Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I've been listening to Francesa on WFAN for a while...and I'm in so deep that I actually sing along when Joe and Evan sub for him during the summer doldrums.

Like sing along to the theme song at full volume in all my off-pitch couldn't hold a note to save my life, glory. Luckily I'm usually in the car traveling between sites or coming back from lunch when it happens.

Also, Scott Ferrall sounds like one of the Budweiser frogs got throat cancer and then a radio gig. I can take about 2 minutes of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

swickles posted:

Yeah, the damning stat here is that when you chart interceptable balls (not actual interceptions, but the adjusted rate) Cousin's throws one every 11 passes while Griffin does every 24. Griffin has become ultra-conservative mostly in part as to how the franchise and coaching staff has treated him, that is his biggest knock. Its not a small one either and depending on the person could be a career ender.

RG3 fumbles the ball way more and can't protect himself. Am I the only guy paying attention?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Parlett316 posted:

RG3 fumbles the ball way more and can't protect himself. Am I the only guy paying attention?

I'd like to see an RG3 that doesn't feel the need to get lit up play a couple games. You're absolutely right that he can't protect himself. He's got the talent to succeed, he just needs to make some serious changes to his game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dattserberg posted:

I'd like to see an RG3 that doesn't feel the need to get lit up play a couple games. You're absolutely right that he can't protect himself. He's got the talent to succeed, he just needs to make some serious changes to his game.

He is still young he could do it, though his fumbling doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Definitely not worse than kirks pics.Why you would cut lose a young player you only played for effectively two seasons is a real headscratcher. I mean if you had someone to replace him sure, but they don't.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is still young he could do it, though his fumbling doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Definitely not worse than kirks pics.Why you would cut lose a young player you only played for effectively two seasons is a real headscratcher. I mean if you had someone to replace him sure, but they don't.

Oh yeah, I don't think he's beyond repair or anything. I do think that the environment in Washington is far too toxic for him at this point. Probably a good time for a break for both parties.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

CharlestheHammer posted:

Other first round quarterbacks didn't get the chance after chance Robert has got in DC. His progression as a drop back QB has been minimal, he can't operate in the pocket, his footwork is at a high school level, he believes he can outrun everyone still but cannot. He locks onto receivers or just takes off with open guys everywhere. Put him in the RO and he might be special again but he doesn't want that. The same line that got killed after the Detroit game looked pretty decent against Baltimore I wonder why that is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They played better, I would assume. Which isn't hard, they were awful against the lions. Also no rg3 did not get more then enough chances. Kirk apparently is getting more. For some reason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ross Angeles posted:

West coast b1tch :cool:

Also, here are some of the things confirmed for the SVP show:

One Big Thing — the trademark essay from Van Pelt’s radio program
Bad Beats — games that had a unique resonance in Las Vegas
Best Available Video — the fun, extraordinary images of the day
Best Thing I Saw Today — Van Pelt’s nightly pick of the signature moment/topic
Oh, No! — a kinder, gentler, and shorter version of the SportsCenter “Not Top 10,” presented with empathy
West Coast Bias — a feature designed to serve fans who watch at 9 p.m. PT, at times including 1 a.m. SportsCenter anchors Neil Everett and Stan Verrett.
Where in the World Isn’t SVP? — Tweets from fans who see lookalikes of Van Pelt at places around the world

This looks pretty good...I might actually have to watch ESPN again.

Also that last thing is basically the best thing about following him on twitter so I hope he doesn't stop retweeting them.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Good poo poo happened on Valenti and Foster when a station employee brought flowers from a wedding to woo a female employee.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/show/va...of-desperation/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did anyone catch PFT Commenter on air with Mike Florio today?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
I like Rome the best, Cowherd used to be ok. Mike and Mike is loving awful. SVP and Russillo was good. I hardly get to listen to the GOOD shows (ROME) because I work 7 to 5.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
For anyone who cares, the first SVP Sportscenter is tonight after the VT/OSU game.

Get hype

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Ross Angeles posted:

For anyone who cares, the first SVP Sportscenter is tonight after the VT/OSU game.

Get hype

I don't quite understand why it's a big deal. SVP has done sportscenter before. Is this somehow different? will he be wearing a dress or something? I've watched SVP do sportscenter at least 100 times.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Darkpriest667 posted:

I don't quite understand why it's a big deal. SVP has done sportscenter before. Is this somehow different? will he be wearing a dress or something? I've watched SVP do sportscenter at least 100 times.

It's not "Normal sportscenter with SVP as host", it's "Sportscenter as imagined by SVP". He has total creative control and will bring in a lot of elements from his radio show. One Big Thing, bigger focus on gambling and Vegas, etc etc.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Good poo poo happened on Valenti and Foster when a station employee brought flowers from a wedding to woo a female employee.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/show/va...of-desperation/

Dan Leach is helping to drive the Tigers and Wings to another station, after he bought a prostitute on the air and bragged about it during a postgame show.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Ross Angeles posted:

It's not "Normal sportscenter with SVP as host", it's "Sportscenter as imagined by SVP". He has total creative control and will bring in a lot of elements from his radio show. One Big Thing, bigger focus on gambling and Vegas, etc etc.

