Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
tip 1: first of all you'll only have the yellow box... don't worry. Keeping this box equipped in the conveyor belt maze will result in you finding the red box
tip 2: for the first few branches, taking the red path will return you back to the start. don't be afraid to stay on the yellow path for a while before switching
tip 3: there's an item box you can't reach next to a conveyor belt. remember this - you'll be able to reach it sometime in the next level

Hope this helps anyone who's having trouble with the conveyor belt maze in metal gear solid on the game boy color. catch you later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If I ever play this I will remember these tips.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What about the conveyor belt maze from Chrono Trigger?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

If you're talking about the one in the Factory, the secret is: don't even bother with that room, it's full of unskippable fights and the rewards suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Another tip: Enter the password L A R A to stop Lucca's deadly conveyor belt from destroying her mother's legs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you're talking about the one in the Factory, the secret is: don't even bother with that room, it's full of unskippable fights and the rewards suck.

I didn't know you could skip that. For years now, I always did it with every playthrough and groaned through the whole thing. The post-apoc future was the worse time period in CT.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
thank goodness. been stuck on this stupid puzzle for ages

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I didn't know you could skip that. For years now, I always did it with every playthrough and groaned through the whole thing. The post-apoc future was the worse time period in CT.
Nope, it's optional. And yeah. It feels like they didn't have time to finish it. Same with the prehistoric, but even more so. Like the thing with having Mammon Machine symbols all over the place, I feel like they were going to do something more with Lavos being alive in that time period.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Thank you sooooo much!!!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thanks buddy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Best time periods were definitely 600 A.D. and 12,000 B.C.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Best time periods were definitely 600 A.D. and 12,000 B.C.
The Magus Times

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Magus Times
I need to cancel my subscription to this newspaper, all the Op-eds just tell me how much of a weakling I am.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I need to cancel my subscription to this newspaper, all the Op-eds just tell me how much of a weakling I am.
Their 9/11 headline was not in good taste.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I only played the DS version of chrono trigger and I've heard it's an inferior port so I won't answer this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zfxVcfQv7w

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

no they will not posted:

I only played the DS version of chrono trigger and I've heard it's an inferior port so I won't answer this
I think it's supposed to be a good port, just that some people don't like the translation as much and the optional bonus dungeons are terrible.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

no they will not posted:

Someone C/D this I was gonna get this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

what pablo said. the game's still grea but the translation's not as good and the bonus dungeons are really bad and monster ranching sucks my rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

tip 1: first of all you'll only have the yellow box... don't worry. Keeping this box equipped in the conveyor belt maze will result in you finding the red box
tip 2: for the first few branches, taking the red path will return you back to the start. don't be afraid to stay on the yellow path for a while before switching
tip 3: there's an item box you can't reach next to a conveyor belt. remember this - you'll be able to reach it sometime in the next level

Hope this helps anyone who's having trouble with the conveyor belt maze in metal gear solid on the game boy color. catch you later

thank you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Finally some real scoops

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
glad for the tips, but i already beat this game with ease

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Average Bear posted:

if you've played the snes version of ct: just play that
if you haven't: its just fine even though their bonus stuff is pretty mediocre

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Love the posts, hope to see more, but the correct acronym is [CBC].

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

net cafe scandal posted:

Love the posts, hope to see more, but the correct acronym is [CBC].

???:raise:???:crossarms:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh holy Christ. He meant Game Boy Color, not Cardboard Box C. Kill me now.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
lmao

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Another tip: Enter the password L A R A to stop Lucca's deadly conveyor belt from destroying her mother's legs.

i failed this both in trigger and again in cross

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

or on the chronicles version L1 X R1 X

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

or on the chronicles version L1 X R1 X
In honor of Lucca's mother, Lix Rix.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

In honor of Lucca's mother, Lix Rix.

woolsey took some liberties with that one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

woolsey took some liberties with that one
In Japan, Terra was called Tina and Sabin was called R-66Y.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Japan, Terra was called Tina and Sabin was called R-66Y.

Aeris is actually supposed to be Aerith, as in Battlefield Aerith, Yoshinori Kitase's favorite book.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I'd like a couple more tips please, if it's not too much trouble.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I don't have any more tips for the conveyor belt maze.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Thanks for the tips OP.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Thanks for the tips OP.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I'll give you more than just the tip. gently caress you!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread