Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paulocaust posted:

Or they could take the dumb poo poo out of the game so the user isn't annoyed while playing. As cool as being able to relocate a team is (although is broken and dumb as gently caress too) I'll gladly trade a feature like that just to have the sim run smoothly and quickly. If you want to have a version of MyGM that is painstaking and day by day, that's fine and I would totally be into that, but I would also like the option to fly through full seasons.

Try out MyLeague instead

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Illinois Smith posted:

Basically just keep checking for what the other GMs will give you for your role players / bench warmers / unhappy players every few games and you'll amass a shitload of picks in no time.

This is why you got fired, Hinkie

The Glumslinger posted:

Try out MyLeague instead

Yeah, do this. It's a better mode. All the stupid trades without the GM RPG stuff, or the stupid Jedi Mind trick BS

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Explain yourself

https://twitter.com/ben_topper/status/748288695686537217

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
So I made a 7 foot center and was working the athletic stat in my career deal.

Yesterday I get on and Im playing some guy named tyrone wilkins. Restarted and same thing. Finished the game and once back too the court it was back too my character, only now I am 6'3 and a point guard. Stats were much more spread out.

I had no other saves, dont know wtf.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That sucks. I occasionally get bounced back to freshman in online play when someone ragequits but it always resets after the next game.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Is it just me or is there a very odd lag in mypark? I swear I'm getting the releases either perfect or drat close but my shot feedback is giving me like a D. poo poo is supremely irritating.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
me and '00 vince carter are in love and def getting gay married

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

me and '00 vince carter are in love and def getting gay married
Classic Raptors are one of my favorite teams to gently caress people up with in online play. The trick is to start Doug Christie at PF, because if you don't you can't sub him in for that position during the game for some dumb reason, like you can't just slot Shaun Livingston in at SF with the Warriors.

Oh, and also Muggsy is loving useless in 2K so I usually start Dee Brown at PG.

It's one of those teams nobody online uses, so catching them unaware with the VC / T-Mac double punch and just dunking all over LeBron's stupid face is super fun. So much ragequitting.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 4, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I wish 2K would do off-season roster patches, I can't wait 4 months to play online as this crazy-rear end Warriors team!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Illinois Smith posted:

I wish 2K would do off-season roster patches, I can't wait 4 months to play online as this crazy-rear end Warriors team!

Unless something new changed, the usual top fan rosters are always better.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can you guys put an Easter egg that insinuates thar Durant is a bitch

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Metapod posted:

Him being on the Warriors roster will be enough

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

I'll tell the guy who writes all of the social media

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

I'll tell the guy who writes all of the social media

Thank you

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Remember when his real name was in the game for awhile? Hope he got compensated for the lost podcast brand building opportunity...

It would be great in GM mode to have a way to tell someone that their role is to be 6th man or backup in general. Sucks having to constantly remind whoever is behind Lillard that, no, they are not going to be moved to the starting lineup.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know if you're allowed to answer this but how do you guys come up with ratings for rookies? It's a question I've always wondered

Ecstatic Elastic
Oct 30, 2008

She's just spun
Preordered 2K17 Legends Gold because I hate money. :ohdear: Here's to hoping I don't regret everything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe one day they'll fix the bug where offfline literally prevents you from upgrading badges

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just recently got this game since PSN was giving it away. It's the first BB game I've had in years.

I'm about 12 games into the second season of my career and uhhhh so is it supposed to be that you're on a team that is a bunch of idiots on defense? I don't really follow the NBA too much but I'm on the Bucks so maybe they just have horrendous D?

I'm a PG and get good grades and score over 20 with many assists each game. Offense certainly has times it's stupid but I routinely get blown out of games because the team just doesn't play defender. Just lost to the Cavs by 30 loving points 140-110.

Like the AI doesn't seem to care. Am I missing something? Or should I just get off the Bucks?

I'm only playing on pro I didn't think this should be an issue.

Thanks!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

JetsGuy posted:

I just recently got this game since PSN was giving it away. It's the first BB game I've had in years.

I'm about 12 games into the second season of my career and uhhhh so is it supposed to be that you're on a team that is a bunch of idiots on defense? I don't really follow the NBA too much but I'm on the Bucks so maybe they just have horrendous D?

I'm a PG and get good grades and score over 20 with many assists each game. Offense certainly has times it's stupid but I routinely get blown out of games because the team just doesn't play defender. Just lost to the Cavs by 30 loving points 140-110.

Like the AI doesn't seem to care. Am I missing something? Or should I just get off the Bucks?

I'm only playing on pro I didn't think this should be an issue.

Thanks!

That's pretty much the case, yeah. Your team definitely does affect how often they go retarded, ie Warriors will be less frequently bad than the Lakers, but the Warriors will still have their paint-eating games.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Away all Goats posted:

That's pretty much the case, yeah. Your team definitely does affect how often they go retarded, ie Warriors will be less frequently bad than the Lakers, but the Warriors will still have their paint-eating games.

Fun.

I also super enjoy bricking wide open FGs on A rated shots. :thumbsup:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

JetsGuy posted:

Fun.

