Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
So Olin Kreutz and Big Cat Williams are replacing Doug and OB for Bears post game. I honestly dont know what to think. I dont recall ever having heard either on the radio before, but nothing will be able to replace Doug and OBs pure post game rage. Though Big Cat does have one of the most linemany voice I have heard.

Im shocked that Pat Mannelly is not involved in the post game show. I figured that would be a no brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mike Greenberg is apparently leaving the Mike & Mike show. I am sure this departure will generate just as much sadness and anger as the Chargers leaving San Diego.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

Speaking of Mike and Mike. They're currently trying discounting what anyone who didn't play football has to say about cte and allowing guests to say without any challenge that "we don't know if football causes cte"

They are the shilliest shills that ever shilled. I don't listen to them very much, but in the last couple of days I haven't even heard a single negative word about the Chargers move. Ice Cube came out and said it was lovely on their show, but neither of them had the balls to follow up on that.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

weird Asian candy posted:

Chicagoons, I saw an online add for Bernstein and Goff and wondered WTF happened in the 7 months since I moved away. Terry had cancer huh? Saw a picture of him, he looks terrible :(

I wish they would have taken that time to put together a Goff and Abattacola show.

Did they confirm it was cancer with Terry? They were never very specific on the show or in any of the articles I read. I just know he was out a lot over the last year due to surgery. I hope the dude is okay, and it definitely sounds like it was time for him to retire.
Bernstein and Goff can be surprisingly entertaining when they start BSing about random non-sports topics.

When they moved Goff to the afternoon slot with Bernstein, they paired Spiegel with some dude named Danny Parkins. I can't put my finger on why, but there is something about Parkins I dislike.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Holy poo poo, I did not know that. I think I would prefer not to look up that photo. I really hope the guy enjoys a long, comfortable, and healthy retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

Dan sounds more like he did years and years ago. And Goff has always been the goods radio wise, so happy to see him moving up in the radio world.

While it sucks to say, I really think Terry tried to hang on too long and his presence hurt more than helped over the last couple of years. His general lack of presence seemed to exacerbate some of Bernstein's worst characteristics.