Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
DP is the best and then it's a race for second in my mind. His segments with Eisen are fantastic. SVP and Russillo was great, I'm starting to come around Lebatard, and completely agree with the post about more athletes physically assaulting Jim Rome.

The new Russillo show will be interesting. Got to be difficult to replace SVP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A classic from 2006, Mike Valenti loses his drat mind after MSU suffers yet another disastrous loss. He has since grown up significantly over the past decade, I think he is like 24 here. Valenti and Foster is routinely the most entertaining sports radio in Detroit, although their station forces them to do way too much taking calls and reading texts then doing interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWmXe1w6XBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGxfiebmuo

Something from yesterday that made me laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kpit8cW0o4

Valenti and Foster is great. I wish they would get a Lansing affiliate.

Here we're stuck with some local Grand Rapids guys or MSU blowhard Jack Ebling. We also have the pleasure of someone giving hot-take machine Ryan Schuiling a show. He's bottom of the barrel when it comes to local radio hosts. Basically don't expect anything decent on the radio outside of the national shows if you're in mid or west Michigan.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

The bottom of the barrel is, was, and will always be Bill Simonson.

- Got fired in Oklahoma for saying a black coach sounds like Buckwheat on the air.
- Got fired in Texas for claiming that his producer's landlord was exposing herself with lap dances at a party, and them got the station sued over those remarks.
- Got fired in Chicago for getting his rear end kicked outside a White Sox game.
- Is now in Grand Rapids, where you have fun incidents like this:

I agree that Bill "Huge" Simonson is just awful and in general a piece of poo poo. For some reason Huge is broadcast throughout the entire loving state. The funniest part of his show is how thin-skinned he is, he cannot handle criticism at all and whines on air about it whenever people start giving him poo poo.

Ryan Schuiling is the equivalent of your idiot friend who thinks he's got this sports thing figured out but has no sort of opinion apart from blind homerism. It's like someone gave a 12 year old the mic for 2 hours a day.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Huge is currently on a jihad against Schuiling, it is pretty funny, Simonson might lose a lot of sponsors over this.

Hahaha seriously??? Maybe now I'll tune in so I can hear them go back and forth.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Parlett316 posted:

RG3 fumbles the ball way more and can't protect himself. Am I the only guy paying attention?

I'd like to see an RG3 that doesn't feel the need to get lit up play a couple games. You're absolutely right that he can't protect himself. He's got the talent to succeed, he just needs to make some serious changes to his game.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is still young he could do it, though his fumbling doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Definitely not worse than kirks pics.Why you would cut lose a young player you only played for effectively two seasons is a real headscratcher. I mean if you had someone to replace him sure, but they don't.

Oh yeah, I don't think he's beyond repair or anything. I do think that the environment in Washington is far too toxic for him at this point. Probably a good time for a break for both parties.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Kill Dozed posted:

And he starts the show with "I love Dominicans"

That is really funny

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

@ESPNDari: Nice of @ColinCowherd to diss @ESPNU, who gave him a TV platform 3 hours every day. Yep, those fine folks sure deserve that. #GoodLuckBro

lol

Haha. gently caress Cowherd forever.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I like mike and mike and i do not care who knows. this may be influenced by the fact that detroit has the most godawful morning show in the country.

Does 105.1 have a morning show? I am rarely in the metro area during the morning drive and whatever they have on 97.1 is hot garbage.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lol, the Lions are moving from 97.1 to WJR and allegedly part of the reason was because Mike Valenti is too mean and they wanted him fired.

I'm beginning to hate this team so goddamn much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Mike and Mike is better then my local morning drive sports radio which is the worst show on the planet so i listen to them on sirius since its mostly ok news and discussion about sports. They stupid things but so does literally everyone in sports media.

Dude you aren't even exposed to the worst morning show in the state. Try 107.3 out of Grand Rapids if you want to see how much further the depths of hell can go.