Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The formulas have been tweaked, but not drastically as far as I know

One feature that is barely mentioned that I love is the ability to buy contracts for an entire lineup at once. There are also a bunch of minor quality of life improvements that we've made throughout the UI to help out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

MyTeam is a mode I really wanted to like, but playing online against other people is such a drag of exploits that I probably won't even touch it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Inside Outside posted:

MyTeam is a mode I really wanted to like, but playing online against other people is such a drag of exploits that I probably won't even touch it.

Same, though they said they have worked on a number of the exploits from 2k15 (which was probably the worst year for them) so my hopes aren't completely dashed.

At least this year I hope the cheese moves are harder to pull off then simply running back and forth until the defense cant keep up

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rrvi2HrZ8

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just want 1P myteam seasons. That mode is dead to me without something other than the current Domination and assorted challenges.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

KDdidit posted:

I just want 1P myteam seasons. That mode is dead to me without something other than the current Domination and assorted challenges.

Well we added 33 historic teams to domination this year :shobon:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

KDdidit posted:

Tournaments against other players CPU controlled teams. Would own.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think we're releasing some MyCareer news either tomorrow or tuesday, so you guys should keep your eyes open. Still have a lot of awesome features that haven't been announced yet

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did anyone mention the last two classic teams are the 06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers and the '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves? So many fun teams in this game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I think we're releasing some MyCareer news either tomorrow or tuesday, so you guys should keep your eyes open. Still have a lot of awesome features that haven't been announced yet

From what I heard (from last weeks stream) was all the guys that got invited over get to talk about it tomorrow and then the full reveal is on tuesday because Ronnie and LD do a stream on tuesdays.

gently caress, I wanna play.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Career mode trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gTSmUB3_mI

Supposed to get lots of in depth info about it today too I guess.

e: All the poo poo is on operationsports already, I guess.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 14, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Speaking of which, here is part of said information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwBMoTkCDU

Short writeup to go with it
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2335/nba-2k16-mycareer-nba-details-and-off-day-simulator-video/

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 14, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Did anyone mention the last two classic teams are the 06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers and the '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves? So many fun teams in this game.

Big z and Scalabrine are in the game :stare:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4RduMyYOY

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So from what I'm reading the story mode part ends once you get to the nba?

Like, it ends completely, no more cutscenes, none of the stuff from the last couple games (especially 2k14) that continues your first couple of seasons?

e: Because I mean, it's overdone sometimes, but I like that stuff, it's what makes the 2k career mode unique after all, and if all that goes away after the first couple hours or whatever, well that's kind of a bummer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hopterque posted:

So from what I'm reading the story mode part ends once you get to the nba?

Like, it ends completely, no more cutscenes, none of the stuff from the last couple games (especially 2k14) that continues your first couple of seasons?

e: Because I mean, it's overdone sometimes, but I like that stuff, it's what makes the 2k career mode unique after all, and if all that goes away after the first couple hours or whatever, well that's kind of a bummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WsGrHzReo4

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, it's hilarious.

I mean, as much as Spike Lee has been hyped up I had expected more than just like, a prologue (not that the prologue stuff doesn't sound cool, but still).

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Oh my god

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Boogie is almost as good too, it's amazing.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Did they not do more than one take?

Hopefully that was the first take at least

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As much as it is a cut I'd rather have a very good prologue followed by a good if typical my career management game than a decent my career game with downright goofy cutscenes and all that were clearly done just to hype up "WE HAVE THESE NAMES LOOK AT THE NAMES".

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIqnwWqzkRc

It looks like an iOS game

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

But man the Production values are so good.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

So is MyCareer MyPlayer? Or is this something different?

quote:

MyCOURT is completely customizable, everything from the floors, walls, rims, backboards, nets, balls, lines, and so on can be modified, colored and upgraded

How much $$$ is that all going to cost me?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
The working prices seemed reasonable

But they look really cool, the art team did an insane job

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is the face scanning technology better or still the same old same old?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Holyshoot posted:

So is MyCareer MyPlayer? Or is this something different?

How much $$$ is that all going to cost me?

Mycareer is myplayer, yes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

If you are like me and need something to itch the basketball urge until 2k comes out, the NBA Live 16 demo is out on Xbone/PS4 now

NBA LIVE 16 report:

its fuckin trash

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 15, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Duggler posted:

It looks like an iOS game

What ios games are you playing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Nothing will ever live up to NBA Live 99. God that game was so good. Or I am just rose tinted about it because I was 13 at the time. I had some good times making my dude all 99 rating and carrying the team. Also playing that black guy with no name but number 23 on the bulls was good times as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMc7oh7FrOk

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside 2 was way better you scrub.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
2k Stream starting on the hourish here: http://www.twitch.tv/2k

Lots of info being discussed I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did they give back the ability to euro-step by double-tapping the shoot button

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
One thing I'd like to see is shaq and ernie in mycareer.

I've put almost 150 hours into 2k15 and the only times ive ever seen those two is when i walk away from the pc while the game boots up to go grab a drink or something, and it goes into demo mode before i get back.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Ahhhhh I want to play so bad, poo poo.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I hope we can play as college teams in exhibition mode, that'd be cool as heck.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Ahhhhh I want to play so bad, poo poo.

This is literally exactly what I wanted.

Yea the whole 'connections' system seems like a more organic thing than some pseduo-Mass Effect style 'after a few games a random star comes up to you and says a thing and you decide to go 'haha yea man' or 'nah'.' poo poo like juggling endorsements and professional connections (think I saw Gatorade CEO listed there?) with team relationships and training is exactly what I wanted.

If there's also the option to hang with your old high school buddies who constantly accuse you of 'changing man' it'll be pretty much perfect.

Also a customization 'hub' that has your awards and poo poo is great. Gonna live in that horrible tie dye neon hell.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
NBA Live didn't really do faces too good

I've always wanted to ball as Caveman Paul Reiser though:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dirk looks like he's watching his child be burned alive to the lord of light in that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Duggler posted:

"we"?

If you work for/at 2K can you please just tell me if I can change my jersey in MyCareer this time, I promise i won't leak the info to the FBI

You unlock the ability through the Connections system

• Locked thread