Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Hopefully very improved, we've worked a lot to try to make more stable and less laggy
What about the dumb exploits? (Half court charges, zig zagging on the 3 point line, spamming pause, baseline being a guaranteed dunk 90% of the time, holding charge under the basket on the park so you can't get boxed out for easy rebounds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Lot of decent additions, I'm not thrilled that Domination seems to be the same as last year. It encouraged you to play in a completely unrealistic way (always go for assists, take one three pointer and if you hit it no more, let the AI take uncontested shots so you have more time) so you can rack up the MT.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4RduMyYOY

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Oh my god

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Ddin't they already do the connections thing in the old games? You clicked some button saying you 'opened a school' or something and you gained more fans and thats it. I hope it'll be more fleshed out than that

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

jabro posted:

Anyone getting the Jordan Edition? Is the $20 worth the currency and Jordan stuff which I assume you can get ingame later anyways?

I think it's probably 'worth it' if you get the physical edition since you get some physical irl items, if you're getting the digital edition the only worthwhile things are the unique card (which is pretty low-rated) and the VC. Not sure how much $ to VC is but I imagine it's quite close in value.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

So is this game going to use VC again as currency to purchase upgrades/stats? I have like 100k leftover from 2k15. Does that carry over?

Probably and almost certainly not.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

What teams are you all going for? I'm planning as playing as a PG, was thinking about the Rockets or the Grizzlies but I'm open to suggestions on a fun team to play with.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Tae posted:

The team with two point guards is not A good idea to go to if you're Antony to play pg

I dunno if it's anything like the old game if you get good enough you push out the regular PG or force him to be a SG.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

"In MyCAREER, we have a new "Ask Out" feature that allows you to come out of the game, sim to end & still earn VC in blowouts. #NBA2K16"

FInally

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

The gameplay is actually pretty good this year, the dialogue is cringeworthy though

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

After a few more hours under my belt I've realised the gameplay isn't that much improved, there's still dumb quirks of the game that have been there for years and still haven't been fixed. Also I've started skipping every cutscene, they're atrocious.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Tae posted:

I don't know if it's a physics issue or an ai issue, but defenders recover way too quickly when hit by a screen. I mean, I'm talking about those solid blindsided animations that get you a second in previous games but they are already on you like glue.

I assume if I start doing fancy stick moves, it'd help but the button-only people are getting prejudiced :sigh:

Also, I still have no idea why there's two dedicated pass buttons. What's the use for the second one?

Y/Triangle is a lob pass, B/O is bounce, A/X is random.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Emery posted:

Also, MOVE THE BALL IT'S STICKING TOO MUCH

While waiting for your teammate to set a pick

Same as 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STAY DOWN!!!' every time you contest a shot that draws a foul.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

loving hell I just lost something like a grade and a half for missing 2 free throws.

edit: just lost another one after running a successful pick and roll in which I scored for'holding the ball too long'. I'm a loving playmaker, man, gently caress this retarded game.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 29, 2015

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Also how do I bounce pass to a guy I made do a pick and then he ran to the basket? I hit square and move the left stick towards him and it just throws the ball to my point guard.

This poo poo is ridiculous, I rack up about 4 turnovers from this garbage, I have the directional passing on too

I'm so disappointed in this years edition, nearly all the frustrating annoyances have not been changed, it's unbelievably lazy, I'd rather skip any semblance of story so I don't have to watch my player crossover into the defenders foot every loving game.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

epitasis posted:

why do i have to sit through time outs and poo poo basketball is slow enough as it is

i hate feeling like i have to puppeteer each individual limb idc about the animations lining up i just want my guy to go where i tell him when i want

Nothing better than your team conceding a basket, then some random teammate throwing you the ball to make the inbound pass, except you're nearly halfway down the court so you have to lope down the court to make the inbound while the other team sets up defense ruining any chance of a fastbreak. Same old poo poo, it's happened for years, this game is trash.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I like how this retard I control still does his dumb little dance after a bucket even though we're getting blown out by 20

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

hopterque posted:

No, the sim to the end button doesn't give you poo poo and skips the off day. If you're in a blowout (winning or losing, usually ~15 points up or down)) and it's the 2nd half you can ask out to the end and it specifically says you keep your VC, and you don't skip the off day.

You definitely get VC if you sim to the end of a match, even if it's your first touch of the ball. Even though the menu says you don't get anything for simming I've been getting about 600, it does skip your off day though. I'm probably gonna make a second character and rack up some VC on that before they patch it out.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I skipped nearly all the cutscenes, they were embarrassing.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

He's done both yep. It's got some support on the 2k subreddit at least.

Wow, I just read that post. What a dumb loving company.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

That patch is very encouraging

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

How do you cancel the lead pass where you hold down Y/Triangle?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

It's worth noting that (imo at least) the 2K games have a pretty steep learning curve, they're definitely frustrating with the lack of transparency and help at first.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Seltzer posted:

You'd probably do better without it, but not if it's broke dont fix it. I'm just saying by it's very nature the standard cam makes passing more difficult. I couldn't go back to it now that I switched to the 2k cam, it's just so much more intuitive. I definitlely would suggest it for beginners who aren't used to one play style or camera yet.

Yeah, if it works for him that's great but it'd make my brain melt, 2k camera is great

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

It's good if you don't sabotage the game by baiting the AI into retarded trades.

How do I do this, I am appalling at these modes

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

hopterque posted:

Gweetings, fwiends!-

lmao, i'm gonna be buying this game anyway because i'm weak willed but if I was on the fence those screenshots would definitely not encourage me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

holy poo poo

• Locked thread