Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

Valenti and Foster is great. I wish they would get a Lansing affiliate.

Here we're stuck with some local Grand Rapids guys or MSU blowhard Jack Ebling. We also have the pleasure of someone giving hot-take machine Ryan Schuiling a show. He's bottom of the barrel when it comes to local radio hosts. Basically don't expect anything decent on the radio outside of the national shows if you're in mid or west Michigan.

The bottom of the barrel is, was, and will always be Bill Simonson.

- Got fired in Oklahoma for saying a black coach sounds like Buckwheat on the air.
- Got fired in Texas for claiming that his producer's landlord was exposing herself with lap dances at a party, and them got the station sued over those remarks.
- Got fired in Chicago for getting his rear end kicked outside a White Sox game.
- Is now in Grand Rapids, where you have fun incidents like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Bill loving Mcallister from the 97.1 morning show is one of the biggest idiots in history and he has managed to corrupt Stony like grima wormtongue. One time, because they never talk about sports, they were talking about horses for some unknown reason. He thought europeans did not have horses until they came to america.

I....what the gently caress

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

I agree that Bill "Huge" Simonson is just awful and in general a piece of poo poo. For some reason Huge is broadcast throughout the entire loving state. The funniest part of his show is how thin-skinned he is, he cannot handle criticism at all and whines on air about it whenever people start giving him poo poo.

Ryan Schuiling is the equivalent of your idiot friend who thinks he's got this sports thing figured out but has no sort of opinion apart from blind homerism. It's like someone gave a 12 year old the mic for 2 hours a day.

Huge is currently on a jihad against Schuiling, it is pretty funny, Simonson might lose a lot of sponsors over this.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

Hahaha seriously??? Maybe now I'll tune in so I can hear them go back and forth.

Someone has been sending all of Simonson's old incidents to his sponsors. He is testier than usual.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Good poo poo happened on Valenti and Foster when a station employee brought flowers from a wedding to woo a female employee.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/show/va...of-desperation/

Dan Leach is helping to drive the Tigers and Wings to another station, after he bought a prostitute on the air and bragged about it during a postgame show.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

Haha. gently caress Cowherd forever.

The shitbag has set decor commemorating his DDOS attacks.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ehud posted:

Cowherd is kind of unique in that he is actually a bad person and not just a lame sports guy.

Before the Michigan-Utah game, Cowherd tried to corner Jim Harbaugh so Harbaugh would acknowledge him, but Jim wouldn't even look at him.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

Dan also sort of let something slip that Mike and Mike might be going away for good soon

mike and mike, espn radio
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike
mike and mike

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Who the hell is Guy Harvey?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

The two San Diego sports radio stations air Colin Cowherd and Jim Rome at 9am.

One of them just dropped Jim Rome for Lebatard

:getin:

now you got to get the other one to change

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ehud posted:

Something magical happens today involving Billy reporting live from the Marlins opening day.

I won't spoil it.

This was so, so great.

Skip to 1:33:30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCXPZHkVT8g

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 30, 2018

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

today's show was a nearly 4 hour setup to a joke

worth it wholeheartedly

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a neat cape posted:

I didn't get the show.

Now I get the show.

you get the show

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow there’s a jets fan in those comments

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Dan is off radio today and tomorrow, and off HQ today. He will be on HQ tomorrow.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

so in case you didn't know, the ticket in miami is co-owned with another sports station

lebatard is moving to the other station

there's gonna be no more local hour effective immediately

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article233441347.html

e:

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1157348407058542592

https://twitter.com/MichaelRyanRuiz/status/1157349258758152192

Why is Barry Jackson getting this scoop and not Greg Cote

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope this means more Katie and Marty, although they would be calling in.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

harperdc posted:

Jeff Passan doing Elmo voice reading about gas station dick pills -- and reading the names of products -- was one of the funnier things I've heard in a long time.

All of the agreement.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope Papi is alright.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Anals of History posted:

e: lol, beaten. Have a video from someone who almost certainly has a shrine to Mina Kimes in his attic:
https://twitter.com/ASOM233334/status/1222938869483687937

There is a person on Twitter who replies to Katie Nolan's posts with .gifs of Katie, which is always weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
the 2021 Papi Awards!