Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's not actually an official trailer, btw. It's a fan creation using footage from some of the teasers 2k has released and old footage from 2k15, it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I really hope the online play isn't a barely functional mess, both in general and on PC specifically, but who am I kidding.

Glumslinger you guys make a really genuinely awesome game but balls up the online stuff every single year without fail and it sucks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If it's the same thing as the Pro-Am editor they specifically showed and talked about being able to upload your own images.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stacular posted:

I'm so excited to move a mediocre franchise to Seattle, go through ups and downs for 30 years, and subsequently move to Tulsa to establish a natural Oklahoma rivalry. I just want my virtual children to experience my heartbreak too.

I'm just gonna see if the game will let me move the Thunder back to Seattle, to be honest.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Seriously, I love these games so much but the online play is always loving incredibly broken.

e: The first real trailer is out!

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/635828861087838208

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 24, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I can't loving wait to play it looks great. Hopefully we get some more preview stuff about career mode so I can explode with hype.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

This legit owns a whole loving lot. God damnit if you guys just actually make the online work and maybe crush people with hacked mycareer dudes and stuff online this game is gonna own so hard.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 27, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That looks pretty bad tbh, not like it matters to me since it's not on pc.

The animations and stuff look really weird and stiff for basically everything.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 29, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I would buy and play the poo poo out of a new NBA Street.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My hype level is through the roof now.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I really cant explain how much better the defense and rebounding is this year, the gameplay team did a great job this year

It looks and sounds amazing. they mention the post play was reworked again, I'm excited for that ( I like playing PF or C in mycareer).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2323/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-scott-ogallagher/

Full write up the changes to our in game defensive AI

There should be another one this afternoon on the changes to playcalling and freelance offenses

Can you do a write up on releasing the game now so I can play it already, fuckkkk.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

Pre-order and get it 4 days early :v:

Yeah but that's still weeks away, poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

PC too?

Yeah, it even says so on the steam page.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently the big career mode reveals are gonna start coming in on thursday, finally!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Myteam blog is up:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2331/nba-2k16-developer-blog-myteam/

e: the new mode sounds interesting and all the historic teams in domination is cool.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 9, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Lot of decent additions, I'm not thrilled that Domination seems to be the same as last year. It encouraged you to play in a completely unrealistic way (always go for assists, take one three pointer and if you hit it no more, let the AI take uncontested shots so you have more time) so you can rack up the MT.

Yeah but I only found that stuff really necessary in the last 4 or 5 teams, before that I was able to just play (with some extra focus on fast breaks and assists and stuff but still). We'll see if they've changed the formula up at all.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I think we're releasing some MyCareer news either tomorrow or tuesday, so you guys should keep your eyes open. Still have a lot of awesome features that haven't been announced yet

From what I heard (from last weeks stream) was all the guys that got invited over get to talk about it tomorrow and then the full reveal is on tuesday because Ronnie and LD do a stream on tuesdays.

gently caress, I wanna play.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Career mode trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gTSmUB3_mI

Supposed to get lots of in depth info about it today too I guess.

e: All the poo poo is on operationsports already, I guess.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 14, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So from what I'm reading the story mode part ends once you get to the nba?

Like, it ends completely, no more cutscenes, none of the stuff from the last couple games (especially 2k14) that continues your first couple of seasons?

e: Because I mean, it's overdone sometimes, but I like that stuff, it's what makes the 2k career mode unique after all, and if all that goes away after the first couple hours or whatever, well that's kind of a bummer.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, it's hilarious.

I mean, as much as Spike Lee has been hyped up I had expected more than just like, a prologue (not that the prologue stuff doesn't sound cool, but still).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Boogie is almost as good too, it's amazing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Holyshoot posted:

So is MyCareer MyPlayer? Or is this something different?

How much $$$ is that all going to cost me?

