Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Daedra posted:

Luckily tarbrush's strategy of starting the entire miami offense against me this week appears to be backfiring

Live by the sword...

I like the rest of my line-up in fairness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Welp, literally going to get beaten by Drew Brees :(

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Even with dropping the rest of my FA budget (which surely I won't possibly come to regret), I'm more than a little surprised I ended up with Williams.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Lock posted:

Even with dropping the rest of my FA budget (which surely I won't possibly come to regret), I'm more than a little surprised I ended up with Williams.

poo poo, did I put a bid in in this league? Goddammit

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I swear to god, every year in this league I end up with Dexter McCluster on my team for a good chunk of the year. I'd like to think it speaks to my optimism regarding that WR, RB position and his unique ability to be a contributor to whatever team he's on, but I'm pretty sure it just means I'm dumb.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Dab Nation lost Bell, and Palmer is on a bye. He is mortal.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

tarbrush posted:

poo poo, did I put a bid in in this league? Goddammit

The curse of the multi-league player. Though having said that, in my friends' league with mostly semi-serious players, I got him there too with third priority.

It was a good day.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Lock posted:

The curse of the multi-league player. Though having said that, in my friends' league with mostly semi-serious players, I got him there too with third priority.

It was a good day.

I'm in 2 leagues and I'm 2-5 in both of them :(

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
So if we have another league next year, is there is changes in scoring anyone would want next year? I just had the big play bonuses in because that's how they were last year.

Also you are the most unlucky motherfucker alive Diet Crack.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I really like the big play stuff. Nothing massive that I can think of.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Can everyone please observe a gentlemanly agreement and not take Travis Kelce, for some stupid loving reason ESPN dropped both my tight ends when I only selected Heath Miller to drop.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diet Crack posted:

Can everyone please observe a gentlemanly agreement and not take Travis Kelce, for some stupid loving reason ESPN dropped both my tight ends when I only selected Heath Miller to drop.

But my TEs suuuuuuck :(

Sure

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Diet Crack posted:

If it was an accident and dropping Kelce would be I can just add him back to your team.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
And he's back.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thanks.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

I like how chill this group is.

I can't think of any scoring changes off the top of my head, things seems pretty good right now.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Twice now this weekend I've won a fantasy game in the last minutes of my last player's game.

I love Charmander West

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Yoshifan823 posted:

Twice now this weekend I've won a fantasy game in the last minutes of my last player's game.

I love Charmander West

I'm less keen :(

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

If you were hoping to pick up Amendola off the ww, well...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Congrats if you made the playoffs.

It's a shame that we will be crushed by Dab Nation in the finals anyway!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Got in too big a hole to start with :(

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I loving hate the Miami Dolphins.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Yoshifan823 posted:

I loving hate the Miami Dolphins.

I am a Dolphins fan and could not agree more.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tarbrush posted:

I am a Dolphins fan and could not agree more.

Seriously, if they hadn't forgotten that Lamar Miller is a human who is pretty good at playing running back, I'd be marching into the loving finals with the game I'm having today. Instead I"m in the lame consolations getting 5th place at best.

gently caress The Miami Dolphins Forever And Ever Amen

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Daedra posted:

It's a shame that we will be crushed by Dab Nation in the finals anyway!
Antonio Brown picked a perfect week to go HAM :argh:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Well I just did some checking up on paypal since I knew it was short anyway. I should have checked on it more thoroughly in the year. We had 8 people pay up this year with four bums. I'll foot the bill for the dirtbags since I was running the league, but it looks like tiptoes that is Dirt McGirt in the league is going to win by default since DabNation is on the bum list.

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 26, 2015

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
What? I'm not Dirt McGirt.

I'll take the money, but I'm pretty sure I'm the Balls team and missed the playoffs?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Whoops, I meant to post Tiptoes. :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Aw :(

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.

Daedra posted:

Well I just did some checking up on paypal since I knew it was short anyway. I should have checked on it more thoroughly in the year. We had 8 people pay up this year with four bums. I'll foot the bill for the dirtbags since I was running the league, but it looks like tiptoes that is Dirt McGirt in the league is going to win by default since DabNation is on the bum list.

I am not on the bums list am I? I seem to remember sending the money, and think I have a paypal receipt I can dig up, but don't see my name as paid in the OP. If I somehow got missed please let me know. I don't want the label as bum for future years in the league.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

MrDoDo posted:

I am not on the bums list am I? I seem to remember sending the money, and think I have a paypal receipt I can dig up, but don't see my name as paid in the OP. If I somehow got missed please let me know. I don't want the label as bum for future years in the league.

No, you paid dawg.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Congrats to Tiptoes for winning because Dab Nation can't pay his dues. Titpoes gets first place @ 80% at $144. I'm feeling generous and giving Dab Nation second place @ $21. Second place was 20% which would have been $36, but Dab isn't getting his buy in money since he didn't pay. That $15 is given to Bonham being the 3rd place guy that actually paid as well (atleast you got your buy in back). I don't feel like I should have had to baby sit people on paying up since we're all adults, but those are the breaks and I covered what others didn't put it. I won't shame the other guys that didn't pay, but don't ask to join next year.

Paypals have been sent.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Well that's about the best I could have hoped for my Romo Dez Jeremy Hill team

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Thanks for running the league Daedra, will be signing up again next year if you still want to run it.

Dolphins centric team did about as well as Cowboy centric team :(

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Thanks for the league Daedra, I'll join next season as well!

Edit: should have posted my team in the thread, I was Crossfit All Stars.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Sorry if my last post sounded angry folks. I was a bit drunk when I made it. Good year goons and hopefully since since payouts were made I can keep it going next year. See you all around the end of summer for overpriced bums that become second string or injured!

tastethehappy
Sep 11, 2008

What part of highly classified do you not understand?
Is this league going again?

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

Just PM'd last years organizer about this as well. Would volunteer to try to organize if we don't have someone.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
I'm in if this league goes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

Looks like last years organizer is too busy this year, so I created another thread to keep track of interest for this year.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786233

• Locked thread