Oh great, they're loving up sportscenter. Why didn't they just give him a TV show like everyone else. God I hope there is a normal sportscenter option so I can watch the highlights before bed.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This is sort of like a casual Sportscenter, but not really, but it's not really like SportsNation either, because he's in a full suit and tie and by himself. This comes across as directionless, which is too bad because SVP is pretty cool.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Darkpriest667 posted:

Oh great, they're loving up sportscenter. Why didn't they just give him a TV show like everyone else. God I hope there is a normal sportscenter option so I can watch the highlights before bed.

It's just the midnight sportscenter on week nights

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just watched it. It was real good and you people have bad opinions.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

SVP owns. Dan Patrick owns. The One Big Thing owned.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Benne posted:

Its like one dude who prefers power rankings and what its like to have your hand in the dirt. Pretty sure the consensus is people are excited for this show.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lt. Chips posted:

So Olin Kreutz and Big Cat Williams are replacing Doug and OB for Bears post game. I honestly dont know what to think. I dont recall ever having heard either on the radio before, but nothing will be able to replace Doug and OBs pure post game rage. Though Big Cat does have one of the most linemany voice I have heard.

Im shocked that Pat Mannelly is not involved in the post game show. I figured that would be a no brainer.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of Mannelly during his stint with Matt Spiegel. And last season was the perfect opportunity for a former Bear to show his :rant: prowess (especially one that knew what things were like internally).

EDIT: Pat needed Fuckin' Matt Spiegel to call out Dan Berstein when he went peak :smug: on him. He seems like a nice enough person, but Mannelly is not the voice we'll need for the suckage that's about to commence.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 8, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today is the first day of Dan Lebatard in the 10-1 slot.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
It wasn't awful. What was awful was the amount of loving commercials they ran. (really milking the cow weren't they) SVP is a good SC host. I did like Olbermann's show. I think it would be grand if they brought Olbermann and Patrick back to do Sportscenter. Overall it's watchable and i get most of the highlights. Since Scott is a golf guy expect about 50000 highlights from golf in the future. If they'd cut the interviews (which I imagine over time they will) and just give me sportscenter with SVP I'll be happy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's also the first day of Colin Cowherd's new show on Fox if you like to get irrationally angry at radio

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Ehud posted:

Today is the first day of Dan Lebatard in the 10-1 slot.

And he starts the show with "I love Dominicans"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kill Dozed posted:

Lebatard owns.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Kill Dozed posted:

That is really funny

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Please get better, Lebatard

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Israel Gutierrez came out a few days ago. He wrote a little bit on previously being closeted and how his life has changed since meeting his fiancee: http://t.co/my3Svpv7Az

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

Please get better, Lebatard

He got better. That interview with D Smith was good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ross Angeles posted:

He got better. That interview with D Smith was good

Lebatard is probably one of the best interviewers in Sports.

His Highly Questionable Interviews are almost always gold.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dexo posted:

Lebatard is probably one of the best interviewers in Sports.

His Highly Questionable Interviews are almost always gold.

Yeah I think I'm bring unnecessarily harsh. The one time I heard him filling in for Mike and Mike, he spent the entire show complaining about how early it was

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm gonna listen to Cowherd's new show so you all don't have to

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Lebatard is already better than anything cowherd has done in this time slot. Is highly questionable done? Cos I am going to be pissed that was the best show espn has.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

Lebatard is already better than anything cowherd has done in this time slot. Is highly questionable done? Cos I am going to be pissed that was the best show espn has.

Think they're back today. Also, sometime in October, they're going to have someone fill in for Papi. The only thing that seems certain to kill this show any time in the near future is either a lack of Papi or lack of suitable alternative.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Think they're back today. Also, sometime in October, they're going to have someone fill in for Papi. The only thing that seems certain to kill this show any time in the near future is either a lack of Papi or lack of suitable alternative.

Eh, just take the show off the air if Papi isn't going to be on.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Lebatard is good, but I like Bomanti Jones a lot better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross I think over time you will like Lebatard more and more. He always makes it a point to ask good questions and really tries to make his guests answer thoughtfully and not give throwaway answers.

Tomorrow is Ron McGill, which is always a favorite segment of mine. Animals own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

Ross I think over time you will like Lebatard more and more. He always makes it a point to ask good questions and really tries to make his guests answer thoughtfully and not give throwaway answers.

Tomorrow is Ron McGill, which is always a favorite segment of mine. Animals own.

Plus things like "ALL DOMINICANS WELCOME!!!"