Mycareer is myplayer, yes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
2k Stream starting on the hourish here: http://www.twitch.tv/2k

Lots of info being discussed I guess.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Ahhhhh I want to play so bad, poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Apparently 2kTV is back this year with some new poo poo, which is cool, it was pretty ok and gave out bonus codes last year so I'm down with that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Speaking of PC I wonder when the preload is gonna start.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Volkerball posted:

2k has some of the best offline content of any sports games. It's right up there with FIFA.

He means without the online connection stuff like VC, etc, I think. It has the best career mode and league and gm stuff of any sports game for sure.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Metapod posted:

I get you got to make the cover boys top players(as they should) but making them higher overall than kd is just silly

KD barely played last year, so I think it's fair. If he has a good year this year I'm sure they'll bump him back up a couple points over the course of the season with their roster changes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I hope launch goes well :ohdear:

Just as a piece of feedback by the way, I know your hype men (ronnie and LD and the crew) are trying to get hype levels to maximum with this continual dribbling of info and teasing stuff but by this point it's definitely gone a bit overboard. The game is gonna be out in like 2-3 days and we don't even have official info about all the game modes or in depth stuff about some of the ones that have been revealed, and that's pretty dumb.

I don't even know what part of 2k you work at or whatever but holy crap it's just annoying now.

Oh, and it would be nice to know when or if the PC preload is gonna happen.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

Is there a draft for sure? I hated having to just pick a team

There's a draft for sure, the whole point of spike lee's thing is following a superstar kid from high school to the nba.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Looks good, if you guys can make the servers not be incredibly unstable garbage this year.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

We all want them to not be garbage, but we all expect it at this point, it's happened every single year.

Also, hooray, the steam preload started, only 46 gigs (lol).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

The budget to make a server withstand 2k's opening week is probably enough to fund another tripe-A game

Oh I mean for sure it's gonna be an issue no matter what at first, but the servers and many online functions remain in various states ranging from "barely functional" to "completely broken" for the entire year, and if you play on PC like me it's almost always trending towards completely broken. But I hope this year is a pleasant surprise Glumslinger, it would be awesome to have it both be an awesome single player NBA game and be the awesome multiplayer game that it can and should be.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
From the official twitter: "You can now pre-load #NBA2K16 on @steam_games! You can play on Thur. 9/24 @ 9pm PST (midnight EST) if you pre-order! "

I was hoping for midnight local time or bst, but this is still pretty good.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Hmm, my 2k account apparently doesn't count as a pre-order so I have to wait with the rest of the people. Drats.

That sucks, man.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Are you loving kidding me lmao, what's the point of a ranked play system like that if you can buy your way up the ranks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Away all Goats posted:

What's the point of preloading when decrypting the files takes just as long as the download :negative:

If your internet is that fast you should know better (or if your hard drive is that slow). It's still generally worth it because you never know how the download servers are gonna be at the time of release.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

The store is one of the few server things that has been giving us trouble tonight and we're hoping to get it sorted out soon

What's the situation with preorder stuff on pc, as far as I know nobody has been granted it yet (or if it's supposed to be a key, steam isn't spitting it out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elenkis posted:

Unfortunately that's not what I'm experiencing. I'm getting the stuttering during gameplay and when it happens the game becomes unplayable.

The user reviews on Steam are currently "Mostly Negative".

So yeah, never preorder.

The user reviews seem mostly to whine about the bad keyboard controls (duh), how spike lee hates white people, how frequency vibrations is a stupid name, how sports games are garbage for idiots, etc though. Read the steam forum for the game if you want to see the kind of people who bombed it with negative reviews (they're insane morons, basically). Not that all the negative reviews are bullshit, but probably a pretty large percentage of them though.

It sucks that you're having stuttering, although something similar happened last year and they patched it pretty quickly IIRC, so there's hope.

I just want my preorder items though, some tasty cards for myteam would be nice.

e: Actually most of them seem to be about the keyboard controls. Who the gently caress plays games like this with a keyboard in 2015?

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 25, 2015

• Locked thread