Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan

BeepBoopBatman posted:

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was hoping to get a bit of advice! My partner and I are headed to Oahu for a brief six day trip in June and we were wondering whether or not renting a car is worth it. Our hotel is in Waikiki right on the beach, and we mostly intend to be lazy and mostly just do beach-y things anyway, but if we decided to venture inward are taxis/public transportation fine? We'd also like to do some kind of wildlife viewing, like go birdwatching or go snorkeling to see dolphins/rays... any recommendations? Thanks!

Uber is pretty popular in downtown Honolulu/Waikiki. Then there is the public bus for cheap travel all over the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
If anyone is planning on going to Haleakala, you have to make a reservation here:

https://www.nps.gov/hale/planyourvisit/permitsandreservations.htm

This just started this month, not a lot of people know about this.

• Locked thread