Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bounce between ESPN and Mad Dog Sports Radio.

Evan and Phillips used to be a decent show, when Babchek was just a producer and there was at least one professional who wasn't perpetually 25 years old. Now any time I forget, I get to hear what is almost always reliably Evan defending Tom Brady and generally being a knob. The next show is Adam Schein, whose phone answer phrase makes it sound like he's throwing to commercial every time he says Hello. He's also got a big douchey controversy guy like Cowherd. Then Stephen A. Smith, who oh my god I cannot listen to Stephen A. Smith. Then it's Mad Dog and some other poo poo I don't bother with at all ever.

ESPN is offensively boring or terrible in the morning (gently caress Mike and Mike), but at least I get the news in between their stupid segments about poo poo that is neither a)entertaining or b)related to sports. I'll miss SVP but Kanell works well with Russillo, and of course I love Dan and Stu, because they outright loathe what they are a part of, and I can get behind that.

Mark Schlereth sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tried listening on the way in.

Mike and Mike was Greeney and CC, and they were talking about the Greenberg dog.

Switched to Morning Men on Mad Dog. Oh, look. ONLY TALKING ABOUT TOM BRADY STILL.

gently caress it, I listened to fantasy radio on the way in. I don't even care.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

I still don't understand how so many people hate Mike and Mike. It's literally the most inoffensive vanilla show. I can see being utterly indifferent, but hate should be reserved for Colin Cowherd.

someone post golicbreaktheinternet.jpg

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

I like when there is a spirited debate about something and Golic overrides everything Greenberg says because he played in the NFL 20 years ago.

"listen up fairy man, i was a back up d-lineman and a 10th round draft pick, I KNOW"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

loving siriusxm stop moving the loving channels you shitheads.

works fine in my car, everything auto-updates.

I get in the wife's van and holy poo poo it took forever to remove the preset, add the new preset and what the gently caress, why would you move those channels constantly?!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

So much of their show is just doing reads. So many ads.

It's like listening to a NASCAR :gonk:

Thanks for that take our Subway Eat Fresh hotline. Now to the 1 800 flowers dot com twitter feed for the digiorno hot take of the day.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Some guy has been filling in for the Morning Men the last few days and it's been a pretty listenable show. Today he was talking about Madden vs old games and how much better the old games were.

Tomorrow, however, we're back to Patriots apologist/Tom Brady concubine Evan Cohen and I'll have to listen to Stand-up Comedy or something.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so this morning was aggressively bland mike and mike constantly talking about how they remember 9/11 (we all do)

OR

morning men with evan cohen spending the entire morning going "nyah nyah the pats won and didn't cheat, but you can say whatever you want I CAN HANDLE IT AS A FAN" ad nauseum.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

SVP is putting Carl's Stone Cold Lock Of The Century...Of The Week on SportsCenter, on ESPN.

Owns owns owns.

Forgot about this.

He picked the Colts this week.

Ha.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Host of morning men is having a loving melt down over his producer losing one sound clip. Mad dog radio.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cris Carter called Jed York one of the best owners in the NFL this morning on Mike and Mike.

I think I'm done with Sports Radio.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I loving hate national sports radio, there's nothing I want to hear less than "what's up with the Cowboys today and..."

Try Mad Dog Sports Radio. It's all Pats Chat, no matter what.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

PFT Commenter was on Bomani Jones' show today in the last hour and it's reeeeeally painful and cringe-worthy and seeing people go crazy on Bomani's twitter is hilarious

Listening now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXwBrRfOCs&t=1168s

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 2, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What did pftcommenter do on bomani today?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nothing could be worse than Greenberg.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Speaking of Mike and Mike. They're currently trying discounting what anyone who didn't play football has to say about cte and allowing guests to say without any challenge that "we don't know if football causes cte"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

bye Danny!

you were the worst!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would they do that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They're all boring whitebread, so I'm not sure that they're doing much but delaying the inevitable at this point. The Mikes probably have the most bloated contracts there and no real alternatives to make that kinda scratch when they run out.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/864794225963151360

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Golic probably thinks of Greeny as "just a dumb little bitch boy reporter" underneath it all because he didn't play PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL and is just a dumb girl with dumb girl hair.

And now that dumb girl nerd is using the thing that Golic built with his talent and insight to get a TV show and move to New York and leave big strong smart Golic behind in CT.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not joking at all

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't understand what happened at all here, but I guess that's probably the point.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No I mean, I get the LeBatard joke.

I don't get the "you don't get the show" thing unless it's just people telling Curt he's an idiot.

Which, to be fair, he's an idiot.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You guys okay? This is weird.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I went down the youtube rabbit hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lbRaQUrLYA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wish both Mike's would have lost their jobs in hilariously ironic fashions. Like Golic is caught wearing dresses in an elementary school and Greeney beats up prostitutes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

pasaluki posted:

I listen to mad dog radio all the time. My favorite show is on in the middle of the godforsaken night and hosted by Scott Wetzel. It has no production value and the opening bumper is among the shittiest I've ever heard, but the host and callers are just great if a bit crazed and it's the closest thing to the experience of being at a dive bar shooting the poo poo about sports. Wetzel is into all this weird conspiracy poo poo so it's kind of like an Art Bell show, mixed with neverending hot takes, and degenerate gambling.

My second favorite show is Mad Dog Unleashed because it is unintentionally hilarious. It is basically the unrestrained id of Mad Dog Russo who is just extremely loving neurotic. You have no idea what he will talk about. Most of the time it's sports,but other times he does poo poo like an hour long interview with Rennie Airth, a South African mystery novelist for no reason. And he is obsessed with the Carpenters and butchers the English language to no end. My favorite aspect of the show is that thinks every modern player is a scrub compared to players from like the 50s. Like he will say poo poo like "Aaron Rodgers is a nice quarterback he's a nice kid but HE'S NO JACK KEMP! HE'S NO GEORGE BLANDA! HE'S NO SONNY JURGENSON!" This applies to players in literally every sport but especially baseball. I never listened to Mike and the Mad Dog but Mad Dog himself is just endless entertainment and occasionally out of nowhere he's goes from being a complete fool to being extremely insightful.

As insufferable as the morning men are, the one bit that never gets old is them replaying audio of the dog sounding like a loving moron

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How do I stream the local hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol ESPN can't do poo poo to Dan