Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich
View Results

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

There's a discomfiting feeling in knowing that twenty-four hours from now I will not be able to walk or make coherent speech

edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Aliquid posted:

There's a discomfiting feeling in knowing that twenty-four hours from now I will not be able to walk or make coherent speech

edit

and you'll still have 70 more minutes of debate!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Aliquid posted:

edit

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. 1 water after every drink. Ibuprofen right before you go to bed. Do all this and you will never have a hangover.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The Donald will crush his opposition with his classy arguments and confident delivery befitting a man worth 20 billion dollars (citation needed).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
what kind of drinks will you guys be having during this

I am debating between shcwartzhog or some rum

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

milk my friends

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/us/fox-news-moderators-look-for-ways-to-keep-10-candidates-on-their-toes.html posted:

To keep the debate on schedule, the Fox team was also discussing a possible alternative to the usual gentle ding sound that signals that a candidate’s time has expired: the actual shot clock buzzer used during Cleveland Cavaliers basketball games, which are played at the same arena.

“You could make it about synergy in that arena: Use the very same buzzer that LeBron James hears on the court when the shot clock runs out,” said Mr. Baier, who had come up with the idea over dinner Tuesday night at a local bistro. (“I was inspired,” he said with a smile, “by a beer.”)

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I've been inspired by beer to many ideas, and that beats them all

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hahaha

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i stand with rand

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I'll be driving through Indiana during the debate tomorrow. Is there an Indianapolis radio station that will be carrying the audio?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

They're going to get loving shot clock violation buzzered. Incredible.

And Donald Trump is going to destroy this thing. He can say anything he wants, and the rest of them have to either agree with him or tiptoe around him for fear of alienating 25% of the Republican block. "Standing up to him" isn't going to do poo poo but backfire, either.

I can't wait.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Goldschlager - the classiest, most luxurious, most sophisticated drink there is.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Beer this time. I'm afraid that drinking anything heavier under these circumstances could result in death

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Gonna need some serious snack suggestions to go along with this showcase showdown. I've got popcorn, but I'm seriously tempted to throw some meatballs into a crockpot or pickup some nachos. What's the best debate watching food at 9PM?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Elaborate cuisine based on candidate personas, or a cheese plate.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

sweet potatoes or nuts

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

changing my answer to rice crackers and hummice

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mo_Steel posted:

Gonna need some serious snack suggestions to go along with this showcase showdown. I've got popcorn, but I'm seriously tempted to throw some meatballs into a crockpot or pickup some nachos. What's the best debate watching food at 9PM?

The UFC gameday threads list the "MMA Snack Rating" of the event. For this first debate, I think a crock pot full of bland meatballs (and one really huge one) is the most appropos choice. For a drink, anything owned offshore by InBev, having had its original plant closed down and restarted in an At-will state. So, like, Rolling Rock.

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
I have been getting sloshed with goons during presidential debates since 2004 and I gotta say, I am going to miss it this cycle. I'm going to be stuck working for all of them :(

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Three Olives posted:

Can liberals please, please, please stop concern trolling the way the debate selection was handled? I totally understand that it is basically arbitrarly punishing candidates and theoretically punishing candidates for their lack of media savvy or a chance to resonate with uninformed voters but there is no cream here to rise to the top.

I get it, as liberals we are supposed to be aggrieved that the one female candidate is being locked out of the debate basically arbitrarly but come on, loving Carly Fiorina? Let's be honest, the only reason we are disappointed that people are being locked out is not them getting in is inform primary voters more, it just makes the whole thing more ridiculous.

as a radical republican i am aggrieved that the entire arena isn't gassed.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

blue squares posted:

Who are you talking to?

Himself.

I'll be drinking beer and watching the loser's bracket at home, but I'm heading to my home bar for the main event. Should be fun. I'm printing out a bunch of bingo sheets and inviting my friends.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am so loving pumped for this debate.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

baw posted:

thank you so much for this. now i just have to convince myself that it's ok to get sloshed at 9am

It's ok man. I get shithoused at 7am all the time. I mean I work overnights, so that's the middle of my day but still.

Anyway, loving :getin:

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Me and a friend are taping it and watching it on the weekend with large alcohol quantities.
I have to decide whether to go internet silent till then.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

gently caress me, my job requires me to miss the first hour of this.

Grandpa, where were you during the Trump Presidential Debate? Were you shoveling poo poo in West Virginia? Or were you drinking yourself to death?

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

I have taken Friday off with my boss' full knowledge and blessing. I have rum, bourbon, and cognac. I am prepared. Bring on... TRUMPERDOME! :getin:

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

TLM3101 posted:

I have taken Friday off with my boss' full knowledge and blessing. I have rum, bourbon, and cognac. I am prepared. Bring on... TRUMPERDOME! :getin:

Bourbon is the correct, and all american answer.

Everything else is bullshit.*

*Patriotic Alcoholic's opinion

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Today is going to be a good day.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I got myself a bottle of wild turkey and some fine, Washington grown weed.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

todays the day guys.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
REmember, be careful tonight

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

baw posted:

thank you so much for this. now i just have to convince myself that it's ok to get sloshed at 9am

If the fact that there is a non-zero chance of Donald freaking Trump being president of the united states isn't enough justification to get wrecked then I don't know what is.

EDIT: In other weird coincidences, today is the anniversary of the US dropping Nukes on Japan. :stonk:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

OniPanda posted:

It's ok man. I get shithoused at 7am all the time. I mean I work overnights, so that's the middle of my day but still.

Anyway, loving :getin:

my french friend will be watching and drinking with me so now i just have to pray to allah that the stream holds up

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

kelvron posted:

Himself.

What does James O Incandenza have to do with anything?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

"only drink when the candidates say something reasonable"

well then dont drink at all ~

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

blue squares posted:

Who are you talking to?

Sorry, it was just a general commentary about the media/pundits covering the leadup to the trainwreck.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Pretty sure I'm going to need to come up with some excuse to skip out on work for this. It would be like missing the moon landing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

z0glin Warchief posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to need to come up with some excuse to skip out on work for this. It would be like missing the moon landing or something.

It's not actually a historic first, as America entered the parody timeline several years ago. This is just the first official parody debate

• Locked thread