Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Awesome OP. That's a lot of work just for something to poo poo on in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stealth is a stretch goal.

Next stretch goal is character customization.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Orv posted:

Not seeing how that's a bad thing.

It shouldn't have been a stretch goal at all and just be a part of the game. Stretch goals should be cool poo poo that adds to a game not poo poo they purposely hold back.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Orv posted:

By what standards?

I added more but, huh?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Orv posted:

I think we're talking from different angles here. I'm saying there's no reason an MMO has to have stealth, which was my misread of what you said. My answer to what you're really saying is that during the KS they were adamant about stealth being not planned for the scope of the game with what they were asking and what they were expecting to get. Even now without a ton more money only the camo system will be in for launch. I get what you're saying, but they've been pretty upright about the whole thing.

Yeah, we definitely are then. I haven't been keeping up with this game since there are only 24 hours in a day and about 30 billion Kickstarted Early Release MMO games out there. It's cool that the devs are being upfront about everything and want to add meaningful stealth. From what you said here and what Kims posted it looks cool but if history is an indication for these crowdfunded games then it's all talk to get more money but all stealth will be is an extra button to make you see-through.

Kimsemus posted:

Every MMO should be treated with healthy skepticism and with bullshit detectors fully powered.

This should be the required title for every game here nowadays.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Evernoob posted:

I backed this for 110$ 3 years ago, and I don't care if it takes them 3 more years to deliver as long as they test everything well and deliver enough content to survive much longer than the 30-60 days modern MMO's usually survive without seeing a vast playerbase drop.

People need to realize this is probably our very last chance to ever experience true RvR, with the bonus addition of being able to craft/build our realm like we want it to be (and try to defend it from others).

This being a PvP game at its core is also very important, because balancing a game for both PvP and PVE is something that has never been done successfully before and practically impossible.

You registered here 3 years ago. Are you a J4G for a non-existent guild in a non-existent game?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

2DCAT posted:

Witch Hunter tore my heart out. Such a cool class design... completely worthless in PvP. I loved them so much I wanted to make a sword/pistol thief in gw2, but alas that combo sucked there too :(

The concept of Witch Hunter is my favorite MMO class. The actual playing of one, not so much.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

A Tartan Tory posted:

Can we at least be the weird druid people instead of the Arthurian knockoffs? :smith:

Since they have this race:

Silverhands

The Silverhands have a long tradition of tremendous sacrifice. When they come of age, each member of this race gives up their right arm as a sign of dedication to the Realm.

I say yes.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All people who are a member of the Something Awful forums are required to be in the same guild at all times. Actually wanting to do your own thing is expressly prohibited.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How much funbux did Archeage with the $150 preorder pack? Whatever it is that is how much you owe me the tax certs I had to buy to place all those plots on launch for you fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'll play a video game if its a good video game

You're in the wrong forum.

• Locked thread