Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lt. Chips posted:

So Olin Kreutz and Big Cat Williams are replacing Doug and OB for Bears post game. I honestly dont know what to think. I dont recall ever having heard either on the radio before, but nothing will be able to replace Doug and OBs pure post game rage. Though Big Cat does have one of the most linemany voice I have heard.

Im shocked that Pat Mannelly is not involved in the post game show. I figured that would be a no brainer.

He's doing Pregames I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kill Dozed posted:

And he starts the show with "I love Dominicans"

Lebatard owns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

He got better. That interview with D Smith was good

Lebatard is probably one of the best interviewers in Sports.

His Highly Questionable Interviews are almost always gold.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

quote:

#Bears to honor the memories of Doug Buffone & Mike Pyle via video tribute about 15 minutes before start of Sunday’s game at Soldier Field.

How appropriate of the Bears to Honor Doug Buffone right before they get blown the gently caress out by the Packers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Call in this video is one of the greatest Sports Radio Calls I have ever heard. This was on a Radio show yesterday talking about that Ditka in a Packer's sweater commercial. And It's goddamn fantastic.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/show/670-the-score/video-3316252-ditka-betrayed-us/

Call's like 50 seconds in. Jason Goff is the best sports radio guy in Chicago.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

ahahahaha listen to this guy's absurd loving chicago accent

It's perfection.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

Did they confirm it was cancer with Terry? They were never very specific on the show or in any of the articles I read. I just know he was out a lot over the last year due to surgery. I hope the dude is okay, and it definitely sounds like it was time for him to retire.
Bernstein and Goff can be surprisingly entertaining when they start BSing about random non-sports topics.

When they moved Goff to the afternoon slot with Bernstein, they paired Spiegel with some dude named Danny Parkins. I can't put my finger on why, but there is something about Parkins I dislike.

Old post but yeah.

Parkins is growing on me. I figured out what my problem with him was and it's that he has the stereotypical "RADIO GUY VOICE" and cadence on a station that recently hasn't had a guy like that.

Dan and Goff is amazing. Goff is antagonistic enough and willing to check Dan which means Dan is unable to just go on long diatribes about his sources and his opinions on things.

Dan sounds more like he did years and years ago. And Goff has always been the goods radio wise, so happy to see him moving up in the radio world.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

While it sucks to say, I really think Terry tried to hang on too long and his presence hurt more than helped over the last couple of years. His general lack of presence seemed to exacerbate some of Bernstein's worst characteristics.

Yeah Terry at some point just became a sound board essentially, and a echo chamber for Dan it felt like.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/jamfan40/status/950896185505656834

Better audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqTSnEXoiWo

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 10, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ehud posted:

IIRC they offered him a job and he turned them down because he doesn't think the company is run well lol

Yeah, he was offered the COO job because Dan hates dealing with money and business and Foxworth is experienced in that.

He was mostly joking about it not being run well, it's more like He is friends with all of those people. He knows that if he takes that job, and does his job seriously he knows he will at some point have to have conversations about potentially firing one of his or Dan's Friends and that is an absolute lovely position to be put into.

quote:

“Domonique, I wanted him so badly, so very badly to be, I don’t want to handle money. I don’t want to have anything to do with the money and the business of Meadowlark Media,” Le Batard says. “I hate it. And I wanted Domonique to be our COO. And he told me that he would not be. And why did you tell me you would not be? Because I thought we had a real chance to hire you.”

“Um, because, you are friends and family with the people that I was gonna fire,” Foxworth says. “It’s plain and simple.”

Le Batard says “He is being gentle. He told me the reason he wouldn’t take the job is that I’m not going to fire people.”

Foxworth laughs and says “It’s not that it’s specific people. But it’s like you’re trying to run a business or you’re trying to have a family. And I made this joke earlier, you either die a hero or live long enough to sit in meetings. And I walk in this morning, and I see you guys, and you’re sitting in meetings. And that’s what I recognized: if you’re inside the ESPN machine, you guys can be these rebels, and I can come in here, and it can be fun, and joke around, use a key card sometimes, bounce around, and have a good time.”

“But once you are separated, you have to become the establishment a little bit. And my thought was ‘You know what’s not going to go well for me? Trying to turn this group of rebels into some sort of organized structure without the ability to have actual repercussions. Obviously, I don’t want to fire people, you want to train someone, you want them to get better. But the point was it has to exist as a possibility.”

“And I know, from you, that does not exist, at least at that point, that does not exist as a possibility, because you have a utopian view of some of these things. And as much as I, I’m a normal person, so I hate David Samson as much as the next guy, but every now and then, he says some things that are true. Sometimes parts of business are uncomfortable. You hate to hear it, but it’s true.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/pablofindsout/status/1710354821084033490

Love Dominique so much.