Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Honor shouldn't be spent on maps. Once the guild gets rolling, you'll have constant supply (I'm sitting on about 175) right now. Spend honor on the weekly goodies.

Gold should be spent on guild activities, as these are going to be the best ways to get keys, diamonds, etc.

Diamonds should be saved and spent on armor, with the best being dragon armor (for the 100% gold bonus, to help with guild activities).

It's tedious, but super important that you finish the challenges in each kingdom for the level up. Leveling up a troop to 15 will also level up the kingdom it's a part of.

If you're looking for a quick team to get gold and souls try this:
Treant
Alchemist
Banshee
Valkyrie

Alchemist charges Valkyrie, Valkyrie fuels Banshee, Banshee kills everything. Treant is there for defense and to clear out brown orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
All of the currencies seem pretty limited at first, but after a while, you'll have enough of pretty much everything. Also, the rewards gained from maps aren't worth the time spent compared to PvP battles assuming you have the good armor.

Glory is the only thing that seems really tight at first, but after a month or two, you'll have more than enough for whatever shows up for the week. Its never worth blowing on maps because the weekly rewards are not always priced the same. Plus sometimes they have one item, and sometimes two.

The good thing is that even without spending a dime, you can get literally everything in the game and be rolling in resources. Right now I have 6k Glory, 3k diamonds, 175 maps, and a ton of gold.

This is easily the most generous Freemium game I've ever played.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Obscil posted:

Invite sent.

I'm starting to hit a bit of a brick wall in pvp. My party just isn't strong enough anymore to beat all of the all legendary teams without some luck. I managed to get to rank 4 with a party of Warrior's Axe, Sacred Guardian (lvl8), Warlock (lvl7), Ranger (lvl7).

You just need a few more levels for your troops. Do the Stormheim quest chain to get Valkyrie to get way more souls per battle to help level up. Also, legendary teams are super slow, and there are plenty of non-legendary teams that will tear right through them. The team I posted earlier is composed of all troops that are super easy to get.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Shwqa posted:

a fine tuned guild is the best source of gems. And maybe the only source of gems. I think I got 10 gem from my kingdom one time.

The guild task for gems gives 3 tokens and 10 gems.

Prior to the map game, you would get a gem for a 7x cascade. Although now with the map game, if you get lucky you could get a few gems in a single round.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Quick question - do the special weekly items you can buy with Glory typically go for 50-80 Glory apiece, or are there more expensive items out there? Trying to decide how much Glory I should keep around, just in case.

For the most part, I think you're right with the number. Every now and again, they have a legendary troop as a reward that is a bit more expensive. I honestly don't remember how much they cost, but I think it was 120ish (Although I could be completely wrong about that number).

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Bandire posted:

It seems like every time I pick Valkyrie or one of the other color converters in it always backfires, and my last pick doesn't include a unit with the right color.

That becomes less of a problem as you unlock better weapons for your hero I guess.

A great team combo will trump the durability of the hero. Its sometimes better to ditch the hero for combos that can endlessly loop. A team like Venoxia, Brian the Lucky, Webspinner, and Valkyrie will have unlimited turns after a couple rounds.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I suck at reading comprehension

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

rotaryfun posted:

How should I be spending my gold in the guild? I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on in the guild.

Keep enough gold around to enter matches. Other than that, just pick a task to donate to. It shouldn't really matter where your gold goes since all tasks are worthwhile.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So is it worth mastering the challenges for your capital or is the return vs investment not worthwhile?
Basically is my team better served invading, for a high rank, and arena in terms of gold and all that good stuff

I would start with getting keys, souls, etc.

Once you have a decent team or two, its absolutely worth it to master the challenges. They had a substantial boost in battles and have a chance to provide some decent hourly rewards.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Alright thanks I'll look into it
Now being mastered is all 5 stars for each one?

The thing to pay attention to is the number next to the kingdom name. You get one point for each troop leveled to 15 and another point if you beat all the challenges (5 stars on every challenge). If you tap on the kingdom button there is a question mark button showing the bonuses for each point.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Bandire posted:

So what is everyone using as the fourth troop with the Alchemist/Banshee/Valkyrie trio? I've been using Tau, and he gets charged up huge but doesn't live long.

