Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The race card. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

swickles posted:

Either you weren't listening, or you heard what you wanted to hear. He used Warren Moon as the exception to the rule, that after he replaced the guy in Houston he ended up staying and playing until he was really really old. I mean, the argument is sound. Josh Freeman was Eli Manning for the first four years, they each had similar number the first 4 years of their career. Josh was traded, played on like a couple hours of learning the offense and is now basically out of the league. The argument wasn't that people don't like black QB's, but that they are more willing to fins excuses for white QB's and why they should start (not play backup like in the examples you cited) vs. black QB's. Also, it was like one bit in the middle of the show after he explained exactly how its Washington's fault that RG3 is ruined.

Plus the fact that the excuse "but he is bad"doesn't really work when your replacement is at least as bad. Because cousins is really bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

warcrimes posted:

Fair enough, I misheard the part on Moon, then. Freeman has had several chances on at least 2 or 3 teams(Miami and Minnesota come to mind immediately) to salvage his career, he's done. Starters or back ups, I still don't agree with the premise- Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, McNabb, etc.

Seems that every Redskin goon who posted on it is in agreement that as bad as Cousins is, RG3 is worse.

Fans always think the backup is the answer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dattserberg posted:

I'd like to see an RG3 that doesn't feel the need to get lit up play a couple games. You're absolutely right that he can't protect himself. He's got the talent to succeed, he just needs to make some serious changes to his game.

He is still young he could do it, though his fumbling doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Definitely not worse than kirks pics.Why you would cut lose a young player you only played for effectively two seasons is a real headscratcher. I mean if you had someone to replace him sure, but they don't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They played better, I would assume. Which isn't hard, they were awful against the lions. Also no rg3 did not get more then enough chances. Kirk apparently is getting more. For some reason.