Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
If you like tropical but not all that interested in water activities I would recommend costa rica. Its way more interesting than Hawaii, they have a volcano and more national parks than you can visit. The wildlife, flora and fauna beats hawaii hands down. We stayed at "si como no" http://www.sicomono.com/ in manuel antonio and "Villa Blanca cloud forest and spa" just north of San Ramon. http://www.villablanca-costarica.com/ Both places were amazing.

We rented a car and just traveled around the country stopping where we wanted. It was easy and fun. The water is drinkable, the people are friendly, the roads are smooth and well maintained. You don't need to rent a 4x4 a compact car would be adequate.

r0ck0 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
If you are set on going to hawaii I would recommend the big island as it is the biggest, the least crowded and probably cheapest. When I first went to maui it was much smaller than I expected, when I went to the big island it was what I imaged maui to be like. Also its the only island with active volcanoes if you want to see lava. Much more to see on land as there is more of it and more variety in the types of micro climates. They still have farms, coffee and macadamia nut plantations and they have a state run aquaculture facility which was interesting to see. We stayed on the kona coast and made a couple trips around the island.

• Locked thread