adventures of Shelley Winters - as well as possibly Erin & The Boy - sounds delightful.)

Also careful, Lottie. Remember what happened the last time your mum dated a guy working in sewage management?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RIP The Wendlefield Mystery Kids.

Also don't channel Trump, Shauna, you're better than that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dammit, Jack, you had one job!

Well, technically two.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Today's Bad Machinery doesn't bode well for Lottie. :ohdear:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZearothK posted:

Something like that, maybe this time he will be satisfied with the ending.

My take on Shelley is that the wrong Winters sister was sent to hell.

I wonder if the Boy will try to go back to his old job after being declared dead and buried.

Also being a teen again. Erin's pretty much the same height as Lottie, by the looks of things.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

He'll get a crush on Lottie next, and then the circle will be complete.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I like how after her mum shoots down dating another sewerman, Lottie turns around to hook him up with Shelley.

Also it's about time something good happened to Mike.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZearothK posted:

That certainly sounds like John Allison intends to do a time skip like the one between Scary-Go-Round and Bad Machinery, but hey, Shauna and Lottie have made peace!

I miss Hugo, I wonder if John Allison retired him because he was tired of writing the guy's particular vernacular.

Mind you, the Mystery Teens are apparently 15 now, so that kind of lines up with how old Esther, Erin and The Boy were when they made their debut in Scary Go Round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

So Desmond Fishman enters politics what could possibly go wrong?

Still an improvement over our current government.

• Locked thread