Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dattserberg posted:

Dude you aren't even exposed to the worst morning show in the state. Try 107.3 out of Grand Rapids if you want to see how much further the depths of hell can go.

Bill McAllister once stated that Europeans did not have horses before they came to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

LordPants posted:

People who listen to the Tony Kornheiser show (or people who know what I'm talking about I guess) whats the origin of the (deep voice) "C'mon man, what are we even doing here man" running gag?

I wondered that too and I found this:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/09/26/brian-orakpo-micd-up-what-we-doin-out-there-man-video/

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

That is a staple sign bite on the Junkies. As well as Haynesworths "Uhhhh"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

indigi posted:

I just found out that Giants OL Geoff Schwartz has a podcast specifically about offensive line play, which sounds like it could be pretty interesting. Just subscribed, has anyone given it a listen yet? Either way, I'll report back with a review.

I'm listening to BEM #2 right now. So far, I'm finding it a little dry, and I don't think they really have enough content for 45 min. There's a lot of stuff in there (like their discussions of concussions or Chip Kelly) that you've already heard or read elsewhere. You don't really get to interesting technical OL discussions 'til about 30 min in. Even then, it's a chore to listen to because their voices are so low and they break into jargon occasionally.

tl;dr - There's promise and good content, but this isn't an enjoyable listen just yet.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

You are a genius. Thanks buddy.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm so happy. Our CBS Sports Radio affiliate cut out Tierney and Gottlieb in favor of local stuff. The local stuff isn't terribly interesting, but I can't stand those two national guys.
Of course, I am a Jim Rome defender, so...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
that one time my letter got read on Mike and Mike was cool

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Heard the LeBatard interview with Joe Buck and he isnlike the exact opposite of his on air persona. Funny, super likeable, and pretty interesting. He is also self aware, he did a fake call of Bryce Harper hitting a homerun and then mooning a guy and it was amazing.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

The two Tim Kurkjian segments later that show with the March Sadness tournament were even better.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lebatard is great and I've really come around on Joe Buck. He definitely seems a lot better than he was a few years ago.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I was absolutely blown away by that Buck interview. Like, I needed them to confirm a couple of times that this was indeed Joe Buck on the line.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

I loving hate national sports radio, there's nothing I want to hear less than "what's up with the Cowboys today and..."

Go Sooners!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I went out for Breakfast at the Grouchy's Deli around the corner today. The entire time I drove there, the 20 minutes I waited, and the entire time I drove back... ADAM “THE BULL” GERSTENHABER was talking about Adam LaRoche and his kid, whom he brings with him to the Ballpark every day. I was getting home like 40 minutes later and he just started to take calls on the subject.

I wonder what it must be like to have a job like Sunday Morning sports talk, wherein the only requirement is to fill dead air.

FILL DEAD AIR RE: THE CHICAGO WHITE SOCKS

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sports radio host is the easiest loving job in the universe. You don't even have to know anything about sports. Pick any issue regarding sports, arbitrarily pick a side, defend it to the death, get paid to do so.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

The Call in this video is one of the greatest Sports Radio Calls I have ever heard. This was on a Radio show yesterday talking about that Ditka in a Packer's sweater commercial. And It's goddamn fantastic.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/show/670-the-score/video-3316252-ditka-betrayed-us/

Call's like 50 seconds in. Jason Goff is the best sports radio guy in Chicago.

ahahahaha listen to this guy's absurd loving chicago accent

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

ahahahaha listen to this guy's absurd loving chicago accent

It's perfection.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Ticket in DFW is doing the annual Compound right now, kicked off by the seminal Coast to Coast program. I highly encourage you to listen to the stream, because they often broadcast until 3 AM. Hearing Craig Miller discuss bottling urine on a sports radio station in earnest remains some of the most entertaining performance art I've ever experienced.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

I'm so happy. Our CBS Sports Radio affiliate cut out Tierney and Gottlieb in favor of local stuff. The local stuff isn't terribly interesting, but I can't stand those two national guys.
Of course, I am a Jim Rome defender, so...

It's always funny to hear Felger on the Sports Hub sigh and then talk about Gottlieb's sports minute because it's so bad.

Also, I know the Sports Hub gets huge ratings but it still can't kill WEEI and it makes me mad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

hey ehud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spviihXAVho

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

If you are a regular listener to the show this is so amazing.

Also, what has been an absolutely cringy but hilarious segment has been Stugotz trying to get impossible reservations at restaurants. I actively cringe and laugh at the same time.

swickles fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 8, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

If you are a regular listener to the show this is so amazing.

Also, what has been an absolutely cringy but hilarious segment has been Stugotz trying to get impossible reservations at restaurants. I actively cringe and laugh at the same time.

"Listen, there's no easy way for me to do this, but do you listen to sports radio at all?"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha when the stugotz stuff started I lost it

my favorite thing about the restaurant reservations is "__ pm, prime time, baby"

He's so good at being that guy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

hahahaha when the stugotz stuff started I lost it

my favorite thing about the restaurant reservations is "__ pm, prime time, baby"

He's so good at being that guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksncGsNjyhs

I'm dying

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That's my #2 favorite clip from the show. This is my #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPU_hySsYSg

e: I can't find clips, but Papi reading exerpts from 50 Shades of Grey is also outstanding.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 11, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud after listening to Lebatard for the last two days I can conclude that Stugotz is the best person on earth

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Ehud after listening to Lebatard for the last two days I can conclude that Stugotz is the best person on earth

Tuesday's with he and Greg Cote just screwing around while Dan tries to do the show are the best. I want to go to the Stugotz School of Broadcasting.

Also you get Ron Magill on Tuesday's which is the highlight of my week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Normally I think Mike and Mike is boring, but it's fun when they have Russillo as a guest host. This morning it's Greeny, Russillo AND Kannell and it's pretty entertaining.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is a tour de force
https://twitter.com/RNs_Funhouse/status/733476503841701888

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If the Warriors win, Stugotz has to get his belly button pierced.

If the Cavs win, Dan has to recreate the Prince Fielder body issue picture on the left.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I want to believe Stugotz schmoozing this English couple to come on the radio to talk about bees is real.

So much.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Lebatard show is so much fun. I'm glad ESPN finally put it on nationally. I also love Highly Questionable but sort of miss just how awfully/uncomfortably hilarious it was in the very first season. It was truly amazing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kornheiser's radio show is ending :(

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/738484963905933313

It's probably for the best it's podcast-only, the show isn't live anyway when it airs and he won't have to work for Dan Snyder

Also he's like in his late 60's

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

Kornheiser's radio show is ending :(

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/738484963905933313

It's probably for the best it's podcast-only, the show isn't live anyway when it airs and he won't have to work for Dan Snyder

Also he's like in his late 60's

Rip

gently caress I spent a lot of my life listening to that in football season. :(

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Shouldn't this thread be in SAS? I'd be better if people that didn't venture tff are active here too, no?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Today on Lebatard: "I just always assumed you had a small penis"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/738723448470548480

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That entire conversation was surreal and hilarious. It's a bummer that they didn't have cameras set up yet to watch things get more and more awkward.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stugotz explaining to Mila Kunis why he hates JJ Watt

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/755432201378942976

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mila Kunis was a real good radio guest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Mila Kunis was a real good radio guest

Yeah I hope they were serious about making her a friend of the show.