Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

FadedReality posted:

Last trip report in the Android thread Gem Boys was full up with actually active players with a 14 day inactive kick rule.

Someone with 3,000 gold should make a new guild so I can leave this pubbie one and stop showering ungrateful plebs with my gold donations.

I think it's only 1000 gold. I can make it if no one else will, anyone got a name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Gilok posted:

Goons of War

Already taken, apparently?

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Would like an invite (WALLETS) whenever the guild gets made.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

If you have a weapon you're interested in, you will want to focus on whatever color it is, as your mastery levels are what unlocks the weapons. Otherwise, it makes sense to spread them around evenly. A well rounded team is going to use most, if not all, colors so it's all beneficial. I'm sure someone will disagree though.

In other news, I created the guild "Gem Boiz" so you may see an invite from there.

I'll take an invite (WALLETS) if there's still spots.

TotallyUnoriginal posted:

How long does it take to get additional guild slots?

I think you only get one additional slot per guild rank.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Is the amount of glory you get each day for each of the PvP ranks listed somewhere? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, do guild tasks reset at the end of the day (or week or whatever), or do they stick around until they get completed?

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Bandire posted:

You get 16 per day at rank one. I would guess it works something like 17 minus your rank.

Thanks. That's probably correct, as I got 11 earlier for rank 6.

DaveWoo posted:

Edit: How many goon guilds do we have right now? I could create another, if there's enough demand for one.

There are three, but the latest one is only half full at the moment.

Edit: Also, does anyone know why there's a flashing exclamation mark on my invade button all the time? It's sort of annoying.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 18, 2015

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

I'll take an invite to that one - my code is DAVID_87.

I think it means you got invaded - try hitting the Defend button to see who invaded you. (Kind of counter-intuitive, I know.)

Invite sent, and that fixed it, thanks.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Gilok posted:

I don't know the stats on all those guys, but I'd probably put Grave Knight in slot 1 since he seems the most expendable, especially with your poison/true damage set up. I might even replace him with a better brown/purp. Hero either in slot two to cover when he dies, or in slot four to soak up "damage last enemy" powers.

Grave knight is the least expendable of the units he has, which I think is partially his point. Serpent and Valkyrie don't do very much to win you matches.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

delfin posted:

They can -- if they're feeding the right units. Say, Serpent feeding a Red unit with a good damaging skill or Valkyrie feeding a Blue one. The trick with Arena is balancing utility players like those or, say, War Sphinx with troops that simply hit hard. By going for a True Damage / Poison finesse game (which, granted, was based on the choices Arena gave me in the first place, which weren't great) I overspecialized and paid for it.

Occasionally, sure, but those utility units are largely useless if you don't have the right units to pair them with. Serpent, for example, is your first pick, so there's a high chance that you won't get anything for it to feed. Sometimes it's still the best of bad choices, but making your picks based on potential synergy isn't a sound strategy. I'd rather have a good unit with overlapping colors than a bad one that has a color to itself.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I find the troop window really loving awful for seeing what options you have available, and for some reason I can never remember what all of the gem colors are, so I made a google doc for tracking my troops:

And then I got sick of scrolling through the weapon list on their website to figure out what mastery I should pick for weapon unlocks, so I added a sheet that tells you what the next weapons you will unlock with each mastery are:

And then I added that arena pick order that's been floating around and a kingdom list because I kept having to find that post again to reference them:

Then I realized I had just spent a bunch of time on a spreadsheet for a video-game, so I cried for a while. I figured someone else might get some use out of it, though, so here's a link to it for anyone so inclined (you'll need to make a copy of it to edit it).

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Alright thanks I'll look into it
Now being mastered is all 5 stars for each one?

My team is pretty good. I think I got everyone except some epics and I got a whooping 0 legendaries. Go me

Staff of madness, alchemist, herd master and blade master is pretty drat solid team
I kinda want to drop blade master, staff plus herd does most my lifting, but not sure who I'd put in instead

The Epics you get for finishing the quests in Whitehelm and Mist of Scales are both quite good, if you haven't done that already.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone happen to know what tribute the new kingdom (Grosh-Nak) gives?

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

porktree posted:

I've got a few of these - is there any downside to converting all the dup's?

You're allowed to run more than one of a troop, but it's rather unlikely you'd want to, so not really.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Someone Awful! posted:

Any goon guilds out there with space wanna toss me an invite? Name is Sawful. Thanks :shobon:

Sent you one.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Just a heads up that the stats that show up in the guild roster have a bug: I didn't have time to play for most of the week, but I still opened the game to get the free daily gold, and then dumped it into guild tasks. I happened to check the guild roster on Thursday, and noticed that it said I hadn't donated anything this week, and that I hadn't been online for four days. Completing an invasion seems to make it catch back up, though completing treasure maps doesn't for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

gromdul posted:

It's not login, even though its called that. It's last match played.

I will hop on Steam later to do guild management for Gem boys. gently caress doing on my phone.

That may not be, but it not updating your donated gold seems like one.