Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Almost crashed when I heard Greg start a sentence with "speaking of the n-word...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BWV posted:

Almost crashed when I heard Greg start a sentence with "speaking of the n-word...."

If ever there was a time for the hard-network out

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Domonique’s story about the corner who stripped naked to avoid getting beat up was so funny. I’d agree that Dom Gets the Show best of anyone who’s sat in Dan’s chair. Izzy is close too. Pablo doesn’t do it for me though

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Well that was plenty awkward today.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I don't think I've seen a single person online stick up for Izzy and how he acted. Dude might break the 97% barrier if they put up a poll question of "Do you want Izzy to host again?"

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Juju like a teenager trying to get his parents to stop fighting.

Holding out for a 1% chance that it's a bit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't know the context but I'm scared

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn-radio-hosts-argue-one-walks-off-was-it-real.html

Either it's a long standing issue or it's a bit

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

It felt kinda like it started as a bit but then the stuff they were throwing at each other... Maybe hit both of them a little closer than they'd like? It wasn't particularly enjoyable to listen to either way.

Doesn't really matter anyway as we're about to hit football and the great fall Sportsaggedon.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m only on Tuesday but I haven’t enjoyed Izzy hosting so far. It sounds like it isn’t gonna get better.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

After listening to the post game I think it's a worked shoot (or the reverse?). First hour beef seemed legit but then in the postgame it really felt like they were playing it up. Then again, is it really worth making Izzy seem like a huge jerk just to get 20k youtube streams and a few articles?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It was good to hear Dan back and sounding somewhat happy.

And it’s Sueys time!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Greg Cote throwing an immaculate inning while chucking balls 3 feet off the plate.

I like him so much And you know it

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I forgot all about Shutdown Fullcast and Fullcast After Dark. Couldn't keep listening to it while working because I was laughing too hard and wasn't actually getting anything done.

Carlosologist posted:

It was good to hear Dan back and sounding somewhat happy.

And it’s Sueys time!

Agreed. I hope things get back somewhere close to normal for him soon.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1699434283578892527?s=46

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hell yeah

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Join a new company and immediately go on maternity leave. The Stugotz is strong

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Adun posted:

Join a new company and immediately go on maternity leave. The Stugotz is strong

Mina strikes me as the kind of person who like Stugotz will get like two weeks into leave before she is screaming hot takes into the void.

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

swickles posted:

Mina strikes me as the kind of person who like Stugotz will get like two weeks into leave before she is screaming hot takes into the void.

She is going to be watching all-22 in the delivery room.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

hell yeah

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stu better be in the drat studio for today's show

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

no wonder this thread is dead

https://twitter.com/andrewmarchand/status/1704147559508267094?s=46

and in response (and they’re not wrong)

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1704474192115036396?s=46

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's crazy how much better Dan is at interviews 1 on 1 vs when it's the whole group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QavgPLanO3k

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Still waiting for the SBS with Stu

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I love this Dolphins season for the show

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

also good for the show

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1707096933708509295?s=20

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Still waiting for the SBS with Stu

Waiting for his only fans

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Honestly one of the best, wildest episodes I’ve heard from then in a while, they have a reaction pod up already

They got Amin to chime in, they got Jimmy Butler calling for a special counsel…

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/pablofindsout/status/1710354821084033490

Love Dominique so much.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The only thing better than Dominique, is the insane Dominique/Bo chemistry.

I listen to Dominique's show as my general "NFL" show now Mina is on Mat Leave.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why is everyone in LA

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think they just finished building the Meadowlark LA studio so it’s probably an inaugural set of shows or something

Love the lazy river in Miami though

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

I think they just finished building the Meadowlark LA studio so it’s probably an inaugural set of shows or something

Seems increasingly like Meadowlark's model is going to be doing all the stuff Dan and Mike thought ESPN should've done and filling the vacuum being left by ESPN cutting costs. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Somewhat apropos, I'm a late convertee to Shutdown Fullcast and now am wondering why they don't have a feature on the show every week.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

If Dan wants to take more time off to do very serious interviews I'm fine with that, although I'm genuinely surprised stu isn't doing his appearances over zoom

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bomani started his pod up again today in case anybody missed it. Im hoping that now that he’s out from under ESPN we won’t have to have as many obligatory morons on and that he won’t have to talk about lebrons legacy with a gun to his head

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sharknado slashfic posted:

If Dan wants to take more time off to do very serious interviews I'm fine with that, although I'm genuinely surprised stu isn't doing his appearances over zoom

I think he gets direct payments from god bless football so doesn’t mail that show in as much.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cue up the He’s That Guy but I am not sure if Adam McKays latest character wobbly voice is part of the bit or if that’s just how he sounds with his connection. Pressing the +30 button too quickly to find out too much for myself

The we’re all gonna die jingle is good though

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Cool Post Beg posted:

Cue up the He’s That Guy but I am not sure if Adam McKays latest character wobbly voice is part of the bit or if that’s just how he sounds with his connection. Pressing the +30 button too quickly to find out too much for myself

The we’re all gonna die jingle is good though

He has essential tremor, which causes his wobbly voice amongst other things. (I haven’t heard today’s show yet so I might also be That Guy if he was doing something else with his voice)

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

RandomHodge posted:

He has essential tremor

:10bux: walking to the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
HQ coming back!

https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1744438266907046155?t=Au58CIyFEmRq6K5LHoGTsw&s=19