Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I could use an invite for DEPENDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
If there is still room in one of the bigger guilds I'd like to jump in one, only 3 active people left in Acme now. Invite code: DEPENDS

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I'm level 70 and earlier I was defeated by a level 11. When I tried to defend, the gems screen and opponent portrait wouldn't load. Not sure what that was about.

It's annoying that 90% of my defends seem to be against people twice my level at 140ish or more which just makes it suck.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I changed my hero weapon out the other day and now it's changed to something else and I can't figure out how to get it back. The weapon it switched to has a little lock icon on it.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I still can't figure out how to change my weapons. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but on the team hero page all the weapons are displayed but the one that is currently active has a locked icon and there is no option to change it when I select the other weapons.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Getting so tired of Deep Borer with 3 Rock Worm teams. It's the only team I just close the game on and I have been seeing more and more of them lately.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Jibo posted:

It's hilarious watching a team of rock worms do literally nothing as you collect all the brown mana, though.

4 rock worms I can handle no problem unless they get a lucky match, only needing to deny 1 color isn't too bad. 3 worms with a deep borer I have yet to beat. I can't take all the brown, red, and blue gems. A couple red/blue matches and the brownsplosion starts and never ends.
If they weren't so tanky with the bonuses it wouldn't be as bad but the amount of extra hp they get is too much.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I had a match against 3 gem creators and a sphinx, was the longest most irritating match ever. They had almost no damage, only killed one of my guys with lucky skull drops. They just took turn after turn after turn not doing anything but rearranging and matching 4+.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I've been using the same crappy team for a while now, Hero, Ferit, Ranger, and Druid but for whatever reason it works. Yesterday when I looked I had 15 defense victories and 2 defeats.
Unsurprisingly both defeats were from goblin teams. I barely look at my revenge tab anymore because it's 99% goblin teams that take twice the effort to beat.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Grundulum posted:

Question came up in Gem Blossums chat, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try to fit my answer into 60-character phrases: what's the best way to get souls these days?

(1) Run a team with traited Valkyrie and another troop with the Necromancy trait (I am told that Necromany/Greedy/etc. all stack). Keeper of Souls is a popular choice, especially if you can get a Green Slime at the front. If all you want to do is grind souls, crank the difficulty to Warlord 3 or 4 and do some early challenges. You'll pull 100+ souls per run without too much trouble, and you're going to be earning traitstones by the dozen.

(2) treasure maps. Seriously. If you try to stop at green chests you'll probably spend a few minutes on each map and come away with 1000/60/20/3 gold/souls/glory/gems. Except the RNG has some extreme variance, so there are often times where I end up with 40+ glory or 120+ souls.

More discussion here:
http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/looking-for-a-fast-kill-valkyrie-team/3378

Edit: if you do decide to turn up the difficulty and do challenges, make sure to return it to its regular value when you start doing PVP again. All-goblin teams are irritating enough as it is, but when they all have 30 attack and 50 life it's terrifying. :magical:

But I expect my questions to be answered in the same manner they were presented! I donated 1000 gold to a souls guild task in protest of this outrage.

Should I buy the celestial armor? I have the dragon armor already but I was thinking of just getting the other one for soul farming.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
This was definitely up there on the list of sit back and watch the computer play by itself teams. I managed a couple turns at the beginning, after that it was just a slow but non stop chipping away at my hp 3 damage at a time.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Seems like a lot of gold stolen considering I was attacked twice just previous to this one and they both stole less than 70 each.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Grundulum posted:

How much uncollected gold did you have on your home kingdom? Was it 1100, or should it have been less?

Nothing uncollected when the big hit happened, about 3000 more collected when he hit compared to the other 2 smaller takes.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Grundulum posted:

I don't understand your response. My kingdoms generate 2500 gold per day for me, or about 105 per hour. For someone to steal 1100 gold, it would take at least 11 hours of accumulation without my checking for tribute. Is that what happened here? Did you not check for the better part of a day?
I meant that I'd just collected all my gold within the last 5-10 minutes because I was on and playing, so there was nothing waiting for me to collect. I did have a good chunk of gold ready to spend but it was only a few thousand higher than during the previous attacks.

It was just odd, the gold I've had stolen in an attack has never gone over 300 no matter how much I had sitting uncollected or built up unspent but usually it's well under 100.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Jibo posted:

Also they need to nerf the gently caress out of that scythe, or at least find a way to keep it in check in Arena.

I keep going up against teams with a higher magic Crescendo in the arena. Them doing 8 or 9 true damage to my low leveled guys sucks and can 1 or 2 shot most of my team.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Any idea why sometimes playing on my phone won't count as a login and I lose my consecutive daily progress? I always restart the app just in case but either I play only on my phone or only on Steam or I lose it eventually.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Griefor posted:

So PvP is getting a lot harder for me. Half of my opponents have massive stats (probably from Kingdom bonuses?) and half again of those come at me with 2+ legendaries ascended to mythical and fully traited. I can win against a slightly stronger team because going first is a big boon in this game and the AI isn't very good, but this is just impossible a lot of the time. Is it because my level (recently passed 150) put me in a different group? When just starting it was reasonably smooth getting to rank 1. I still get there eventually, but the opponents are so wildly apart from eachother in difficulty that winning feels more like a function of drawing the right opponent than of playing well. I either win easily or don't stand a chance from the start 80% of the time.

Guess the PvP overhaul will fix this, hopefully?

I'm about the same level as you and have been hitting the same problem. Half my defenses lately have been between level 300 and 450 and I just get stomped when I try to fight them.

Also, I swear it seems like 50% of the teams I invade are fully leveled and traited goblin teams and another 25% are just goblin teams that aren't maxed out yet.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Finally got to tier 1 in 58 matches. Too many for me to get it done at work like before. On the plus side, compensation bonuses.

