Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Don't listen to all of these idiots who think that you need to love the beach to enjoy being in Hawaii. The big island alone has 11 out of 13 climate zones and theres more than enough things to see and more than enough environments to enjoy that you don't need to care about the beach.

In my mind, your biggest question is whether you want to have a semi ritzy affair, or whether you want something a little slower and more down to earth. This is probably the biggest question that will effect where you want to book and what Island you want to be on. Even on the more popular islands, there are multiple opportunities to have either or.

I would recommend the big Island, simply because I think it has the most stuff to actually go and see, even though it may not have the most entertainment. There's volcanoes, there's more than enough hikes, there's the southernmost point in the United States... There's more than I could see in ten years, you'll have more than enough for 10 days.

Volcano National Park, of course. There's been activity in the last year so you'll probably see gas vents if not lava in the caldera.

The Mona loa observatory has weekly telescope viewing sessions at its visitor center.

South point is on of the most beautiful places I've ever been, and if your lucky you'll get to watch some kids cliff jumping.

Rainbow and Akaka falls on the East side are both gorgeous.

I always have more enthusiasm at the beginning of the phone post them to ever finish out strong. But seriously, the big Island is amazing and I always recommend people to people that they should see it at some point in their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread