Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
is my previously ultra racist conservative father supporting him doing work at a fair booth? my world is upside down. Ben Carson must be a messiah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Bill Cosby

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A house negro they can pretend to like to convince themselves they're not racist.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Darth123123 posted:

is my previously ultra racist conservative father supporting him doing work at a fair booth? my world is upside down. Ben Carson must be a messiah.

Because even plantation owners love a good Uncle Tom

See also:

Goatman Sacks posted:

A house negro they can pretend to like to convince themselves they're not racist.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Aug 17, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mirthless posted:

Because even plantation owners love a good Uncle Tom

See also:

The south was democratic, The north was republican, Lincoln was a republican.

The Ku Klux Klan is a democratic legacy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Cuba doesn't have much else going on.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
he's not herman cain and that is disappointing to me

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tenzarin posted:

:smug:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tenzarin posted:

fascinating

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The republican party's black friend.

They gotta show how they're not racist after eight years of ooga booga commentary about Obama.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Do you think the reason he's so popular is because he's the first already-famous black person to basically tell Obama to go gently caress himself in person at that one breakfast or whatever

Like if Danny Glover or something did it would he be running for president right now :raise:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I'd actually vote for Danny Glover but he's too old for this poo poo

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Ben Carson is actually one of the most successful doctors in the world. He was the first neurosurgeon to successfully perform a lobotomy on himself.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I've been meaning to ask, what is with this "start a sentence in the thread title, finish it in the first post" thing? Is it a GBS/FYAD thing, or is it a more widespread infection of the internet? :ohdear:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Whiskey Sours posted:

Ben Carson is actually one of the most successful doctors in the world. He was the first neurosurgeon to successfully perform a lobotomy on himself.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Whiskey Sours posted:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Whiskey Sours posted:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Whiskey Sours posted:

Also

Abner Cadaver II posted:

he's not herman cain and that is disappointing to me

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I've been meaning to ask, what is with this "start a sentence in the thread title, finish it in the first post" thing? Is it a GBS/FYAD thing, or is it a more widespread infection of the internet? :ohdear:

it's the forums equivalent of click bait

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

literally Uncle Ben

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OniPanda posted:

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

I'd take a Trump/Cain ticket (in either order) over something like a Carson/Cruz ticket. It's pretty hosed up that candidates that would be complete jokes in any other election cycle are starting to look reasonable in comparison to the sheer deluge of crazy we have on this go-around.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
ur dad hates fetal tissue outside a lady and taxes that make sense hth

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

OniPanda posted:

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I did a project on him in middle school science class for black history month. He did brain surgery and was p good at it. Boy did he do a zinger in his closing arguments at that debate.

that's my story, thanks for your time

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
doctors, much like engineers, have this thing where they think that being competent at A Thing means they are competent at All Things

its sad really

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

potato of destiny posted:

doctors, much like engineers, have this thing where they think that being competent at A Thing means they are competent at All Things

its sad really

the sad part is most regular people also think this of doctors and engineers

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

A Time To Chill posted:

the sad part is most regular people also think this of doctors and engineers

And engineers think they are more competent at science and medicine than scientists and doctors.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its amazing that he was both a neurosurgeon and the ceo of a successful pizza chain

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Anywhere in America I can get brain as a pizza topping?

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Anywhere in America I can get brain as a pizza topping?

The San Fernando Valley

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Lol, Ben Carson wants to use drones to kill illegal immigrants on American soil.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MrBims posted:

Lol, Ben Carson wants to use drones to kill illegal immigrants on American soil.

And I hope his head gets ruptured in a campaign bus accident.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Wolfsheim posted:

Do you think the reason he's so popular is because he's the first already-famous black person to basically tell Obama to go gently caress himself in person at that one breakfast or whatever

Like if Danny Glover or something did it would he be running for president right now :raise:

IMHO, more black people need to follow suit and tell obama (and the rest of the dems) to go gently caress themselves.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Something Else posted:

The San Fernando Valley

drat she is short.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I like Ben Carson because I think that he has the most potential to be a super villain

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Dr. "Reverend King" Ben Carson "Junior"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

MrBims posted:

Let's look at this in more detail.

@ Aug 19:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-border-drone-strikes

quote:

"You look at some of these caves and things out there one drone strike, boom, and they'd gone."

@ Aug 23rd he got mad at CNN for assuming he meant drone strikes when he clearly meant surveillance only.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._total_lie.html

quote:

BEN CARSON: It was quite clear what I was talking about. That drones are excellent for surveillance...

Those fences are so easy to scale, it is almost like not having a fence there. So drones can help with the surveillance.

In no way did I suggest that drones be used to kill people, and I said that to the media at the time.

I said you guys, some of you, are going to go out and say, "Carson wants to use drones to kill people on the borders."

How ridiculous. At some point I hope we have some responsible media which actually focuses on the problem: We have a huge security risk there. And talking to some of the sheriffs down there on the border... listen to the frustration. You should have them on your show and let them talk. About what is actually going on down there.

@ Aug 23rd he says he would use drone strikes on caves that illegals use
http://crooksandliars.com/2015/08/ben-carson-use-drone-strikes-border-caves

quote:

"There are caves that they utilize. Those caves can be eliminated. There are a number of possibilities -- that could be one of them," Carson told CNN's Jim Acosta Sunday on "State of the Union."

He added emphatically: "I'm not talking about killing people. No people with drones."

The loving idiot throws a fit because he said he'd use drone strikes, and says the media got it wrong, that he only meant it for surveillance, and then clarifies once again that he meant strikes on caves and things.

Doctor Butts has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Aug 25, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Butts posted:

Let's look at this in more detail.

@ Aug 19:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-border-drone-strikes

@ Aug 23rd he got mad at CNN for assuming he meant drone strikes when he clearly meant surveillance only.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._total_lie.html

@ Aug 23rd he says he would use drone strikes on caves that illegals use
http://crooksandliars.com/2015/08/ben-carson-use-drone-strikes-border-caves

The loving idiot throws a fit because he said he'd use drone strikes, and says the media got it wrong, that he only meant it for surveillance, and then clarifies once again that he meant strikes on caves and things.

well blowing up a few holes in the ground will certainly solve the immigration issue don't you see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
He's black Jesus. Pay your taxes tithes unto him

• Locked thread