Depends fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 30, 2016

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I'm 22/27 on defense from the last event which seems high compared to more planned out teams others have posted, am I just getting lucky with the people who select me?
I'm using the same team I've always used for attack and defense that I made as soon as I could cover all colors then never changed because I'm lazy. Warlord hero with Frost Reaver, Ferit, Ranger and Druid.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Somehow I have 2 losses now even though I haven't lost any since the reset. One appeared today while I was playing 3 matches, all of which I won and got credit for. I was 5/0 on defense today as well so they didn't come from that I don't think.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I'm constantly losing connection today on Steam, phone app is a little better but it takes a long time for anything I open and every match.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Could I get an invite for Salmonhands please?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Bandire posted:

I'm never disenchanting anything purple or higher ever again. I had several dupes of Epics and Legendaries that I got rid of before they let you ascend stuff. Eventually they will add something higher than Mythic, so I'm just going to save everything ever.

Yeah I accidentally clicked the sacrifice all extras button rather than the all of selected troop and sacrificed about 300 troops a couple days before they added ascensions.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Salmonhands said you can kick him from Boiz, it popped up a "hey you haven't played for a couple days" reminder and it apparently made him rage and uninstall (right after buying the premium armor...).

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
It said chest rewards are changing and I have about 7k keys across all types. Should I use them now or wait until update?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Did an arena run and didn't pull anything worth using, struggled my way through 5 fights then was matched up against a perfect lineup. After failing miserably I efforted through one more fight and got matched up against the same guy that beat me before. Somehow I pulled a extremely close win out, barely won one more match and then got matched up to the same guy again and lost. Very unlucky.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
How are people getting the bonus stats in the arena? Is it still the class bonuses?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Doc V posted:

Your hero gains an extra stat point every 100 levels or so until 2000.

I think I'm 200 but I have the same stats as most people I play against in the arena. It's only every once in a while I see someone with more which is why it stood out so much when I saw a level 1000 guy with 2 more attack and an additional HP.
I didn't know any of those bonuses carried over into the arena.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I don't think class perks have any effect on the arena anymore. It was a little broken when it did. My imperial jewel does the same damage as my level one Knight as one of the other classes at level 20.

E: baby dragon is a lot of fun in arena. Had one transform into a... Baby Dragon! Sheggra in arena is great!

E2: Baby Dragon's transform in arena gets the traits I have unlocked in arena. I Have a fully traited Celestasia.

Why does everyone use the jewel now, just because it's easy to fit into teams? Seems like most of the teams I go against lately are level 800+ with that jewel.

I really like doing arena runs and lately randoming that lava elemental usually means I win that run.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Emron posted:

They want power creep because they want you to have an incentive to spend money :tinfoil:

It's not even a power creep though, it's a power cliff. They gave Korvash enough skills/traits for 2 units. Mab does really good damage AND completely shuts down certain teams, give her freeze trait to another troop.
There's like a half dozen troops that almost every team will be using for the majority of their teams. It gets boring having the same fight over and over.

And yes, I'm just jealous because I missed out on both of them when they were easy to get.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I guess all I had to do was bitch about not having one, finally got a Mab from guild chest.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I'm used to seeing tons of level 800-1000 guys in the arena teams I fight and they'll normally have 1 or 2 more health, 1 or 2 more armor, and 8 or 9 attack vs my 7. Their weapon skills usually do 1 (rarely 2) more damage on average.
Today i fought a level 660 (so a little over 200 levels higher than me) who had around 6 more armor and hp, 4 higher attack and 3 higher magic.
I have no idea where his bonuses were coming from but his stats were the highest I've ever seen on an arena hero.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Yeah I saw a few others that were way buffed and figured it was something I'd missed.
I guess my hero just hasn't changed because I made this arena team before the week started.

Nevermind, had to level once to update my hero.

Depends fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 8, 2016

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
200 explorations in and only 1 lava traitstones found. Grinding is fun.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I almost lost to a guy running a Jarl with nothing else, the double elemental/giant buff made it ridiculous and it kept getting lucky chains.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Runic Blade is overpowered as hell in the arena now. 12 mana for 14 damage with +10 to all skills on kill which makes it 24 damage the next time.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Bandire posted:

I try to be a good sport and put up a defense team that fulfills the event requirements, but I want invaders to work for it. So far my Deep Borer***/Bombbot*** x2/Mechanist Hero*** Black Manacles team has won more that it has lost.

This has been my defense team for a long time and I'm pretty sure my defense win rate is above 50%, I'm curious to see how it does this week.

Anyone have a good "green team"? Does that just mean all 4 have to use green mana?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Antti posted:

Btw a fun combo I ran into was a team that boosted mythic-level bomb bots to outrageous levels of armour with tribal/trait bonuses from the word go. When they got enough mana and blew up they did something like 70 damage across the entire team. Have two of those and welp.

With the bonuses they get this week my bombots are doing an extra 12 damage each so I've been using them to attack as well as defend. With the mechanic hero trait that starts them at half mana it only takes one match to fill one and sometimes both.
The only thing that really sucks with them is the teams that summon on death or resurrect because I've just blown most of my team up.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Grundulum posted:

Invite sent to Gem Blossums. I know I only gave 23 hours to the other two goons, but I have an international flight in 7 hours and I'm not staying up for another hour.

Such a cruel tyrant.

I'm going to miss the week of massive bombots. Back to dragon attack team I guess.
Is Mist of Scales best naga explore for event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Lava Elemental always a good pick for arena when it's available, it'll one-shot most troops there, Fire Lizard not bad either.

So tired of seeing Runic Blade on every hero though, they get one kill with it and you might as well give up.