Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STOPpre
Jun 15, 2009

TheEye posted:

Hey guys. My wedding is next month, and with all the ceremony and reception planning craziness, we haven't had a chance to actually book/plan the honeymoon yet. We want to leave a couple days after the wedding and spend 10 days in Hawaii (effectively 8 days to do stuff since the first and last would mostly be travel). Neither of us have been there before, so we could really use some help figuring out how many/which island(s) to visit, where to stay, how to get around, etc.

Since I'm in the same position, but with plenty more time to plan a trip I don't feel like starting a parallel thread, I hope everyone can continue their recommendations:

Planning a two week Honeymoon for the back-half of September in Hawaii (any weather concerns?). Plan is to do three Islands; The Big Island, Maui and Kauai.
Probably going to try to squeeze the USS Arizona in either the day we land or the day we depart, otherwise I have no desire to stay on Oahu.

Can I hear some recommendations as to how some of you with experience would split their time between these three islands, and what their top picks are for each?

-The wifey-to-be and I are both swimmers, so snorkeling and beach lounging is high on the list.
- I have a huge desire to go to Volcano Nat'l Park
- The road to Hana has also been conveyed as a must do. (how crowded does this get? And would doing it in an old 356 Porsche Speedster make it more fun?)

Beyond this I don't have much in terms of ideas, so I appreciate all the suggestions you may have. Budget is decently high for the trip, so recommend anything short of "hire a private helicopter every day and tell him to take you everywhere." Thanks Goons!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STOPpre
Jun 15, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Locked thread