Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kimsemus posted:

Not yet, and no single goon patriot has stepped up to lead the official effort.

It's a brave fool who wants to wrangle cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Eonwe posted:

my guess is that hy_c was making a joke

You mean I edited this homoerotic phrase into my profile for nothing? Dang.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Erev posted:

Everyone is going Vikings. gently caress that.

Thank god.

If any of you fuckers want to be any other faction we are raiding you to kingdom come forever. No goon truces. Vikings or bust.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

what did I just say :mad:

ah whatever I'll be a Valkyrie six years from now or whenever this is actually playable

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Goddamn if awful app stop sucking

Eonwe posted:

i cant wait for the inevitable goon schism on launch for this game ala planetside

I will act like goon players of other factions murdered my family by existing, of course

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

ArcheAge is only the most recent and most hilarious example.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Fact: Lowtax's young daughters are already EVE tycoons as is required of them

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Fauxtool posted:

I say make many guilds with varied goals and rules and have them under a blanket goon alliance. Every individual guild is responsible for moderating themselves. If something comes up and it isnt fixed then you kick the whole guild from the alliance. The members can choose to apply to a different goon guild and be accepted or not.

Make the account with the alliance head owned by someone who doesnt even play the game and he shares the login info with nobody. All he does is login and kick/invite guilds once a week or so.

This is a good idea which is why it will probably never work.

In all seriousness, the sheer number of races in this game is kind of weird and I'm wondering how this is going to work logistically with armor and textures and all that.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

The goon cautious optimism is slowly building.

Sort of like this game, but that is totally okay.

Just enough time for my heart to heal from the last MMO shitfest.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Pavlov posted:

2 questions:

Are the Tuatha as awsome in this game as they were in irish mythology? Cus I really liked those dudes.

Can we play as the Hiberian National Liberation Army?

I would love it if the Tuatha were as metal as they are in mythology, but they'll probably make them fruity for a broader appeal and/or to have a pretty option. If they're making Arthurians dark I don't see the Norse folk being the pretty option.

As for your second question: if they don't gently caress it up, hell yeah let's bomb some carriages.

(They're gonna gently caress it up)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Abbot and their dual morning stars is looking pretty tempting.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

On second thought I'm gonna be a Viking after all. Arthurian's got too many fetish races.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

So are they going to mirror these classes so each faction's flavor of whatever basically works the same, or what?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

Every class works differently, within a set of "rules". While aesthetically interesting, I feel like it's going to be very, very hard to balance properly.

Well, gently caress.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Flavor of the week OP was Warhammer.

Here we go again.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Nothing is a worthy investment, you fool. MMOs are not investments, they're money sinks.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ozkar posted:

"Investment: an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result."

Didn't mean to use a word that some of you only memorized in the finance/economic sense. But I can rephrase, Warrior 2.0 sounds like a decent way to throw my money away in the name of nostalgia.

Although, while I was never dedicated to the cause, I do recall making a pretty penny when I sold a few in-game items, and eventually sold my account. Before e-Bay started enforcing Intellectual e-property rights, MMO's most certainly were a worthy investment.

:frogout:

Ozkar posted:

Throwing away money isn't justified by default in a pay-to-post forum? Apologies. I just love me some DAOC, didn't mean to break my lurking streak so terribly. By all means, continue to dry hump my use of the word investment.

:fuckoff:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Also why the gently caress would you call a class morrigan

They're running out of widely known mythological references already. I mean they could start tapping into the stuff that mostly has consonants (if Welsh) or vowels (if Celtic) for names, but that'd be hard for nerds to scream over voice chat.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Orv posted:

Currently, and as always this is subject to change, especially since right now they're totally non-functional, you have to take 5 worth of both banes and boons at minimum when making a character. They come in 1, 3 and 5 point flavors from the pre-alpha stuff that's left in there, and I imagine that at least will stay similar. You won't have to chose specific ones though.

That's kinda neat at least. I just hope it doesn't there doesn't end up being a standard min/max strategy where everybody chooses the same crap for minimal drawbacks and maximum gains like in a drat World of Darkness game.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We can only hope.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wanna heal people with the power of rock. :rock:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Dear Mr. Jacobs,
I will hand-deliver smashburger to your offices for a month if you somehow make the large scale-PVP in this game good.
v/r,
2dcat

Them's some high apple pie in the sky hopes, my friend.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

None of those words mean anything to me.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Pavlov posted:

You're thinking of crowfall.

Until they shut it down at least.

I haven't even looked at their forums in months. How's that merry go round?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Orv posted:

About what you'd expect; so far up its own rear end it's legally a midget.

I'll be waiting for that distant popping sound for when it finally goes so far it winks out of existence.

The "buy more addons!" emails i keep getting make me wonder how much longer.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Pavlov posted:

Hal tends to view things through the lens of the Illuminati because he is one of them.

He wasn't at the last meeting if so.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Xae posted:

You have to keep up your detected sense of hipster irony. You see, if you only enjoy things ironically you can never be wrong. Because if it was good you enjoyed it, if it was bad your enjoyment was ironic.

If you ever unironically enjoy something or look forward to something you are literally Hitler.

I tried to make a flow chart for this but it just went up your rear end. Weird.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Tempus Thales posted:

I run infrastructure on games because its a fun aspect for me. The services we have to communicate with the goons were always rock solid. Either way there is no need to drag drama from another game into this one, so kindly lets keep with the current OP Topic

tia

you ask that like it's not gonna follow you around like a cartoon stink cloud regardless

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I appreciate the play by play of how desperate that dude is to be in charge and... Ouya.

Ew.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

All new mmos will probably crash and burn

we're all just idiots

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The race to see who actually gets what they paid for.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

It's been so long I forgot what faction goons are supposed to one day be playing.

Though really I think we should wait, see which way the pubbie wind blows, and then pick the one that'll enrage them best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wanna be a Viking 10 years from now.

• Locked thread