Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
15 players out of 82 made it to the 200 point club. Their names will live on in song in the halls of Elysium.

This is not their story. The following payers fell just short of 200, missing by 5 or fewer points. The Ricardo Lockette award goes to:

Yoshifan823
GNU Order
Burginator
chicheviche
Phoebeste
AKMoose

One special player missed the 200 club by one single point. The Scott Norwood award goes to

Gandalf21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
*sigh* I sucked this year. I got so many #2 answers but I didn't get but like, one #1. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

15 players out of 82 made it to the 200 point club. Their names will live on in song in the halls of Elysium.

This is not their story. The following payers fell just short of 200, missing by 5 or fewer points. The Ricardo Lockette award goes to:

Yoshifan823
GNU Order
Burginator
chicheviche
Phoebeste
AKMoose

One special player missed the 200 club by one single point. The Scott Norwood award goes to

Gandalf21

This is what I get for not watching The League, apparently.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

t14. Shakezula with 200 pts
t14. notable dom x with 200 pts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

13. Athanatos with 201 pts

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

swickles posted:

Ted Wells or some other investogator will be sent off to invesitage this team this year?

Bengals - 2 points
Eifert Posting Bengals, for winning a Wild Card game

Eifert is the winner of this whole thing in my book. Funniest answer I've ever seen in one of these.

Plus the whole "keeping score" thing means he could cook the books and no one would know! :tinfoil:.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

My full answer was The Bears to investigate Jay Cutler betting against them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

12. Freaquency with 203 pts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^^
I looked for a really long time to find a more pouty Seahawks fan with a 12 jersey. Surprisingly tough.

11. Burger Trench with 205 pts.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 20, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

10. old dog child with 207 pts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

9. Gopher Flats with 207 pts.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^^^^
I looked for a really long time to find a more pouty Seahawks fan with a 12 jersey. Surprisingly tough.

I got you:

(thanks for keeping score btw)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

8. Gritty Beard with 210 pts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

7. MrLogan with 211 pts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

6. Ehud with 215 pts.

Top 5 are Rogue Elephant, Jprime, kettleWL, Cavauro and big jesus.

Next are #5 and #4 together.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Thanks for running this, it was neat! Still a little annoyed my answers didn't get included, though :mad:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

5. Jprime with 225 pts

4. KettleWL with 226 pts.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 20, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eifert Posting posted:

6. Ehud with 215 pts.

Top 5 are Rogue Elephant, Jprime, kettleWL, Cavauro and big jesus.

Next are #5 and #4 together.

jay cutler owns

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

t2. big jesus with 229 pts.

t2. Cavauro with 229 pts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I should have said food instead of hot dogs, that hot dog thing was in full force a few years ago and not so much recently, and I'm just really mad at myself for choking this one away and I'm just very frustrated right now with the way things have gone and are going in general and I mean I know it doesn't matter but this could have really gotten my name out there and I don't really think it's weird for somebody to shed a couple of tears in this situation so it's not gonna bother me if anyone chooses to pick on me for wearing my heart on my sleeve and well I know you win some and you lose some but you just go out there and give it your all with every post and maybe sometimes it'll work out in the end and other times you fall short and think about the what ifs and that's just about where we are so I've gotta pick myself up and say the magic words that everyone knows which is we just scratch on day to day with nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets and all we are waiting for is something worth waiting for but there's always next year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eifert Posting posted:

10. old dog child with 207 pts.

I'll gladly accept 10th place. That's playoff caliber!!

Cavauro posted:

I should have said food instead of hot dogs, that hot dog thing was in full force a few years ago and not so much recently, and I'm just really mad at myself for choking this one away and I'm just very frustrated right now with the way things have gone and are going in general and I mean I know it doesn't matter but this could have really gotten my name out there and I don't really think it's weird for somebody to shed a couple of tears in this situation so it's not gonna bother me if anyone chooses to pick on me for wearing my heart on my sleeve and well I know you win some and you lose some but you just go out there and give it your all with every post and maybe sometimes it'll work out in the end and other times you fall short and think about the what ifs and that's just about where we are so I've gotta pick myself up and say the magic words that everyone knows which is we just scratch on day to day with nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets and all we are waiting for is something worth waiting for but there's always next year

yes

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I would like to thank swickles for running this, Eifert Posting for doing maths, and Johnny walker red and I think Miller light for my answers.

Cavauro posted:

Same

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

1. Rogue Elephant with 238 pts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cavauro posted:

Are you ok?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Huh guess I fit in pretty well. Now all I gotta do is get featured in the draw play

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

still peeved about ping pong

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In case you were wondering a perfect score would be 286.

Rogue Elephant really deserved it. Not only does he win it all, he wins it all on an ace with my pick for funniest answer of the contest: "Chiefs for Eric Berry buying stem cells from Planned Parenthood to treat his cancer."

SWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
First time I've actually tried at one of these and not had any black sheep, top 10 is decent enough I guess.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Alaois posted:

still peeved about ping pong

That's the question that sunk me. I was halfway with you with beer pong

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Eifert Posting posted:

8. Gritty Beard with 210 pts.

Thank you for this

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Black sheep:

76 / / / / Thaddius the Large
67 / / / / GeneX
51 / / / / Magicpants
37 / / / / Wall Balls (Should probably get the award because the next two were clearly trying)
19 / / / / R.D. Mangles
15 / / / / Eifert Posting (Should have been 13. I was robbed)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fenrir posted:

You said "physical activity and you counted loving video games :ughh:

:ughh:

I think my answer there was Wii Sports.

Thanks Swickles and Eifert for the game and the counting!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Thank you for this

drat it I didn't even notice at first :argh:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Eifert Posting posted:

5. Jprime with 225 pts

Before his whole DUI thing I think I would have been ok w/ :mcnabb: on the Cards instead of Lindley.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Thank you for running this, thanks for impromptu scorekeeper, thanks to people sending poo poo in.

Always enjoy this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also special award goes to notable dom x for the absolute worst formatting of an email I have ever seen. Like, its pratty difficult to make an e-mail come through like this:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

lmao

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

at least i broke 100 :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I sent an email and didn't get included :(

• Locked thread