Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Let me start by saying that the joke that every homophobic public figure is secretly gay is itself kinda homophobic.

But I'm worried it's actually true in Lindsey Graham's case. Should we arrange a blind date with a Log Cabin Republican or something? He was just so sad during that debate. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
His whole life's a lie.

He's seeing it through to the end.

Being gay or not is...his choice.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lindsey Graham's ghost for 2020

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

EugeneJ posted:

His whole life's a lie.

He's seeing it through to the end.

Being gay or not is...his choice.

drat :smith:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
He just needs someone to hug and he'll stop wanting to destroy 1/4th of the planet

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

angerbeet posted:

He just needs someone to hug and he'll stop wanting to destroy 1/4th of the planet

Uh excuse you, he definitely intends to destroy way more than just all Muslims. :colbert:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
they gave him a lil box to stand on

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I remember when I called my mom to talk about her future, and she was like "In my day, we didn't get divorced."

And no amount of pleading or bargaining or reasoning would get her to take a single step to improve her lovely unhappy life. The worst part was that I could hear the TV in the background, and I knew my dad was on the couch, and I knew she wasn't even trying to lower her voice during the call. Rather than sell their enormous house after the kids left, they just split into separate bedrooms and have several 'guest' bedrooms (you know, for the family that never visits and never will).

After a certain point, old republicans do just give up and submit to their lovely hateful lives. It's not even life after that, really, it's a slow death. And they become hateful, spiteful monsters perfectly willing to burn the world down around them for the perceived wrongs they have suffered at their own hands.

So what I'm saying is that I guess I can empathize with the very gay republican Lindsey Graham.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Maybe Dan Savage needs to tell him It Gets Better :unsmith:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

He basically seemed like he was on the verge of tears the entire time during the debate today

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

That is why you hear Republicans complaining that gay marriage threatens traditional marriage. Because being happy with someone you actually love, and to shackled to some horrible person you can barely tolerate because "that is how it is", actually is an insult to the heartache and tears that they spent trying to make thier horrible loveless marriage work.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Four years ago I was saying "Please, for the love of Christ, let Romney get the GOP nomination because any of these other assholes will ruin us forever."

This year I'm just hoping that Chris Christie doesn't have a heart attack and maybe that he starts working out a little for health reasons - at least he's not completely insane.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
People said the same thing about Charlie Crist so Charlie married the heiress of the whoopee cushion fortune who lived on the opposite end of the coastline. Not suspect at all.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I thought Graham was about a breath away from suddenly coming out of the closet on national television before an audience that would have crucified him for it. The despair was palpable -- there must have been a small voice inside him, getting louder and louder.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When I was 21, my mom died. When I was 22, my dad died. We owned a liquor store, restaurant, bar and we lived in the back. Every penny we needed from -- every penny we got from Social Security, because my sister was a minor, we needed. Today, I'm 60, I'm not married, I don't have any kids. I would give up some Social Security to save a system that Americans are going to depend on now and in the future.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
just... can't we just... bomb some a-rabs... that's all this country needs... just gotta bomb some more... :smith:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Wanamingo posted:

When I was 21, my mom died. When I was 22, my dad died. We owned a liquor store, restaurant, bar and we lived in the back. Every penny we needed from -- every penny we got from Social Security, because my sister was a minor, we needed. Today, I'm 60, I'm not married, I don't have any kids. I would give up some Social Security to save a system that Americans are going to depend on now and in the future.

he sounded like he was on the brink of breaking down saying that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
has anyone seen him post-debate? he was originally supposed to go the losers dinner with Santorum but didn't show :ohdear:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

has anyone seen him post-debate? he was originally supposed to go the losers dinner with Santorum but didn't show :ohdear:

I think we know where Hillary's press rope went

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Can't help but feel like all these candidates pointing out their parents all the time are taking a jab at poor ol' Lindsey.

No wonder he wants everybody to die in Iraq.

:smith:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Santorum found out Graham likes santorum

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
lindsay has alot of rage because he was named after a girl while living in south caroline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Log Jammin' Republican

• Locked thread