Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Browser Outlook is good, and if it didn't have the deal-breaking issue of opening different mailboxes in a new browser tab (even when you save it as an app, you click another mailbox and it opens it in Edge instead) then I'd have saved it as an app and switched to it already. Reworking it as a dedicated app should be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Intel CPUs aren't bad as such, but they got lazy and AMD blew past them with Ryzen. Like for any given Intel CPU, you can get a Ryzen of similar performance with better power consumption and definitely for cheaper.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Which program, out of interest? If you can't be rid of it then don't you want it to notify you when something happens that needs your attention?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

I'll answer half your question, since you asked; no

It's okay if you want to play MMOs all day and not get bugged by work software, we aren't going to tell on you, I promise.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's a time honored tradition to encourage people to turn off Windows security features.

New thread title please.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can you not just turn the hotspot on and off in the pull-down menu like on Android? It takes like three seconds. I can't think of any reason I'd want hotspot turned on by default in the home, or even most of the time outside the home.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Plex server. One season of Friends is 600gb. It adds up.

I'm also a hoarder of console game roms and isos.

I assume that's a typo and you meant 6gb, because it would take some serious effort to make a standard definition series fill 600gb.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

MikusR posted:

All 10 seasons remuxed from blurays is 600gb

Ah, that makes more sense, 600gb for one season would be madness.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been meaning to make time to do the same thing; I'd much rather have the convenience of digital and streaming from a server, but since buying digital actually just means renting until your library vanishes some day in the future, I've been buying on Blu-ray then ripping to my harddrive instead.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I use FreeFileSync, old as hell but works just fine.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't seem to be able to stream to my TV from Vanced, but I don't know if that's because it's an Android TV and knows that something's up.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like Edge, some of the newer features like vertical tabs and tab grouping are a life saver when you have a ton of tabs open, plus I like being able to pin certain websites like Twitch and YouTube as desktop apps so I'm not having to hunt for a specific window or browser tab when I've got a bunch of stuff open on multiple monitors. That's also handy if you have a tablet, as you get the benefit of a standalone app but you can also use extensions, including ad block.

You can also set Edge as your password manager on Android for both websites and apps, so instead of having your credentials stored with both Google and Microsoft you can just pick one and stick with it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fn+Esc usually toggles between which key functions are the default, try that first.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You could also just try installing 11, it should be a quick reg key change to let it install on unsupported devices:

Shaocaholica posted:

Lol latest build works on on a 17 year old dual core netburst. Machine originally shipped with XP.

The interface is generally snappier than 10 on less powerful devices, and you can always roll back from an upgrade install if it doesn't work.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Consider using S Mode, assuming she doesn't have a need for anything outside the Store. Otherwise, a basic user account with remote support enabled as mentioned above is probably your best bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Thread title strikes again.