Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Problem description: The Saitek X52 Pro's drivers are not working properly on my Windows 7 machine; I can't successfully bind buttons to the keyboard.

Attempted fixes: Per this how-to page, I have disabled driver signatures. I have also followed the instructions from this Reddit thread, attempting to uninstall absolutely everything Saitek and start over. I have not yet tried installing an older version of the Smart Technology software, partly because I'm uncertain it's a good idea but mostly because it's midnight and I need to sleep.

Recent changes: Does buying the X52 count? :v:

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).

System specs: Dell Inspiron 660, with the terabyte drive made a secondary drive (replaced by an 100-gig SSD) and an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card added.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Okay, the older version of the software got it working. I guess if anyone else is having the problem, this is how to fix it!

• Locked thread