Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Have you considered not going to Hawaii if you don't like the ocean or the beach...? I mean seriously, what the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's a huge waste of time and money to go to Hawaii if you are going to spend one day at the beach (your words). like Rocko said, Costa Rica is really awesome- I'm actually going there in a few weeks for a surf trip. Rainforest hikes, cloud forest, so much to do.

you honestly sound like someone who knows of Hawaii as a stereotypically nice place to honeymoon so you just kinda went for it, which I would not recommend. Try to figure out what you want to do, and THEN figure out the best place to do it, not the other way around.

Beyond that I'm kind of confused because you don't seem to specifically want to do much. You want to go to the beach, but only for a day. You want to do water activities, but only the lightest varieties. You want to hike, but just started hiking.

First- why do you want a tropical destination? I see nothing in your post that explains why you would want that, and honestly, tropical destinations are hot and humid. That's fine if you're there to do tropical things, but may I suggest the mid-latitudes if you're just going somewhere to hike a bit and chill?

Banff would be a great option, it's one of my favorite places in the world, great food, best hiking ever, ritzy accomodations like the Fairmont Banff Springs... and B+Bs in Canada are usually extremely chill and excellent in my experience.

I/We are happy to help but we need information about what you ACTUALLY want to do if you could go anywhere, not the things that you would kind of enjoy if you had to go to Hawaii.

• Locked thread