Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Instant Grat posted:

Quick question, would you guys prefer a single ~45 minutes update to close out this recording, or two shorter videos?

Longer for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Salmiak is Finnish or maybe Swedish to me.
Danish candy is Haribo.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Great Joe posted:

Salmiak and anise is Finnish (like Fazer), Swedes kinda pride themselves on their gelatine traditions, so that's Haribo to me. When I think of Danish sweets, I think delicatessen goods. Flaky crusts, spoonfuls of cinnamon, caramelised sugar and glazing.

For Sweden I first think of milk chocolate. And also the gelatine stuff. Honestly I can't really think of a candy I associate with Denmark, the Haribo thing is because the stuff we bought when little usually had Danish text before the Swedish on the package so it is a very loose association.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Translating gratäng, (Swedish, from the French gratin,) is drat annoying. It is kind of a bake, but not really, and it is really annoying for a language nerd like me.
Wikipedia translates it as Gratin but most brits and I assume US and Aussie people don't even know the word.

...tangential rant over. Sorry.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Åh nej, svenska gömställen!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
The film is indeed Bring it On. My best friend was obsessed with it when we were about 14, so I have seen it a myriad times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I'm on disability so you guessed correctly, I do have way too much free time!
Thank you for this... thing. It sure was a game. I think.
Also, what I got from that weird void scene where the characters all spoke to you is that pollution is bad and we should stop supporting the small group of people perpetuating it because WE STILL HAVE TIME!

• Locked thread