Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

local hour was insnae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Thursday's 2nd hour was an all timer.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Billy during the local hour is the best. The key to the show is throwing irrationality/indignity in the face of Dan's reason and Guillermo has managed to find another way to do it without mirroring Stu.

I've been listening to the show for over 10 years and the local hour/WakeNTake has gotten the show back to the highs I fell in love with.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I am enjoying this very much. It's all inside show stuff which is always my favourite.

Stu is on fire tonight

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I loved it. I probably wouldn't have watched the whole game but seeing them just try to figure out what to do was great. Mike was so tense which made it weird and funny, and Roy and Chris had their faces painted (one orange and one as a juggalo).
Greg Cote legit took the showkiller to a new level.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The strap on rejoin reminds me of another favourite: the Dan and Josh Norman hugging story.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Celebrity prognosticator off to a good start

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The hard network out after the first hour was glorious.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm here for the quatrains

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK8lTdD8EHo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the best is when you as a listener, without even looking at the time, know the hard network out is happening and they still get him.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Scoops Cote

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The quatrain out of nowhere today made me spit up my coffee.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

JuJu Gotti was amazing

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ehud posted:

Dan mentions Bill Self

Cote: "The inventor of the selfie"

I couldn't stop laughing.

literally spit up my coffee to this.

also the Lebatard show youtube channel is now putting up full shows. and while I normally listen to podcast its not bad having it to finish/catch up on shows I dont cover on my commute.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

1. Brad Stevens is the worst guest in show history. Too boring to even be bad.

2. Irksay Irae had me laugh loudly on the bus

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

PTSDee Gordon

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/tjpolzin/status/1130098527827365888

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I feel like this is going to blow over. Pittaro will probably tell him that if he needs to get angry about Trump once a year it's fine but don't go attacking ESPN policies and being publicly insubordinate (remember with Simmons it wasn't that he just called the NFL liars but that he challenged ESPN directly about it). Le Batard will realize that the show is really soaring right now and he can tolerate not criticizing ESPN directly if he's able to do everything else. I think on some level his desire to criticize ESPN's bullshit policies was also grounded in the general frustration they feel about ESPN shutting down their fun and preventing them from building on their silly ideas so if they can reach some common ground on that things will go back to normal. From ESPN's perspective, the show must be making them tons of money on podcast, it's the most listened to sports show on radio and it's become a fantastic platform to groom and humanize a lot of their other now-valuable personalities. Too much at stake for both sides for them to gently caress it up over something that lasted less than 30 seconds.

Lastly, Congratulations J-Girl cause you're.....FlyGirl, you're still a FlyGirl

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the first half of the local hour was amazing. I never thought I would like callers but this is really working for me

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jqtVQXJgoc

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Where did the Dan Leberfeld thing come from, I must have missed that one

Stu had Mad Dog on his podcast and he said "so whats the deal with the show, is it the Dan Leberfeld show with Stugortz..."

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Even though it got defeated by the Crate of Content, I'm happy that Dan finally mentioned the hypocrisy of banning political speech from the show while also taking millions to run political ads.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Carl Douglas needs to come back everyday

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I agree it's a terrible choice. I can only assume people who prefer Greenberg are the same people who watch commercials for fun. Hopefully they keep it on as a 3+local hour podcast with only 2 airing nationally. Just seems tone deaf to replace a show that is an exemplar of diversity and difference and replacing it with two hours of "does x have what it takes to win the big one this year "

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lombardo call backs are always welcome. Hope they get him back on so he can bury them for dinner.

e: Just listened to the Masvidal interview from yesterday and they probably shouldn't have opened that door if they weren't going to provide more context/information. I hope they dont get too bogged down in it but giving him a platform to spew alt-right talking points with no push back is not ideal.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 15, 2020

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/BaronDavis/status/1289632760684900352?s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrewMacFarlane/status/1291012721417256960?s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Carl Douglas is hypnotic

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This sucks but Scoops Cote getting 2-3 Greg Cote show podcast plugs in an article about his son getting fired is hilarious.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

calling Greg Cote during back in my day got me good

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the magnus/flair segment was fantastic and the past few weeks have been excellent in all its mess.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

beggar posted:

The Long Version of Stat of the Day, what a masterpiece

this was amazing

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's where he belongs considering every time I hear his name I just think of Stat in Yo Face.

Show has been doing real well lately. Witty is a fantastic addition and the rhythm of them being in person combined with how much looser it feels now is making things sing.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is excellent poo poo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Roy's Realm is so terribly excellent .

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Juju Gotti is a star

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

security guard is already a star

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

rough shows this week but I figure Dan has a lot of poo poo he needs to get out of his system. Tbh I think they just need to get back to talking about things in the present. I'm sure they'll get back on track soon and they deserve time to get stuff off their chest, but Dan in particular has been bad and his retrospective takes are meandering and generally stale. Also if I ever go down to Miami I'm standing outside the Clevelander with a sign that says "Race and Politics have always been intertwined you butthead"

That all being said, still some very fun moments with Greg and I enjoy everything Whittingham does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Where do these ads come from does Apple dump some on when I use their app? Or does DraftKings add some?

The ads at the beginning are based on location and other user data I believe. I get ones for Canadian non profits so if that coffee one was at the beginning it likely has nothing to do with the show.