Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We need 5 more to start the MFL25 I setup. For those not familiar with MFL25's, it's currently best ball and draft only. There's no in season management, trades, free agency, or setting lineups. Think of it as a mock draft with $25 on the line. It's not live drafting, you have 8 hours to make a pick. As you get closer to the start of the season they reduce that to 4 and stop the timer at night, but for now it counts continuously. You can input an overall ranking list or input a series of players you want to select with a given pick. Hopefully if there's enough interest. They generally take 1-2 weeks to finish. This one has been a little slow to gather the 12 players but I assume as we get closer to the start of the season more people will show up. I'd love to fill the remaining 5 spots before the season start, I'd much rather play with goons even if the level of skill is likely higher.

The website is mfl10s.com. Once you sign up and deposit $25, look on the mfl10s.com main page and click on the red "Join a league you've been given a password for" link. It's down near the bottom of the right hand column. Enter: WHB2005 as the password. Boom, you're in.

The website is slightly infuriating. Most importantly, to draft someone you go to My Team Page, the second bullet is Make a Draft or Pre-Draft Pick. I normally import a ranking list so that if I do miss out on a pick it gives me someone halfway decent. The default ADP can be pretty bizarre on the site. If you timeout on 2 picks in a row it moves you to autodraft, so make sure you consistently input a pick or set a pre-draft pick if you've missed 2.

I encourage the participants to post their pick and logic, especially for the first 4-5 rounds. I want to be clear that due to the buy in I have no special commissioner powers. I can't change picks if you messed up, facilitate trades or change anything about the scoring at all. As a high level summary, it's PPR with 2 RB's, 3 WR's and a flex position. There is no kicker position, just defense.

Resources: I strongly encourage you to listen to the Ross Tucker and Evan Silva's Fantasy Feast podcast from July 8th with Jason Phelps of Draftsharks. He is a very experienced programmer who's taken the last 2 years of data for every MFL league and done some fascinating analysis. It provides some great rules of thumb as to when to take certain positions and how many to take for each. When I listen to it again I want to take notes, so I'll post the cliff notes here eventually. I haven't seen any MFL specific rankings, but you do need to do some thinking as to how the best ball setup changes the relative value of certain players. For example, whack-a-mole players become more valuable, as you don't need to worry about consistency.

(I copied this writeup from the last league I was in... I'm lazy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bump. Anyone interested?

• Locked thread