Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich
View Results

• Locked thread
Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

I want everyone to imagine, if you will, how Donald Trump would deal with Putin.

Putin is going to do what Putin wants. It doesn't matter who is president.

In all fairness Trump would do at least as good as Bush "I looked into the man's eyes" and Obama "Let's go to Staples and buy the easy button and write 'reset' on it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Darth Windu posted:

what kind of nerd says 'xanax bars" lmao

Don't know what you kids call them nowadays, but everyone called them xanax bars or xanny bars in the Philly area circa 98-03.

Harrow posted:

As a native Ohioan, it kind of scared me to see Kasich be the most human, relatable, sane person on that stage last night. I still disagree with the majority of his positions, and maybe it was just by contrast, but I just couldn't bring myself to dislike the guy.

Of course, his Medicaid expansion and gay wedding attendance mean he will never, ever get the nomination.

I really hope Kasich gets a bump in the polls after last night. For all the bullshit pandering of "Jesus Christ's blood saved me now kill the poors and waterboard our enemies" up there, Kasich was the only one who dared espouse a Christian policy of taking care of the least well-off. Trump did too I suppose, but his motivations are...different.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Acelerion posted:

Man nothing is more cringe worthy to me than those fake rear end questions about god. It's reason number 1 I could never be in debate like that. Megans last question would have me rolling my eyes so hard they'd fall out onto the floor.

It's like Ted Cruz turned into goddamned Joel Osteen for 30 seconds, and I don't see how anyone on this planet could feel a shred of sincerity in those answers.

Hearing god talk to you is a leading indicator of needing counseling, and most of America eats that poo poo up.

If you took a drink every time Chris Christie said bless, you could single-handedly empty a bottle of Jim Beam.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

I want everyone to imagine, if you will, how Donald Trump would deal with Putin.

Compare gold-plated fixtures in their respective palaces and get drunk and go hunting for poon?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Putin is going to do what Putin wants. It doesn't matter who is president.

In all fairness Trump would do at least as good as Bush "I looked into the man's eyes" and Obama "Let's go to Staples and buy the easy button and write 'reset' on it"

Putin does what Putin wants, but generally our presidents during his reign have at least tried to stay diplomatic. Trump doesn't seem to actually know what the word "diplomacy" means and thinks that it's okay to antagonize and insult people to their face as long as you think you're right.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
All I got...

JayhawkCSC has issued a correction as of 17:11 on Aug 7, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Leathal posted:

Don't know what you kids call them nowadays, but everyone called them xanax bars or xanny bars in the Philly area circa 98-03.

I really hope Kasich gets a bump in the polls after last night. For all the bullshit pandering of "Jesus Christ's blood saved me now kill the poors and waterboard our enemies" up there, Kasich was the only one who dared espouse a Christian policy of taking care of the least well-off. Trump did too I suppose, but his motivations are...different.

Yeah, Kasich was the winner from my viewpoint, with Rubio a close second, but i m a human being so I can't predict what Republican primary voters will prefer.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

cheesetriangles posted:

I have no idea how anyone saw anything positive about Carson. Even his jokes were kinda flat.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite part of the debate was watching Walker making sexy-eyes at Carson.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

JayhawkCSC posted:

All I got...

John "My Father Was A Mailman" Kaisch

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
OK, is there a full video capture of this anywhere? Missed like the first 2/3 of it.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Is there an audio only stream of this debate?

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

David Foster Wallace movie ad? I guess they know they've got the ironic hipster audience

Donald Trump is almost JGFC.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Walker nodding in agreement with Carson calming fears of RoHaWa.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Uhhhhhg so hung over this morning.

Yelling at the TV sure was fun.

I was really hoping Trump was going to pull out his checkbook on stage during the I gave these guys money comment.

Also I really want to punch Ted Cruz in his big stupid face.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm enthused and scared of Trump at the same time. Hoping he turns out and runs as a third party which will calm all doubt.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm enthused and scared of Trump at the same time. Hoping he turns out and runs as a third party which will calm all doubt.

don't be afraid and embrace the fire that will engulf us all

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cheesetriangles posted:

I have no idea how anyone saw anything positive about Carson. Even his jokes were kinda flat.

because carson is "one of the good ones" and he was able to hide his awful social poo poo pretty well except for the "i would legalize torture" dog whistle. plus making the tax system into some imperium of man tithe system.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Don't fear the reaper, we'll be able to fly

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

It's not too late for her to get promoted to Latest Trumpwife

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm a little sad that the Democratic debates aren't going to be anywhere near as entertaining as Trump. I really hope Diamond Joe runs just to make things entertaining because that guy is a pretty dang good orator.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Pumroy posted:

We all deserve it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because carson is "one of the good ones" and he was able to hide his awful social poo poo pretty well except for the "i would legalize torture" dog whistle. plus making the tax system into some imperium of man tithe system.

"Strength through Unity. Unity through Faith"

Republican Party 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Would

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

JayhawkCSC posted:

All I got...

Ben Carson 2016: Make Tithing Cool Again

Chris Christie 2016: Safety, Security, Justice, Peace

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I'm a little sad that the Democratic debates aren't going to be anywhere near as entertaining as Trump. I really hope Diamond Joe runs just to make things entertaining because that guy is a pretty dang good orator.

Bernie will hopefully ask Clinton direct questions to her face....

A man can dream can't he? :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
On the bright side, since the Democratic debate will basically only feature Clinton, Bernie, O'Malley, maybe Biden if he runs, Chaffee and Webb, candidates will get plenty of face time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Alter Ego posted:

Chris Christie 2016: Safety, Security, Justice, 9/11
ftfy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nonsense posted:

THE VIGILANTE Leonardo Theodore Cruz

Conversing with the senator from Kentucky.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
John Kasich proves a seemingly absurd talking point to true: Christians are a minority, and are oppressed (by the Republican party).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JayhawkCSC posted:

All I got...

Kasich: "Jesus taught me to expand Medicare and love gay people."

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Gotta respect Kasich for answering the question about hating gay people with "Actually, I just got back from my gay friend's gay wedding."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Voyager I posted:

Gotta respect Kasich for answering the question about hating gay people with "Actually, I just got back from my gay friend's gay wedding."

Better than answering a question with "You know why the current president isn't good at what you asked about?" or opening with "Actually let's talk about the last question you asked instead."

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
In all the excitement last night I forgot that Ted Cruz pledged to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, presumably to hasten the End Times

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
C-SPAN has callers: http://www.c-span.org/video/?327456-2/washington-journal-news-headlines-viewer-calls

A lot of old people talking about Demmycrets it's pretty lol

ass cobra has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Aug 7, 2015

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Iowa Snow King posted:

In all the excitement last night I forgot that Ted Cruz pledged to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, presumably to hasten the End Times

At that point, all that would be left to do is light the candles and draw the pentagrams.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Iowa Snow King posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot that too. The gently caress was that about?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

alpha_destroy posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot that too. The gently caress was that about?

it's his childish way of telling Palestine all of Jerusalem belongs to Israel forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it's his childish way of telling Palestine all of Jerusalem belongs to Israel forever

He's also never going to do this, because on the off chance the American people choose a wet fart to waft over the Oval Office, he will be immediately inundated with State and Defense Department personnel telling him what a stupid, stupid idea that is, and he'll be forced to back down, much like every President before him.

• Locked thread