Treant - He uses blue and green to wipe all brown from the board for a huge attack and armor buff.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Sometimes when a unit's ability is activated and 'flips over' there's a number that appears where the mana orb usually is; does anyone know what that signifies?

Magic skill level

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
If you are looking for super fast matches to grind gold/trophies, over the last day Ive been using:

Webspinner
Goblin Shaman
Hobgoblin
Goblin Rocket

Each match only lasts a minute or two. Terrible for souls, but if you have the gold boosting armor, this is a great way to get a ton of cash and level up.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So... what would be considered a battle(for login)? Looks like doing a treasure map doesn't count. I guess defense, invade or quest?

I think defense or invade only.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

FadedReality posted:

What are people running as defense? I'm trying out:

Alastair
Drake Rider
Vampire Lord
Stone Giant

to see if I can get the AI to start working out some automatic gem conversion and extra turn 4 match combos.

You actually want to lose when people invade you. The defend matches are awesome because they always cost 50 gold.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
There are currently two spots open in my guild (Tigerclaw, ranked #5) to whomever wants them. The guild is open (no invite necessary), but it's set to a minimum level requirement of 100.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Hero - Sun & Moon
Ragnagord
Soothsayer
Druid

Ive been using that team since the patch, and its ridiculously overpowered. If you are lucky enough to have pulled the new hydra legendary, replace the druid with it for even more overpowered shenanigans.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Another stupid team:

Brian the Lucky
Sunweaver
Anything
Anything

When playing on a level 10 kingdom, if Brian gives magic to Sunweaver, the Sunweaver can give himself 13 mana, attack, and armor every turn. This fills up Sunweavers mana, so it can be used turn after turn to boost him to stupid, unkillable levels.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Wolfsbane posted:

Yeah, I should probably try some more teams. I've been using Valkyrie\Treant\Herdmaster\Alchemist and it works fairly well, but there's no real way to do damage outside of powering up the treant and waiting for the Valkyrie to die. I have Satyr and he seems OK, but the damage is really low.

Move the Treant to the first slot. Its ability gives it armor to keep it alive. Alchemist powers Valk, so it should be above Valk as well. I would go Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Herdmaster (And when you get Banshee go Treant/Alchemist/Banshee/Valkyrie).

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
They last until they're completed.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

This new Green Slime unit looks pretty useful, but I seem to be unable to level it up for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

Its a bug. Its happening on all platforms.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I bought one of those fairly expensive packs, I think the novice pack or whatever for 29.99 when this game first came out, and apparently that only puts me at VIP level 2. And hear I thought the retroactive VIP level thing would be decent.

There is a bug right now with awarding VIP points for a few specific packs. Your VIP level might change in the next couple days.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Lately I've been using:

Abhorath (1 trait)
Valkyrie (3 traits)
Green Slime (1 trait)
Keeper of Souls (1 trait)

Even without the traits the team was doing really well. With the traits, the team is destroying pretty much everything, and the soul bonuses from Valk and Keeper are awesome.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I have a spot open in my guild if someone wants it. The only requirements are to hit 30 trophies a week and be above rank 100. Currently the guild is ranked #4.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
My guild (Ranked 5th currently) just opened up a couple spots. If you are ok with having the requirements of 30 trophies a week and donating 30k gold a week, let me know and I'll get you an invite.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Its not bad. Just by hitting PvP rank 1 every week gets you the trophies, and 30k gold comes pretty quick. Plus its nice getting a ton of keys, gems, etc all the time.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

gromdul posted:

I don't have 250 wins in one class. Clearly I need to poop more.

You don't need to have the hero on the team to rack up wins for the class weapon. As long as you have a class select on the hero page, a win with any team counts.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
A couple fun teams:

White/Green banner

Alchemist
Green Seer
Hero with Yasmine's Chalice (priest class for bonus)
Rowanne

Red banner

Alchemist
Moloch (needs 3rd trait)
Moloch
Mercy

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I think the default chance for a kingdom tribute is something tiny like 1%.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

Probably the best progression is to get 50 gem armor asap, then save for the 500 gem armor, and then I'd say get regular gem chests, not event chests. Event chests are more expensive and I don't think they have any better chance of getting a legendary.

This.

