Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Glum do you know, or can you say if generated rookies are going to just have random tattoos all over them or will their be some logic applied?

I really hope year three of every season isn't filled with face tattoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No where near my territory, so I can't really help you there

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The Duggler posted:

Glum do you know, or can you say if generated rookies are going to just have random tattoos all over them or will their be some logic applied?

I really hope year three of every season isn't filled with face tattoos

That's what I wanna know too. It's awesome that they finally overhauled the tattoo system, but it's going to be even worse for franchise mode if every white guy has a shaved head, blonde mutton chops, and a giant tattoo on his scalp.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Inside Outside posted:

That's what I wanna know too. It's awesome that they finally overhauled the tattoo system, but it's going to be even worse for franchise mode if every white guy has a shaved head, blonde mutton chops, and a giant tattoo on his scalp.

That's a feature not a bug.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope one of the historic teams is the wizard team with agent 0 swaggy p and Mcgee

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I get 2k games releases free on steam. Do you need a game pad for this? I would love to try love hoops again and give the wolves a finals win.

And move to ps4 if I like it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Dubious posted:

I get 2k games releases free on steam. Do you need a game pad for this? I would love to try love hoops again and give the wolves a finals win.

And move to ps4 if I like it.

Yes you absolutely need a gamepad. Although playing with a keyboard would be hilarious.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Spacebump posted:

I just read that 8 of the 12 new classic teams are now known.
12-13 Heat
03-04 Pistons
07-08 Rockets
99-00 Raptors
07-08 Celtics
00-01 Lakers
02-03 Mavs
99-00 Blazers

Really curious who the last 4 will be. I would expect a Nash Suns team if they didn't include the 03 Mavs. Anyone have any guesses? (I'm assuming the new teams will be from 99-00 or later)
edit: Maybe the 11-12 Thunder.

It'd be rule cool if in myPlayer, you could start as a European prospect at the bottom of a Euroleague bench.

Please let it be a Nash Suns team...

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So we don't have a NBA Live thread (probably with good reason), so i'll just post this Live 16 footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2V27GReMI

Overall it looks way better than the last Live game, but the animations and the way the players move around is still kind of bad looking

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That looks pretty bad tbh, not like it matters to me since it's not on pc.

The animations and stuff look really weird and stiff for basically everything.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 29, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

There's nothing bad about that video at all. I've been hoping for a long time Live would become relevant again even though I've loved 2K since the start. Some poo poo iN has been annoying me for so long like the input lag and terrible online and animation abuse. Long as Live isn't a glitch fest I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

The Duggler posted:

So we don't have a NBA Live thread (probably with good reason), so i'll just post this Live 16 footage here:

Overall it looks way better than the last Live game, but the animations and the way the players move around is still kind of bad looking

Thankfully theres an autistic guy commenting over the video.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Duggler posted:

I'll add it to the op, I think the ball mechanics look pretty cool but I can't tell if they are more realistic or just something different and interesting. The player movement looks weird and, at least in the video, it looks like fast breaks and drives are WAY easier, which I don't think is a positive.

Honestly, this engine looks like it'd be better for a 3-on-3 street-type game with the high bounces off the rims and the jump passes down the court.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I would buy and play the poo poo out of a new NBA Street.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Did they fix the face scan technology so I don't look like I have skin cancer? Or have to scan my face 100 times to look half way normal?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Inside Outside posted:

That's how all white people look though

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK2FUST36hE

Also a blogpost on OS to go with this video from lead dev Mike Wang:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2322/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-mike-wang/

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 2, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My hype level is through the roof now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I really cant explain how much better the defense and rebounding is this year, the gameplay team did a great job this year

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I really cant explain how much better the defense and rebounding is this year, the gameplay team did a great job this year

It looks and sounds amazing. they mention the post play was reworked again, I'm excited for that ( I like playing PF or C in mycareer).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Try anyway

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

The Glumslinger posted:

will i be able to average 10+ rebs a game as a tall, athletic pg with 0 pts in reb skill?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If I average triple doubles out of the gate in myplayer will my coach still say I suck and need to do better?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I hope so! Defense feeling sluggish was a big downer last year.

Just the fact that there will be some long rebounds makes it pretty awesome, I don't think I saw a single long bounce in 2k15.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I really hope there is a grit badge this year

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
04-05 Suns and 05-06 Heat are in. I wonder what the last two teams will be. I wish it was the 11 Mavs but I don't think they are going to get two classic teams. My current guesses are one of the Kobe/Pau Teams and the OKC Finals team.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

hopterque posted:

It looks and sounds amazing. they mention the post play was reworked again, I'm excited for that ( I like playing PF or C in mycareer).

I prefer being an interior defender as well since it seems like wing players can just randomly decide to blow by you with no rhyme or reason.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2323/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-scott-ogallagher/

Full write up the changes to our in game defensive AI

There should be another one this afternoon on the changes to playcalling and freelance offenses

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 4, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2323/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-scott-ogallagher/

Full write up the changes to our in game defensive AI

There should be another one this afternoon on the changes to playcalling and freelance offenses

Can you do a write up on releasing the game now so I can play it already, fuckkkk.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

hopterque posted:

Can you do a write up on releasing the game now so I can play it already, fuckkkk.

Pre-order and get it 4 days early :v:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah but that's still weeks away, poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

PC too?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

PC too?

Yeah, it even says so on the steam page.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hmm. I wonder if I'll get it 4 days earlier since my account gets 2k games for free.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
And here is the blog on the changes to offensive AI

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2324/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-da-czar/

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently the big career mode reveals are gonna start coming in on thursday, finally!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqMSLJQD8k

One thing I noticed about this video is that the crowd seems to be 100% completely frozen?

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 9, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Myteam blog is up:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2331/nba-2k16-developer-blog-myteam/

e: the new mode sounds interesting and all the historic teams in domination is cool.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 9, 2015

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Lot of decent additions, I'm not thrilled that Domination seems to be the same as last year. It encouraged you to play in a completely unrealistic way (always go for assists, take one three pointer and if you hit it no more, let the AI take uncontested shots so you have more time) so you can rack up the MT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Lot of decent additions, I'm not thrilled that Domination seems to be the same as last year. It encouraged you to play in a completely unrealistic way (always go for assists, take one three pointer and if you hit it no more, let the AI take uncontested shots so you have more time) so you can rack up the MT.

Yeah but I only found that stuff really necessary in the last 4 or 5 teams, before that I was able to just play (with some extra focus on fast breaks and assists and stuff but still). We'll see if they've changed the formula up at all.

• Locked thread