Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kill Dozed posted:

And he starts the show with "I love Dominicans"

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Ehud posted:

Ross I think over time you will like Lebatard more and more. He always makes it a point to ask good questions and really tries to make his guests answer thoughtfully and not give throwaway answers.

Tomorrow is Ron McGill, which is always a favorite segment of mine. Animals own.

Ron McGill is hilarious... because someone will start out like an animal question and they always inevitably try to get him to answer a sports question as a running gag for at least the last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kill Dozed posted:

And he starts the show with "I love Dominicans"

Am I missing a joke

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ross Angeles posted:

Am I missing a joke

That's what got Cowherd canned. He said something like no Dominicans are smart because their universities are bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ross Angeles posted:

Am I missing a joke

Cowherd said something about how all Dominican baseball players are dumb and uneducated, which is what finally made ESPN shitcan him.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I like SVP and believe that he does a very good job. Come at me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I like SVP and believe that he does a very good job. Come at me.

Yes

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Dan Lebatard's radio show is great and I am sad it's not on at a time i'm in my car anymore. I can't wait to see white middle aged dudes from the midwest reaction to him in the morning it's going to be loving stupendous.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SVP made Kurkjian laugh on Sportscenter last night. It's everything I wanted.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Thankfully, I have Sirius, so I get my options with ESPN or NFL radio.

However, for the local option here in Buffalo, we get 550 WGR. Starring Schopp & Bulldog for the drive home, or Rome from 12-3 (I think?)

The day Brady was reinstated, S&B were giving some BS about "Ohhhh, well we're fine with it. We'd rather play their best guys and lose a close one than beat out their backups." Which was followed by call after call of people calling them morons and reminding everyone about the whole 'No Playoffs Since '99' thing.

They're alright I guess :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

#Bears to honor the memories of Doug Buffone & Mike Pyle via video tribute about 15 minutes before start of Sunday’s game at Soldier Field.

How appropriate of the Bears to Honor Doug Buffone right before they get blown the gently caress out by the Packers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ESPNDari: Nice of @ColinCowherd to diss @ESPNU, who gave him a TV platform 3 hours every day. Yep, those fine folks sure deserve that. #GoodLuckBro

lol

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Ehud posted:

@ESPNDari: Nice of @ColinCowherd to diss @ESPNU, who gave him a TV platform 3 hours every day. Yep, those fine folks sure deserve that. #GoodLuckBro

lol

Haha. gently caress Cowherd forever.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Does anyone have ratings from Cowherd / Lebatard? I am curious to see how it's doing since everything else at FS1 is a disaster

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

Haha. gently caress Cowherd forever.

The shitbag has set decor commemorating his DDOS attacks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cowherd is kind of unique in that he is actually a bad person and not just a lame sports guy.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ehud posted:

Cowherd is kind of unique in that he is actually a bad person and not just a lame sports guy.

Before the Michigan-Utah game, Cowherd tried to corner Jim Harbaugh so Harbaugh would acknowledge him, but Jim wouldn't even look at him.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

AfterFather posted:

The Ticket owns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPuK0iMueo

Bob Sturm and Norm Hitzges are probably the best go to guys for football in Dallas.

Is the ticket 105.3 or 103.3?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Darkpriest667 posted:

Is the ticket 105.3 or 103.3?

96.7/1310

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

loving George W. Bush is going to be on Mike & Mike tomorrow morning. Who the gently caress though that was a good plan?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

And the problem is what, exactly?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

And the problem is what, exactly?

Hur Hur, GWB is bayad, you shouldn't interview GWB.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ramadu posted:

loving George W. Bush is going to be on Mike & Mike tomorrow morning. Who the gently caress though that was a good plan?

he was the president during 9/11 and people want to hear about 9/11 on 9/11

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so this morning was aggressively bland mike and mike constantly talking about how they remember 9/11 (we all do)

OR

morning men with evan cohen spending the entire morning going "nyah nyah the pats won and didn't cheat, but you can say whatever you want I CAN HANDLE IT AS A FAN" ad nauseum.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
SVP is putting Carl's Stone Cold Lock Of The Century...Of The Week on SportsCenter, on ESPN.

Owns owns owns.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DFW's The Ticket is pretty much on my radio all the goddamned time. It's a laid back set of shows, but there are some awesome brains on that station.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Saw Cowherd on fox's nfl sunday show... wow he looks like a fish out of water trying to not be a jackass.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

SVP is putting Carl's Stone Cold Lock Of The Century...Of The Week on SportsCenter, on ESPN.

Owns owns owns.

Forgot about this.

He picked the Colts this week.

Ha.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
thanks for turning me on to 96.7 the Ticket.. holy crap it's 1000 times better than the other two stations and I get traffic in the morning so that's a plus!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Darkpriest667 posted:

thanks for turning me on to 96.7 the Ticket.. holy crap it's 1000 times better than the other two stations and I get traffic in the morning so that's a plus!

You are welcome. Why Today Doesn't Suck at 3 p.m. is the best thing on radio ever.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Ferrall was getting ready to talk NFL tonight, so I was ready to hear what he had to say. It just turned into a whole segment of him boasting about his gambling ability.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm in the DFW and I mostly listen to 105.3 (Fan). There are some others, 103.3 which is what I used to listen to, and the Ticket. I've tried the Ticket a few times but i'm not sure what shows I was listening to that everyone else was. I didn't like it at all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The weakest member of the Ticket crew in my opinion would be Dan of BaD Radio. Sometimes his shtick wears thin to me. The morning crew is solid, Norm is great normally and Donovan's only gonna make it better, BaD Radio's bits are good and Bob is just crazy encyclopedic about sports. The Hardline is just dumb fun, Mike Rhyner is a curmudgeonly treasure. Sprinkled in between I think some of the weekend shows are great to have on in the background, and I do mean that as a compliment.

I think there's maybe a couple of shows I like on The Fan, but I couldn't name em.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I honestly like the ticket better when they aren't talking about sports, usually. :shobon: Plus the fact that they do random evening shows along with late-night broadcasts like campouts where everybody becomes trashed makes it fairly unique.

Also, for the guy who just discovered the ticket: the unticket has SO much old stuff on it to dig through.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Is there a compiled collection of all the bits where they had Fake Nolan Ryan talk about his epic battles with snow monkeys, culminating in the funniest Ticket moment ever when the real Nolan Ryan talked about being a snow monkey ambassador?
Because there should be.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss Fake Wade Phillips every day.:smith:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

FAT BATMAN posted:

Is there a compiled collection of all the bits where they had Fake Nolan Ryan talk about his epic battles with snow monkeys, culminating in the funniest Ticket moment ever when the real Nolan Ryan talked about being a snow monkey ambassador?
Because there should be.

Ask and ye shall receive, real Nolan Ryan is the last one

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Shinjobi posted:

I miss Fake Wade Phillips every day.:smith:

I sure do like hamburgers, jerry :downs:

hallik
Aug 15, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

The weakest member of the Ticket crew in my opinion would be Dan of BaD Radio. Sometimes his shtick wears thin to me. The morning crew is solid, Norm is great normally and Donovan's only gonna make it better, BaD Radio's bits are good and Bob is just crazy encyclopedic about sports. The Hardline is just dumb fun, Mike Rhyner is a curmudgeonly treasure. Sprinkled in between I think some of the weekend shows are great to have on in the background, and I do mean that as a compliment.

I think there's maybe a couple of shows I like on The Fan, but I couldn't name em.

That's funny because I like Dan and I feel like Donovan doesn't bring anything to the table. But I guess that's why he's still there is he has plenty of fans.

The audio from them out drinking with Kid from Kid & Play was hilarious too. It was at the super bowl right?

Fridays at 2:30, Fridays at 2:30...

hallik fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Our local guys are STILL getting mileage out of Larry Craig. The soundbite is now so used up that it has circled around to funny again.