Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

atma you do great things with possibly the worst material gbs could give you, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Excelzior posted:

>New Game+

also :five:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Excelzior posted:

>New Game+

also :five:

Good poo poo atma

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

atma you do great things with possibly the worst material gbs could give you, thank you

god bless him :patriot:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
>Show Unearned Achievements:ovr:.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
Someone was asking for a list of other adventures. I went ahead and got data on them as well since length was mentioned.

In chronological order:

-----------------------

the adventures of satan - Rating: 4.92 | 283 votes. Replies: 1,901. Views: 269,862

First act: 68 scenes. Second act: 54 scenes. Third act: 111 scenes.

Total scenes: 233

hey, it's bob - Rating: 4.9 | 306 votes Replies: 1,677. Views: 221,300

Total scenes: 90

endtimes.exe - Rating: 4.84 | 273 votes Replies: 2,117. Views: 245,914

Total scenes: 118

MH370.exe - Rating: 4.77 | 182 votes Replies: 1,182. Views: 191,567

Total scenes: 43

Let's Play Bendyman: The Eight Pages - Rating: 4.93 | 290 votes Replies: 981. Views: 134,111

Total scenes: 69

IS.exe - Rating: 4.88 | 331 votes Replies: 2,448. Views: 350,984

Total scenes: 70

1848.exe - Rating: 4.55 | 131 votes Replies: 1,282. Views: 80,685

Total scenes: 63

------------------------------

With this one, I was expecting a lot more "wandering randomly around the ice." I imagined it being mostly about survival. This is why I included the cold meter. I imagined some creative ways players might think to stay warm, possibly involving piss. Then you'd have to deal with finding food, etc.

Anyway, none of it happened and it progressed much more linearly than I expected. It never goes as planned, so whatever. Maybe it wasn't the most interesting scenario to present to people. To me it was, and that's important. I have to really want to do these. Would like to have seen more survival commands, though.

Here is my lovely patreon for lovely adventures. No donating necessary to play. Thanks to everyone who donated - it's really cool.

Thanks for playing.

Atma fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 25, 2015

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:golfclap:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

ill always have a soft spot for caro ex machina and the flesh/weed golem coitus

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

That was a good loving game :buddy:

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

TEAYCHES posted:

Thanks. I think it's important to truly have it be open world, meaning all commands work. I've thought of implementing special voting rules each time, but each time I decide against it. I just let what happens, happen.

Finding the story from all the commands is probably the hardest part.

This one took a while to get going. It was meant to be very open ended, but I guess when people see things they think they need to go there.

We never had to go in any of the boats or tents, etc. It could have ended some other way.

Anyway, I had fun.

edit: Would also like to add I don't think it's all bad material. A lot of accepted commands make me laugh, and an even larger number never get the highest vote.

Atma fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 25, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Atma posted:

Here is my lovely patreon for lovely adventures. No donating necessary to play. Thanks to everyone who donated - it's really cool.

Thanks for playing.

iirc when you first launched a goon gave three hundo, did he ever request a scenario?

edit: also this is the real link your post had a bad one

https://www.patreon.com/Atmaz?ty=h

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 25, 2015

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thump! posted:

That was a good loving game :buddy:

Agreed. Thanks for the fun times!

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Jagchosis posted:

iirc when you first launched a goon gave three hundo, did he ever request a scenario?

edit: also this is the real link your post had a bad one

https://www.patreon.com/Atmaz?ty=h

Whoops, thanks.

We talked at length and in the end they did not really care if their scenario was used or not, they were just being generous.

I did end up taking that tier down because I realized how much I value having control over that part of these things. It had nothing to do with the donator - I just realized I wouldn't be happy with someone else setting the scene.

Luckily they are good people and it didn't matter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Atma posted:

Whoops, thanks.

We talked at length and in the end they did not really care if their scenario was used or not, they were just being generous.

I did end up taking that tier down because I realized how much I value having control over that part of these things. It had nothing to do with the donator - I just realized I wouldn't be happy with someone else setting the scene.

Luckily they are good people and it didn't matter.

Out of curiosity did burning the ship down affect much? Just wondering if there was a ship interior set ready to go or something.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity did burning the ship down affect much? Just wondering if there was a ship interior set ready to go or something.

Yep, I started working on the inside of the boat scene and didn't finish it. Then the next day the vote was different, so I threw it all away.

Here is what it might have been like:

Also:

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Given that this is the Franklin expedition, and there's a reference to dead seals, maybe we're up against Sedna? We should definitely get other deities involved.

I don't know how this poo poo is so obvious to some people.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Those handprints :stare:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

>cast enlarge satan and then stone cold stunner gwar while jacking off

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TEAYCHES posted:

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

NecroMonster posted:

>cast enlarge satan and then stone cold stunner gwar while jacking off

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy poo poo atma you're the best

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
gently caress bernie

Atma 2016

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lmao

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

:love:

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

new profile pic?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You're the best Atma. I wish we went into the boat and went to war with those seals.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The flapping legs is the best part of the stunner and it has made me laugh every time.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

<3

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Atma posted:

Dragonball Zzz

lol

So help me I always love these threads to death, even after the 5,000th suggestion to build a Goku. Thanks Atma.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

> conquer

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Thanks Atma, it was a good run.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
That was the best possible ending. :thumbsup:

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Thanks for another great thread Atma

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
gg

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

lol

So help me I always love these threads to death, even after the 5,000th suggestion to build a Goku. Thanks Atma.

There's only one way to prevent it

>Start the next CYOA AS Goku

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
You should put the next thread in the Game Room. It'd cut out the gokuw, wrassling and piss and poo poo (to a point) but up the sperging out.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Outrail posted:

You should put the next thread in the Game Room. It'd cut out the gokuw, wrassling and piss and poo poo (to a point) but up the sperging out.

I thought about that.

I dunno though, too much sperging might be boring.

Sometimes you need to sprinkle a little piss and poo poo into things to keep it interesting.

I don't read that forum so I have no idea what the posters are like - but my only fear would be boredom.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Regalingualius posted:

There's only one way to prevent it

>Start the next CYOA AS Goku

>build goku
>fuse with goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

don't listen to this guy. GBS may have its faults (Goku, cuck, being a bunch of internet sickos) but its a fun place with a lot of smart posters. also there's be nothing worse than a CYOA that stuck to a script, might as well just go write a book or draw a webcomic or something.

• Locked thread