Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hope they bring back player fatigue displays without calling a timeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just read that 8 of the 12 new classic teams are now known.
12-13 Heat
03-04 Pistons
07-08 Rockets
99-00 Raptors
07-08 Celtics
00-01 Lakers
02-03 Mavs
99-00 Blazers

Really curious who the last 4 will be. I would expect a Nash Suns team if they didn't include the 03 Mavs. Anyone have any guesses? (I'm assuming the new teams will be from 99-00 or later)
edit: Maybe the 11-12 Thunder.

It'd be rule cool if in myPlayer, you could start as a European prospect at the bottom of a Euroleague bench.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 27, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

04-05 Suns and 05-06 Heat are in. I wonder what the last two teams will be. I wish it was the 11 Mavs but I don't think they are going to get two classic teams. My current guesses are one of the Kobe/Pau Teams and the OKC Finals team.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Did anyone mention the last two classic teams are the 06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers and the '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves? So many fun teams in this game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Inside Outside posted:

Okay now I am pretty hyped!

It's cool the game has colleges in it but I wish they had licensed the rights to more. Missing one of the cover athlete's schools is weird. Pumped for this game, maybe I'll finally play something besides Mario Maker again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

The servers will crash because that's what happens to every game now days

Every game not made by Nintendo.

I hope launch for 2k16 goes better than 15. Really excited to do a stacked MyLeague mode with tons of classic teams replacing current ones. Running the '03 Mavs franchise in the modern NBA is going to be a lot of fun. The plan is to keep Nash and trade back for Tyson Chandler. (or offer everything but Nash/Dirk if any franchise wants to trade a HOF center.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Duggler posted:

Why would you be playing offline?

My friends and I mainly play the NBA2k series offline. Either we are playing each other in exhibitions or doing GM/League modes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

YES! This video shows Kareem is back on the Showtime Lakers. Glad they will be worth playing as again. I'm probably going to end up having 3 Lakers teams in MyLeague mode. Does anyone else here stack MyLeague mode with as many all time greats as possible? Last year I basically traded anything but Dirk to get AI on the Mavs. Sending Dirk into retirement with a few extra virtual championships is a lot of fun. I don't think the fake Sixers enjoyed the careers of Monta and Parsons.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 23, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RBX posted:

Posting up has been hard as gently caress and so akward the past few years. Used to be really smooth.

Posting up in 2k12 was the best. Especially with Wilt.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is 02-03 Dirk really only an 85 while 07-08 Rondo is an 84?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Did they fix it so you can see fatigue without calling timeout or pausing the game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

jabro posted:

College is nothing but basketball, taking money from boosters, and sex. Seems Spike would have been all over that though 2K probably wouldn't have been too keen on it.

The schools in the game probably wouldn't have allowed them to do that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I finally started to play this tonight and the a button stopped passing midway through the first game. I tried to load a new game but A still wouldn't pass. Is there an easy way to change it back?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

What platform? If it's PC what are you using for a controller?

Xbox, the controls went back to normal when I played again today. Weird bug.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Some of the injuries in this game are ridiculous.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The way to win in MyGm/MyLeague mode remains the same as previous years.

Are you probably a playoff team? If yes, trade your picks for the next two years at the start of the season to random teams who don't look like playoff teams. Try to get two first round picks. Scout all year. If your picks are in low teens/just out of lottery try to trade into the best spot you can or move picks for picks in the next season. When you are ready to draft, pick the highest combo of how good the prospect currently is + potential in the A- or higher range. Keep moving picks around to continue to have an influx of great talent. User made drafts range from well made to randomly superstar rookies.

Personally, MyLeague mode is more fun than MyGm mode. My current Mavs squad started off as the '03 Mavs. Now I'm starting Nash/Del Curry/James Worthy/Dirk/an extremely overrated Shaq's son (from a custom draft) and have Patty Mills, Ben Wallace, + Thon Maker (from a custom draft). Mavs are going for the 4-peat.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 14, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish they would bring back the 2k12 Legends Showcase mode but modify it so you could play a game with normal rules. Playing/picking stacked themed teams for games is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wasn't planning on buying 2k17 then I read about MyGM/MyLeague league expansion. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mygm-myleague-league-expansion/10153690401877267 Looks like I'll be buying this game again. Going to be nice to be able to add the Sonics without deleting other teams.
All this game needs now is more classic teams and a mode where you play classic moments like in 2k12 and 11.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 21, 2016

• Locked thread