Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As much as it is a cut I'd rather have a very good prologue followed by a good if typical my career management game than a decent my career game with downright goofy cutscenes and all that were clearly done just to hype up "WE HAVE THESE NAMES LOOK AT THE NAMES".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Ahhhhh I want to play so bad, poo poo.

This is literally exactly what I wanted.

Yea the whole 'connections' system seems like a more organic thing than some pseduo-Mass Effect style 'after a few games a random star comes up to you and says a thing and you decide to go 'haha yea man' or 'nah'.' poo poo like juggling endorsements and professional connections (think I saw Gatorade CEO listed there?) with team relationships and training is exactly what I wanted.

If there's also the option to hang with your old high school buddies who constantly accuse you of 'changing man' it'll be pretty much perfect.

Also a customization 'hub' that has your awards and poo poo is great. Gonna live in that horrible tie dye neon hell.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dirk looks like he's watching his child be burned alive to the lord of light in that picture.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volkerball posted:

i will go where i am drafted.

Pretty much. Last year I played a PG like literally everyone else in the world, maybe this time I'll try SF or something and just see who wants me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Holyshoot posted:

Can we download the additional content now? So when 9pm PST rolls around will I be able to play or do I have to download that additional 40gb?

Yea the 4 gig is the 'this literally is what you need to launch the game', the rest will download. You can go to it and press triangle and scroll down to details or something in the menu and see the download progress in terms of 4g/42g downloaded stuff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This is a joke right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't played 15 in ages so I'm eager to spend basically all of tomorrow eating poo poo as I try to remember how stuff works.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not gonna play till tomorrow but feel free to add me for mycourt nonsense later. I'm SirBadgington.

Also don't you have like, a white sister and a black sister or something in the storymode? I remember someone saying they did a funny rear end looking 'you have a mixed family' way to make it work but it just winds up looking like a weird 80's sitcom.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god I'm so bad at this game. Played a quick MyTeam game doing the most basic challenge and I got wrecked.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legit am having trouble picking between being a Shooting Guard or a Center for this My Career, all I know is I don't wanna be PG again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volkerball posted:

you..can change the name from frequency vibrations right?

Not till like season 2 apparently.

Also lol being a Center in high school rules. I'm just godzilla calling for passes while surrounded by two dudes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why am I losing grade because some other rear end got a penalty and it was a turnover. I passed to him, moved to a better angle, called, got ignored, and somehow it's my problem his dumb rear end just stood there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

Yeah it was pretty crazy IRL but something about the way they scaled him in game (since he's essentially just a normal sized player scaled down to tiny size) makes him look absolutely loving hilarious in game, especially in motion.

I'm kinda sad I didn't get him from the reward pack but I got Alonzo Mourning instead which is loving rad.

Hey man it's hosed up you're talking poo poo about the nba's first gnome player getting recognition.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is anyone else finding they lose the ball a lot all of a sudden? Never had the issue before but today farting around it feels like every time I get close to another dude the ball just poofs out of my hand and everyone is all 'what the gently caress was that'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spacebump posted:

I wasn't planning on buying 2k17 then I read about MyGM/MyLeague league expansion. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mygm-myleague-league-expansion/10153690401877267 Looks like I'll be buying this game again. Going to be nice to be able to add the Sonics without deleting other teams.
All this game needs now is more classic teams and a mode where you play classic moments like in 2k12 and 11.

yea I was kinda on the fence for 'do I want this at launch or maybe wait a little' but yea gently caress it I'll buy it at launch for something neat like that.

Totally agree bringing back classic moments would make it pretty much perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On the other side, I just saw some Gamescon footage and KD has arms that look like literal sticks, so it seems another year of not being able to decide between beefed up or scrawny baby boys as the base.

Game itself looks good, though, and obviously once things are moving and all it's less odd.

• Locked thread