And for the armor, stick with gold bonuses. Because its used to level kingdoms and complete guild tasks, its way more valuable than souls or exp. Plus, its pretty easy to make a soul farming team.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Grundulum posted:

The Silent One is one of the few legendary troops I am still missing, and it's in event chests this week. Should I be spending gems on 10-packs of event keys, or am I better off continuing to buy 50-packs of gem chests? The absolute number of keys is pretty low -- 450 gems is only 30 event keys compared to 50 gem keys -- but any legendary I got would be either a celestial traitstone or TSO.

If you aren't going to whale out, I would buy gem keys. Even if you don't get the troop you want, you'll get a higher quantity of cards that'll help you ascend the troops you already have.

Although, sometimes drop rates suck regardless. I didn't get a Sheggra until I was level 498.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Haven't looked at challenges at all yet, I only just recently unlocked all kingdoms and am now working on leveling them to level 5.
On the bright side I saved up enough diamonds for the 500 gem gold armor, so this should be a little less painful with some pvp battles giving 1000 gold now.

Couple questions:
Are there any even better ways to farm gold?
Can you get runic traitstones from challenges? Or just from the reward packs?
When a trait says "gain 5 to all skills", what does that mean? Everyone in my team gains +5 for their magic attacks? Or just that card? Or does he also gain Health, Attack and Armor? What about abilities that say enemy team loses 2 random skills?
Should I always ascend cards I have 6+ copies of?
How should I spend my souls? Is it worth it working towards Kingdom stars, focus on cards I'm using right now, level my hero, or just save them?
What do you do with classes? I just warlorded 250 battles, I understand there's no additional rewards beyond that. Is there merit to leveling other classes and gaining their legendary weapons?

That's all for now, I think. Thanks. :)

PvP is the best way to farm gold. For the 500 gem armor, get the 100% gold one.

The traitstone you get from any match will be a stone that belongs to the kingdom. Which level stone (minor, major, runic, arcane) you get is random. Celestials also drop randomly from any match.

For the trait, which troop are you referring to?

Always ascend.

Spend your souls on whatever team you are currently using. Once they're all maxed out, start looking at other teams to build up. If you are using your hero, level him up too. But, don't waste souls on just leveling something to get closer to the next star level for a kingdom.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Thanks. The last trait from Gar'Nok says "gain +5 to all skills if in last position" and I have no idea what that means, since cards only have 1 skill, the magic one, right?

that means that he'll (and only him) get +5 to life, armor, magic, and attack.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Neat. My first thought was "wait, why do you have a higher chance of getting a 3 kingdom tribute than a maxed player" but then I kinda figured how propability works.

Also, the new Spring Imp seems kinda good? Entangling is one of the most annoying status effects for sure. Also one other thing I wondered, can you get the old Imps in packs or are those event only?

The other imps are available in the packs. As far as I know, there aren't any cards that have been removed from the chests.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Bandire posted:

They should increase the breadth of the reward brackets by a factor of ten. If getting to tier 1 pvp doesn't even come remotely close to extra rewards, then something is wrong. Especially now that they more than doubled the number of fights it takes to hit tier 1.

The current tier 5 gives about the same rewards as the old tier 1. Everything past that is a bonus.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Grundulum posted:

If you make more than 225 gems in a day, please tell me which guild you're in.

Most of the top ranked guilds are pulling this in. Most of my guild donates a bit heavier on mondays, and I've gained around 700 today.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
The next mythic troop is in the troop list. Go to Troops, Show All, then look for Famine. Looks interesting.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

Ugh, instead of getting any of the many useful legendaries I'm still lacking (Bone Dragon, Moloch, Psion, Gorgotha, Celestasia, Maw) my "luck" kind of bunched up and dropped a Famine in my lap. I mostly think the new mythics are a bunch of slow and bloated crap, but... did anyone else here get him, and thinks he's worth running in a team, and what team would that be?

My current Famine team:

Knight Coronet
Green Seer
Alchemist
Famine

All troops are mythic and fully traited. The only team that causes trouble is a Maw/Mercy team if mercy can get lucky with that first move.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Oenis posted:

What banner is this? Yellow/Brown? I'm still lacking 1 Arcane for the third trait on Coronet, but I want to save the team for later.

I'm using yellow/brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Decided to wait a day to pick up guild task rewards. Already have around 5 people in the guild that have donated over 500k for the week.