Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anals of History posted:

Dan's brother passed away from cancer earlier today. He's apparently been deteriorating over the past year and Dan's been absent to be with him. The start of the local hour where he shares this while fighting through tears is genuinely heartbreaking.

holy poo poo :smith:

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/visual-arts/article277843588.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

These segments of Dan grieving have totally ripped my heart out.

I lost my sister when I was a teenager and this is like reliving some of the worst moments of my life vicariously through a sports podcast lol

edit why is Witty back hahahaha

Ehud fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 3, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BWV posted:

It's been very heavy but then going into Top 5 Coolest People in Heaven and them trying to figure out who is going to leave off Lebo was very funny. This year with my Dad has been almost identical to what Dan has been describing (he probably has a few weeks left) and it's been wild to be spending time with him and then listening to Dan discuss his own grief on my drive home.

Really happy that Witty is in for a few days. I know it's weird to say but this week has had some really amazing shows.

Sorry about your dad :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BWV posted:

Thanks <3 it sounds weird or maybe obvious but hearing other people talk through something similar, while still being able to joke is really nice. Something comforting about them talking about Kmart and then Stu just bursts out "Kenyon Martin."

“Mike, Marty Schottenheimer passed away! :haw:” is now a core part of my grieving process.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anals of History posted:

Think Domonique is the best of everyone that's sat in Dan's chair. He seems to be the most self-aware of everyone who's tried, he's thoughtful, and he's able to pass effectively to co-hosts or the Shipping Container. Don't think he'll do it because he'd have to uproot his family and because he doesn't appear to want to be stuck with one job, but I think it'd be awesome if he did.

IIRC they offered him a job and he turned them down because he doesn't think the company is run well lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m only on Tuesday but I haven’t enjoyed Izzy hosting so far. It sounds like it isn’t gonna get better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hell yeah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's crazy how much better Dan is at interviews 1 on 1 vs when it's the whole group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QavgPLanO3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

also good for the show

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1707096933708509295?s=20