Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

First time I heard Ferrall I was convinced his voice was a bit. Then I realized no, no, that's very real. And it is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I honestly like the ticket better when they aren't talking about sports, usually. :shobon: Plus the fact that they do random evening shows along with late-night broadcasts like campouts where everybody becomes trashed makes it fairly unique.

Also, for the guy who just discovered the ticket: the unticket has SO much old stuff on it to dig through.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Ticket in DFW is doing the annual Compound right now, kicked off by the seminal Coast to Coast program. I highly encourage you to listen to the stream, because they often broadcast until 3 AM. Hearing Craig Miller discuss bottling urine on a sports radio station in earnest remains some of the most entertaining performance art I've ever experienced.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yo, DFW goons (or if you're curious and want to hear late-night weirdness via a stream)

Just a friendly reminder that late night Ticket starts tonight, so tune in at 8 for Coast to Coast, and then middle aged white dudes getting drunk and hitting on women.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

78 year old Norm Hitzges is retiring from radio. 48 years on the air. Will still hop back on occasionally to do NFL draft coverage and probably his holiday charity marathon. A North Texas staple at this point.

Delightful old gambling man, always seemed like the nicest guy the handful of times I met him.

And that's today's sad story...

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I think Shinjobi and I are the only ones who care, but it's been very interesting to see the 12-3 timeslot drama on KTCK in DFW.

I've started wondering why more terrestrial local folks aren't jumping into the digital space more, but then again the crap at the Athletic a few weeks back would be enough to scare me off.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I've gotta have my Hang Zone--I'm so drat anxious about this contract negotiation poo poo

It's the best show they have on the station currently, and unless they're demanding something stupid like morning drive Cumulus is insane to let them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

and they've released a video saying they're gone

sigh

Ugh, gdi.

Terrestrial radio is hosed. The ad to content ratio just cannot compete with podcasts today.