Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Did that tech mention if Lillard taps his wrist after clutch 3s or if Wesley Matthews fires off arrows after every 3? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I really liked being a SF and probably will go with that again. All the dunks, all the 3s, all the blocks. Plus the Blazers really don't have anything going on in that spot this year.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Duggler posted:

You can't make an all around Jesus anymore

Then what's the point?

I got 2K15 at launch and just last week tried MyGM. The league-wide redraft leads to some really amazing what-ifs.

It seems like ignoring players concerns completely vs promising more/less training/minutes works out better. Then you can't break promises and morale stays high from winning I guess.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Yoooo Matthews' 3 arrow made it. Between this and a way too big contract, I'm real happy for him.

E: ^ it was me

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

5 more hours until I can know if Lillard taps his wrist :negative:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dang they say twin? Harder to pass off as adopted

Edit: just a heads up, I preordered on Amazon and now they're telling me it's either coming tomorrow or Tuesday, so I walked into GameStop and picked up a copy there.

zelah fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 25, 2015

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Good

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dom Pagnotti is the best. Let me hire you already stop talking.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Oh wow. NBA Injury Report is on the social media feed. Y'all should check out their podcast if you haven't already

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Kind of a bummer that you can't make a super human 3pt/dunk/defensive monster (as easily?). I've made a 3 & D'ish Batum clone and a inside PF so far

E: if I want to be an Aldridge clone, would I boost up post moves or the jump shot stat to hit mid-range turn around jumpers easier?

zelah fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 27, 2015

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Live Practive stuff is pretty cool, it's too bad hitting L2 doesn't actually turn you around in it though. I like how the head coach whistles and calls you over but then some random assistant does all the talking.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Does the playvision seem buggy for anyone else (on pc)?

Playing MyCareer as a SG and my coaching is set to:

All plays
Full
Show All
Auto
Auto
Auto

but half the time it doesnt show where my player should be positioning, and if my player is meant to set a screen, it never shows it either. I just sort of guess where im supposed to be setting the screen by the arrows for my teammates.

I've noticed that too. Almost always when I'm supposed to et a screen for someone without the ball. I'm on PS4 though.

When it's a screen for the ball handler I think it's been popping up normal.

E: I just became a starter about 14 games in with the dumpster fire Blazers (2-12 despite lillard being 2nd in ppg, 1st in assists, etc and my PF averaging 20/10 with a few blocks).

zelah fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 29, 2015

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

So I didn't get over to the Team Owner connection and now it's giving me a :( and saying the connection is unavailable. Does that resolve at some point? I hope I didn't lock myself out of things.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

They eventually forgive you, but I would suggest not skipping his events in the future since they are rare

Good to know. Should I keep it in my list to see when it's okay or is it better to remove it for now?

Now that my PF is in the mid-70s scoring got a lot easier. Me and Lillard are 5th and 3rd in the league in scoring 20 games into the season, but the rest of the team is garbage. We'll see how Portland does in the lottery.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Are you an inside PF too? Once I picked up the Fade Ace badge and golded it, I went from averaging like 8 pts a game to averaging ~20 coming off the bench. The 10k VC from the preorder bonus helped a lot too.

It's too bad Fade Ace isn't one of the nicknames you can pick, because yes. Fade can't be stopped.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

They added the D Lillards after launch last year so maybe

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is there/what is the trick to finishing alley oop dunks? In my player I'm calling for them with double tapping triangle, but then I try and hit square when I catch but then just land with the ball.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dang it. They patched out the enter a career game on all-star, take a shot, sim to end but still get VC trick. They have not patched the thing where you come in off the bench and the guy you're supposed to guard is just idly animating for 25 seconds while everything else is black and white.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm in the 16/17 season with the Blazers and this roster is a mess in the front court. My PF, Tyler Zeller, Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis, Meyers Leonard, Vonleh, Asik. 1 SF, 5 guards. Who needs small ball?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

They have a really good podcast, too.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It's a video game though. If I can't dunk or dribble in real life let me make a dang generational superstar in the game.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Started a new MyGM game and the computer did me a huge favor. A few games into the first season they offered me a trade of Kristaps and some scrap person for CJ McCollum. I took it and then proceeded to trade off a few extra pieces. Ended up in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Went after Demar Derozan in the off season and now my starting 5 is:
Lillard
Derozan
Aminu
Porzingis
Ed Davis

Jordan Clarkson, Allen Crabbe, Evan Turner, and Plumlee are the main backups. Blazers are suddenly looking real strong.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Remember when his real name was in the game for awhile? Hope he got compensated for the lost podcast brand building opportunity...

It would be great in GM mode to have a way to tell someone that their role is to be 6th man or backup in general. Sucks having to constantly remind whoever is behind Lillard that, no, they are not going to be moved to the starting lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I don't make video games, so I can't say for sure, but these games make me think it is very very hard to make mouths look good. This series also seems to make it impossible to have suits look like they're not inflated. See the man on the left.

These games animate basketball really well, but they definitely look pretty shaky elsewhere.

• Locked thread