Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just recently got this game since PSN was giving it away. It's the first BB game I've had in years.

I'm about 12 games into the second season of my career and uhhhh so is it supposed to be that you're on a team that is a bunch of idiots on defense? I don't really follow the NBA too much but I'm on the Bucks so maybe they just have horrendous D?

I'm a PG and get good grades and score over 20 with many assists each game. Offense certainly has times it's stupid but I routinely get blown out of games because the team just doesn't play defender. Just lost to the Cavs by 30 loving points 140-110.

Like the AI doesn't seem to care. Am I missing something? Or should I just get off the Bucks?

I'm only playing on pro I didn't think this should be an issue.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Away all Goats posted:

That's pretty much the case, yeah. Your team definitely does affect how often they go retarded, ie Warriors will be less frequently bad than the Lakers, but the Warriors will still have their paint-eating games.

Fun.

I also super enjoy bricking wide open FGs on A rated shots. :thumbsup:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Dexo posted:

Happens in real life all the time tho.

Absolutely. Just really frustrating how often my guy does it but I guess that's because my stats aren't too good.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm *starting* to actually win (or at least be competitive) in MyCareer games now. The formula of success is that I have to score 35+ points a game and get ~10 assists. It also helps to get >5 RBs.

It sincerely seems like my teammates are playing better the better my attributes are. It's :psyduck:.

I am still only on pro though until I can consistently win. I'm still really frustrated at a few things like how loving retarded the AI is on both sides of the ball. Don't even get me started on how loving annoying the grading is. I can live with the losing a full loving grade for a TO w/a score, but the DEFENSIVE BREAKDOWN poo poo is bullshit 75% of the time.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also do the connections ever get so mad at you that they just become unavailable? The stat boosts you get in LIVE PRACTICE are often too good to pass up. Same reason why I still haven't done any endorsements. No, I will not give up my next 4 free days just for a few hundred coins. gently caress off.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
/ get mauled on layup

/ No call

/ Breathe on AI shooter

/ Foul called

Over and over and over

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

So the nba?

:golfclap:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I started playing MyLeague anyway once I realized that the coins are universal and coins I earn in MyLeague can be used on myCareer. I've been having more fun franchise moding it.

I just gotta figure out a consistent way to not bounce off defenders if they come within 5' of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

The face in general is really hard to make in any medium of art

I'd just like better control over my nose. The profile/full on sculpting is somewhat helpful but I'd like it if I could have a nose that wasn't the size of the Chrysler Building.

• Locked thread