I also super enjoy bricking wide open FGs on A rated shots. :thumbsup:

Happens in real life all the time tho.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Dexo posted:

Happens in real life all the time tho.

Absolutely. Just really frustrating how often my guy does it but I guess that's because my stats aren't too good.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
You can brick green-lit shots too. It's obnoxious but that's how things are.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
It's very aggravating how often a wide open 3pt shooter in the corner will take a half step inside the arc before receiving the pass, like JJ Redick, Kyle Korver, Kawhi instead of setting up in the corner want to take 20 foot long 2s constantly.

also 20%+ of online MyTeam RTTP have the opponent doing some fuckery so the game exits, "game arbitration is taking a long time would you like to cancel" or w/e, you have no choice but to have a forced loss from this lovely coding

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ragle posted:

It's very aggravating how often a wide open 3pt shooter in the corner will take a half step inside the arc before receiving the pass, like JJ Redick, Kyle Korver, Kawhi instead of setting up in the corner want to take 20 foot long 2s constantly.

also 20%+ of online MyTeam RTTP have the opponent doing some fuckery so the game exits, "game arbitration is taking a long time would you like to cancel" or w/e, you have no choice but to have a forced loss from this lovely coding

Generally if you push the analog stick out away from the three point line(when behind it) when passing they will take a step back. Generally.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I want defense to mazsively improve. Picking it up again, gently caress the ai everytime they refuse to do transition defense after a madr basket.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm *starting* to actually win (or at least be competitive) in MyCareer games now. The formula of success is that I have to score 35+ points a game and get ~10 assists. It also helps to get >5 RBs.

It sincerely seems like my teammates are playing better the better my attributes are. It's :psyduck:.

I am still only on pro though until I can consistently win. I'm still really frustrated at a few things like how loving retarded the AI is on both sides of the ball. Don't even get me started on how loving annoying the grading is. I can live with the losing a full loving grade for a TO w/a score, but the DEFENSIVE BREAKDOWN poo poo is bullshit 75% of the time.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also do the connections ever get so mad at you that they just become unavailable? The stat boosts you get in LIVE PRACTICE are often too good to pass up. Same reason why I still haven't done any endorsements. No, I will not give up my next 4 free days just for a few hundred coins. gently caress off.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Well the more of a certain endorsement you do the more they'll pay you. I just finished up the Jordan one last week and got something like 5000 vc for 3 appearances. Plus all of the Jordan sneakers are free for me now, even custom ones I create!

I'm pretty sure you can do different endorsements on different characters as well, so you could effectively unlock all the shoes for free for mypark by going onto a second character and finishing the adidas one etc etc.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
/ get mauled on layup

/ No call

/ Breathe on AI shooter

/ Foul called

Over and over and over

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So the nba?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
just wait until you max your defence stat and get a reputation as a defensive stopper and then you can undercut people and jump into them as they shoot 3s for nocalls

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

So the nba?

:golfclap:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

JetsGuy posted:

It sincerely seems like my teammates are playing better the better my attributes are. It's :psyduck:.

One thing the AI does really well is adjust, so if your guy is a lovely shooter you might get the D sagging off or over-helping when you're on the perimeter. Once you start getting better, you are probably getting a lot more double-teams on drives or they might be icing you off screens, which means your teammates have more space.

That's another thing that I see people get frustrated by, they'll have a "go-to" play to score, but eventually the AI will get wise and if the player doesn't adjust you'll start getting stonewalled.

Generally I am not a big fan of the myCareer, but when playing as a team I found you can usually fix the AI by just playing whoever is the rim protector on Defense and let the AI handle the perimeter.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, I don't know why so many people who are new to this play like 99% myplayer. It seems useful to learn the controls and such but why wouldn't you rather get used to those by playing as someone who doesn't suck?

I generally don't get that mode though, it seems really boring to rely on 4 AI-controlled players to not be idiots. At least if you play as a PG you're always initiating the offense, the one time I tried playing it as a SF this year was about the most boring 2K experience I've ever had. I think I've made it through a full myplayer season once in the last four years of playing this.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 18, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They changed the double-team ai so that I always get super trapped at the start of games, because I average 20 assists.

Trapping me doesn't really stop me from giving easy assists...

I miss those two first weeks when spin-stop was the best move. I don't know how anyone can do the myteam objectives without those extra "post-up" points.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, I don't know why so many people who are new to this play like 99% myplayer. It seems useful to learn the controls and such but why wouldn't you rather get used to those by playing as someone who doesn't suck?

I generally don't get that mode though, it seems really boring to rely on 4 AI-controlled players to not be idiots. At least if you play as a PG you're always initiating the offense, the one time I tried playing it as a SF this year was about the most boring 2K experience I've ever had. I think I've made it through a full myplayer season once in the last four years of playing this.

Because if you want to play the fun modes like Park and Pro-Am you need to up your myplayer.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

But mypark isn't any fun either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I started playing MyLeague anyway once I realized that the coins are universal and coins I earn in MyLeague can be used on myCareer. I've been having more fun franchise moding it.

I just gotta figure out a consistent way to not bounce off defenders if they come within 5' of me.

• Locked thread